Can a couple with "uneven attractiveness" be happy in long run???

Vegas777

Can a couple with uneven attractiveness be happy in the long run? For example, if the girl is a 9 and the guy is a 6 or 7, or vice versa?

Granted, I am easy on the eyes. But I have everything going for me except my looks. I am dating a girl who is a solid 9 and has been used to dating 9's and 10's herself, often times douchebag *******s who break her heart and play her. I feel like she is settling and that bothers me.

Thoughts?

I was just watching CNN recently and there was a study just out that couples where the woman is more attractive than the man are statistically more likely to last.

SoulSearch_CO
I feel like she is settling and that bothers me.

Thoughts?

Why does it have to be considered settling? I used to think I gave a **** about looks...decided I really don't. It'll sound cheesy, but what's inside is what counts. Generally, in my experience, the guys that have been able to coast by on their looks tend to have the shallowest personalities. They haven't had to be challenged to develop much below the surface to get by in life. I have found greater/more attractive character in "average"-looking guys.

paddington bear

She's dating you = she wants to date you, so forget the 'she's settling nonsense', if she didn't want to be there, she wouldn't.

I read somewhere about our own perceptions of ourselves in terms of looks. And apparently if you are a 5, but think you are a 10, you will get 10's. Likewise, if you're a 10 and think you're only a 4, you will get 4's. So, I guess it's all about self-perception and confidence.

A friend of mine, lovely and funny and great, but not miss universe, is just happy with who she is, doesn't put herself down, never have I heard her say 'god, I'm so fat and ugly, who would want me?' or harp on about her imperfections. Anyway, she is just who she is, is confident with that and her boyfriend said to her one day 'You could get anyone you wanted, you could get Johnny Depp if you wanted him' - in his eyes she was a totally desirable woman, that any man would want, whereas in reality she's just a normal girl.

So, ditch all those doubts about where you are on the scale, the more you focus on the gap between you and your girlfriend, the more you will constantly see yourself as somehow lesser than her, and then it will become true!

Can a couple with uneven attractiveness be happy in the long run? For example, if the girl is a 9 and the guy is a 6 or 7, or vice versa?

Granted, I am easy on the eyes. But I have everything going for me except my looks. I am dating a girl who is a solid 9 and has been used to dating 9's and 10's herself, often times douchebag *******s who break her heart and play her. I feel like she is settling and that bothers me.

Thoughts?

Why do you think she's settling, just because you think's she's more attractive or are there other reasons.

Yes, if you remain attracted to each other. you could be both 11s and one lose attraction...

That is what is so horrifying about commitment. It is absolutely possible...and happens quite often...that attraction is lost in time for one or the other. I don't think it's anything that can be predicted or controlled. If any person is around 24/7, it's seems only human that it they be taken for granted eventually. Just human nature.