is this weird behavior????

this guy that i know, i was wondering if his behavior is normal or do you think it signifies something that isn't normal.

he is staying with his brother in law and wife right now..temporarily that is. the other night i was talking to him late online, and he said they were fighting. i ask if it was bad or anything, and he didn't really say. i don't think they had been fighting that long, but he abruptly says that he has to get out of the house. he actually gets in the car and takes off driving down the interstate, must have been really late, at least midnight. he then calls me from his cell while driving, he sounds rather frustrated. anyway to me this sounds weird, what do you think? he must not like fights, who does, but to go out driving like that just because someone else is having a fight? plus it was not safe on his part to be out driving in the middle of the night. i'm getting the feeling he was around fights a lot or something. i don't know it seems weird

1. Lots of people drive late at night. I don't understand why you think that's dangerous? :confused:

2. No, it's not weird at all that he wanted to get out of the house for a bit when his sister and her husband were fighting. Have you ever been in that situation? It is horrifically embarrassing and uncomfortable to be a guest in someone's home and have that happen - worse since he's currently living there and can't just leave to go home.

I'm assuming that the fighting was occurring when he was talking to you/left to drive around.

• Author

well its just we were in the middle of having a good conversation online, and he acts like he can't control himself and is focusing more on a fight and just leaves. i guess its not weird i dont know

I guess you would have had to be there. If they were in a real shouting match and the house is a smaller one I would probably take off for a bit as well. He was probably just frustrated that the fight was interuppting a great conversation. ;)

• Author

i probably will ask him, but i wanted some general opinions first.

why don't you ask HIM? i'm sure he would be willing to discuss it with you if you are interested...

...or maybe he wasn't at home?! Maybe he was out at a friend's house and he was chatting with you from there. Then he called you on the way home?!

• Author
...or maybe he wasn't at home?! Maybe he was out at a friend's house and he was chatting with you from there. Then he called you on the way home?!

i don't know what you mean. he was at his sisters house???? we were talking on the PC there, and he gets in car and leaves....but later on he does call me while driving and he sounds weird too. well i think ill bring it up to him the next time i talk. i personally think it sounds like he was too distracted by this every day arguing, but wanted other opinions in general. thanks

What's weird about a guy wanting to get out of a house instead of listening to two other people are fighting?

I thought this thread was going to be about some man running down the road naked with a dead chicken on his head.........

"I thought this thread was going to be about some man running down the road naked with a dead chicken on his head......... "

What's so weird about that?

Bahaha! :p

• Author

AHHHH I don't think i should ask him, if in general it seems like nothing. i personally question this because i don't think its a typical reaction. he is around every day fighting and he acts like he is the one in the argument. im talking to him and he just leaves. i think it was rude but at least he did call me later, but he sounded weird. i think considering how late it was and he went to the freeway that was a bit of an overreaction. ahh i will just have to wait and watch for more odd behaviors or if any

JustLooking123

It sounds like you consider it weird, regardless of what people on here are saying.

How do you know what kind of argument the couple was having? You weren't there! And not everyone is around arguing enough to make it seem "everyday" or routine - I would definitely feel awkward and unpleasant being around another couple while they are arguing. I do not consider his behavior weird at all; in fact, it is quite understandable.

My advice is to talk to him about the situation, find out more details about what happened, because clearly you think his reaction was "odd."

• Author

I am going to just wait and see.he said they were arguing over the PHONE BILL! instead of going in another room or just out to his car he leaves and hits the road like someone was attempting to beat him with a stick. not to mention lets this ruin our conversation. ill keep telling myself its nothing and hopefully nothing else will happen like this or i hope this doesn't mean he flips out over things

I am going to just wait and see.he said they were arguing over the PHONE BILL! instead of going in another room or just out to his car he leaves and hits the road like someone was attempting to beat him with a stick. not to mention lets this ruin our conversation. ill keep telling myself its nothing and hopefully nothing else will happen like this or i hope this doesn't mean he flips out over things

Who cares what they were arguing about? It's probably more about HOW they were arguing and the tense environment they were creating. Why the hell would this guy wanna be there to witness a very personal moment in his sister's life?

You're not being very compassionate or understanding of his situation - "not to mention lets this ruin our conversation" :lmao::rolleyes:

• Author

oh i'm sorry i didn't know everyone goes flying down the highway in the middle of the night when relatives are arguing over the phone bill not being paid. i sympathize it may have been uncomfortable to him and he doesn't want to hear it, but someone mature and stable should be able to deal with it unless its like a massive blow out fight with people throwing stuff and i know it wasn't like that.

oh i'm sorry i didn't know everyone goes flying down the highway in the middle of the night when relatives are arguing over the phone bill not being paid. i sympathize it may have been uncomfortable to him and he doesn't want to hear it, but someone mature and stable should be able to deal with it unless its like a massive blow out fight with people throwing stuff and i know it wasn't like that.

OK, so you don't care what other people think, as someone else already pointed out. You've already decided that his actions make him immature and unstable.

Jen - it sounds to me like your almost looking for a reason to drop this guy. Are you sure there isn't something else about him thats bothering you?

well if you are unwilling to ask him for the truth then you can still have a reason to wonder about what it all means. a mature person would just ask for clarity and get beyond all the assumptions.

• Author

why are you all over me cause i haven't asked him yet? you talk to me like i have no right to come on this site to ask for advise. give me time to ask him. i guess you are saying i shouldn't have come on here in the first place. i see your advise is to "ASK" him. i am mature, but considering his feelings.

well if you are unwilling to ask him for the truth then you can still have a reason to wonder about what it all means. a mature person would just ask for clarity and get beyond all the assumptions.
why are you all over me cause i haven't asked him yet? you talk to me like i have no right to come on this site to ask for advise. give me time to ask him. i guess you are saying i shouldn't have come on here in the first place. i see your advise is to "ASK" him. i am mature, but considering his feelings.

not all over you - and not being critical. just pointing you to the source for the truth from him. we can evaluate his situation a million different ways, but it doesn't help if you don't get what REALLY happened from him.

to consider his feelings - you would need the truth from him.

i'm not sure why my advice is being dodged when it is simple advice.

whichwayisup

If the fighting around him, set him off, maybe a bad childhood experience or something, don't take it personally. It wasn't about you and I highly doubt he meant to be rude.

To you it may have been an overreaction, but to him it wasn't. Afew guys I know will go for a drive, just to get away from whatever - It relieves stress.

plus it was not safe on his part to be out driving in the middle of the night.

What time of night was it? And, how old is he? If he is like 16, which I doubt, then yeah maybe it's unsafe, but if he's an adult, anytime is safe for him to drive on the highway..Probably safer for him at night than during the day.

whichwayisup

Again, it wasn't about you. He needed to get away from the yelling. Not all can handle being around fighting. Or maybe he just felt uncomfortable and felt like going for a drive, to get away, to give them privacy.

someone mature and stable should be able to deal with it

I'm not sure I get your statement? So because he handled it in a way that you didn't agree with, he's unstable and immature?