Questioning my Relationship

SweetheartJenn

SweetheartJenn
:confused::confused:My Boyfriend and I are getting ready to hit our two year mark. He has talked about marriage from day one saying that i'm the love of his life, yet he hasn't made any commitment to me yet (engagement). I bought a house several years ago. And he just bought one not to long ago he claims he bought it because of me. We live in different towns(an hour apart). Recently I let my Mother move in only because I thought we maybe could now live together. Well that didn't happened, his excuse is that he doesn't want his mother to hate me. She is old fashioned! Yet, he has lived with a previous girlfriend just after dating her a month or so. Two weeks into that one he didn't want to be in that relationship anymore, they broke up several months later. His mother didn't know anything about that, she didn't even know where he lived at the time. The fact that he doesn't want to live with me hurts me only because he has lived with an ex. He says he wants to wait till we are married. Yet he has gave me a ring and i'm not sure if he is anytime soon. He uses my fiance and my house as an excuse. I'm working on my fiances, but for my house I can't sell it anytime soon, but my mom could rent it from me. I feel like he is using a past relationship that went bad fast against me.

It sounds like he learned something from his previous relationship and is applying it to this one. What's the big rush, anyway? I don't recommend living together unless you are engaged or married. Do you want to marry him, or do you just want to get married?

• Author
SweetheartJenn

He is the love of my life, and yes I want to marry him! What I don't want to do is wait on some who make empty promises. I'm not trying to rush it. I didn't say I wanted to get married tomorrow, I just want him not to talk so much about it and yet take no action. I just want some kind of commitment.