rod_in_gtown

rod_in_gtown

For all the ladies out there:

If you see on a man's profile on match.com that:

Wants kids: Definitely

Vs

Wants kids: Someday

What is your assumption?

On my profile I put "definitely" because I know I want kids at some point in my life. But it's definitely not right now. So I feel that either answer works for me. But I don't want to give off the wrong impression.

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you see that answer? I'm not planning on making you quit your job in the next year so you can start breeding, is that what's coming across?

whimsical_memory

If I were to see that response on a profile, I would feel slightly better seeing the "definitely" response simply because I am a single parent, and I feel that a man might be more accepting of my kids because of his response. "Someday" would make me feel that maybe the guy is not ready for a commitment, and is hedging his bets by responding that way.

However, I am of the opinion that I am an odd duck, so feel free to disregard my opinion ;)

I think the definatley answer is good because it does show that you do want a family, the someday answer seems more like a maybe later but right now having too much fun. I guess it depends on you, are you a definatley or someday guy?

• Author
rod_in_gtown

I definitely want children. Once I'm in love and married. Which means, if I start dating someone now, It'll be at least a year before we get engaged and at least a year after that until we marry. After marriage, I want to enjoy being a husband for about a year or two before starting to have kids.

Now, none of those numbers are exact, but it does explain my mindset. Yeah, I want kids someday, meaning when I'm in love and married. So "definitely someday" would be a perfect answer.

To me "Definitely" falls within a 1-2 year plan, wereas someday falls between a 3-5 year plan.

BTW, this is the first time in my life where I've set that kind of timeline so I'm a little surprised at myself.

I think your definatley answer fits you then. They should have a definatley someday on there as an option that is a good one.

This is very much personal experience with guys I know/dated.

"Definitely" means, yes, I want kids.

"Someday" means either:

a) he thinks that saying "someday" will get him more girls

b) "I guess I might want kids in the distant future, but right now I'm having way too much fun partying; I'll think about it more later when I'm "old"".

c) he really does think that he wants kids in the future - but he's having so much fun partying RIGHT NOW, and in truth, he will always be having too much fun partying RIGHT NOW, so it will never happen.

• Author
rod_in_gtown

Thanks guys. I'm just concerned because all of a sudden I've hit a match "slump". None of the women I've contacted in the past few weeks have written back. when contact was steady for about a month or so. I guess it's just a biorythm kind of thing.

Maybe everyone is out partying and meeting people at bars for summer break? those things do happen and sure you will receive some responses soon.