I had to cut her loose...

SimpleSam

I knew this was probably going to happen, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Jessie and I were supposed to go out for dinner on Tuesday and she completely blew it again. About a half hour before I was supposed to go pick her up, I text her that I would be to her house in 20 minutes. I jumped into the shower, and checked my phone and there was no response. So I waited another 20 minutes, and she finally responds: "I'm very sorry. But I can't make it." I call her right after I get this message, and she does not pick up the phone. At this point, I'm really mad. So I text her back: "Why not?" Another 15 minutes go by, and she doesn't respond. So, I decide that if she doesn't pick up the phone, I'm going to leave a voicemail this time. Well, I wasn't very happy when I left the message. I basically told her that if she couldn't go out tonight, she should have told me earlier; instead of right before I would have gone to get her. What made me really angry was that had I not have text her about being there in 20 minutes, I don't know if she would have told me she couldn't go out, so I would have shown up at her house looking like a fool.

A half hour later she sends me this text: "I don't have enough squares. Sorry, Jerk." What the hell?!?! All I wanted to know is why she couldn't come out..I think I'm entitled to at least an explanation. It wouldn't had mattered what the excuse was. So I tell her that if she wants to talk, she can be a big girl and call me.

I'll be honest guys, I completely blew a gasket after she called me a jerk for no apparent reason. So, if she wanted to play those games, I'll play...I called her good friend to see if I couldn't get some information about this absurd behavior. Now, I know what some of you are thinking; I'm crazy for going behind her back and doing this, but at this point I didn't care. Her friend basically told me things I had already had a pretty good grasp on. She is a very self-absorbed person, is not willing to compromise, and doesn't like to explain her motivations. And all this coming from a girl who persued me.

It has been a couple of days, and I've been thinking about may be apologizing for calling her friend to see if she could give any information about this girl. Because Jessie was really mad that I did that. She sent me a text, the next day, at 6:30 a.m. saying how mad she was. But another part me thinks, "Listen girl, you brought this on yourself by treating me like this. You messed with the wrong bull." First this Ann Arbor art festival snafu, and now breaking off the date right before I took off. I just can't take it anymore.

She disrespected you, clearly. But don't waste your time lecturing her on her immature behavior. Of COURSE she's going to try and turn it on you. That's what women do - they don't have any accountability for their actions, so don't try to argue with her about it. Whatever you do, don't apologize to her - for anything.

Instead, stop chasing her. Clearly her interest level is low or she'd go out with you. Women should be chasing you, not the other way around. When you meet a woman who is truly interested, she will WANT to go out with you; it won't even matter what you do or where you go.

When a girl flakes on me, I don't bother calling or emailing. I make other plans. If there was a legitimate excuse, she'll call and explain. Otherwise, who cares....NEXT!

• Author

This is the girl I had been seeing for the last six weeks. Basically what I did was evaluate her behavior. I have my degree in Criminal Justice, minor in Sociology, so I studied human behavior in the program. What she was demonstrating to me was that she wants me to do whatever she wants. But if I plan something, she has every right to bale on me. Which is bull****. And she confirmed this after I took her back from Ann Arbor saying, "I don't like to compromise at all." So I weighed out the pros and cons and the cons vastly outnumbered the pros. I wish it would had worked out but I don't have time for games, especially with someone who I thought was on my maturity level; her being the same age and all.

Hate to break to you but there are women my age who still play those immature, self-absorbed games, hence you'll be dealing with it your entire life. The trick is to avoid marrying one :)

Sorry to hear about it and hope the next potential offers a healthier experience...

Sounds like she's just another self-absorbed chickie with an entitlement complex. Good thing you cut her loose. She's now - or will be soon - someone else's problem.

Have no idea what the 'squares' thing means though.

• Author

The squares thing I couldn't figure out for the life of me. The more I think about it, the abortion Jessie had probably affected her more than she let on. She was dating this guy Chris for a month, and then they went out, got drunk, and had wild sex that got her pregnant. She found out on Memorial Day of this year, and had the procedure done. Then she met me two weeks later, while she was still going through the after effects. So I think this issue had a big burden on the situation. It's probably why she told me that she had no problem sleeping with other guys, but with me it was different.

My guess with the squares had something to do with her phone, maybe the reception was bad and didn't have a good signal.

paddington bear

Maybe it was 'he's such a square' - does anyone even use that term any more?

In any case you're well out of it, apologising for calling her friend won't change a thing. She is a very self-absorbed person, is not willing to compromise, and doesn't like to explain her motivations. You'll apologise, she won't compromise and she won't explain anything.

Citizen Drawn

I don't think you have a reason to apologise. I think you should just forget about her.

And congratulations on behaving like a man.