Should you let your girlfriend leave angry?

Long story short, I got in an argument with my girlfriend in the car on the way home. We didn’t talk for the rest of the ride, around 1 ½ hours, both being stubborn more than anything. The argument initiated over directions when she took a nasty tone with me, and I called her out on it. This was obviously not a major argument, just the type of stuff that pops up in relationships.

When we got to my place, she came in to get something, and then wanted to storm out and head home. I told her I couldn’t stop her from going, but that I wanted her to stay. We partially talked it out, neither of us apologized, and she stayed the night. We are fine now.

I don’t think I necessarily gave in with my actions when we got to my place, but maybe she considers that to be the case. Relationships are about compromise, and if one person is always giving in, than there will be a loss of romantic respect and attraction.

In these situations, should I just let her go and cool off? Unless it is a major argument, I prefer to work it out instead. I feel doing anything else shows weakness in the relationship, and could cause problems down the road.

likestolaugh

I hate go to to sleep or to let my gf leave if we have issues we still need to work out. I get a horrible feeling in my stomach until we do... it's really annoying.

You could try alternating. You are right when you say if you compromise yourself too much they lose interest. i used to do an alternative rule, my ex gf loved it. She liked it when I stood my ground...the whole alpha male appearance thijng.. I used to compromise every other time, and let her go mad the rest of the times. Once she cooled off, she always came back, because her being mad was an emotion that she enjoyed feeling.

Jimmy's_Brother

No offense, but your relationship doesn't sound particularly mature. The issue here is not about letting her leave angry. At least it shouldn't be. The issue is, why are you both so stubborn? Do you enjoy hanging out with someone you're angry at? Sounds like a miserable existence to me. Not to mention the fact that you never even talked it out, just had sex and let the issue "resolve" that way.

My guess is you're young, between 21 and 25, and you're still turned on by the dance of dealing with hot young girls. If she's angry over some little conversation, it's a sign of what you'll be dealing with in the future.

But it actually sounds like you ENJOY the drama, so by all means...

you're a wuss for giving in man...and your GF probably sees you as "CREEPY" for giving the silent treatment for almost 2 hours. That's what women do, not men.

Just kiddin' man....but I'm sure since everything ELSE seems Creepy to a woman, that does too. lol. Honestly, everyone has different tempermant and personality, but I personally wouldn't give in "every time." If you feel you gave in and did, that was the gentleman thing to do, and you took the high road.

However, what you need to watch out for now is how often this "continues." If she is ripping you for lame **** more frequently, she is doing it because she is getting more confident walking over you. There has to be a respect factor and if she does it again, you may want to let HER come to her senses and apologize to you. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for failure in the long run. The idea is to work problems out via communication when they arise so that there is no ill will or bad taste in either of your mouths in the future.

Hope things work out for ya man.