some of his friends are rude to me

mistress

my bf has some female friends.

never had a problem with it.

most are really nice to me.

anyway there is one i only ever heard about.

he's known her since 7th grade but goes back and forth between living here and another city.

finally he introduced us when she happened to be at the same party as us.

and she was SO RUDE!

a lot of my other friends know her.

and i don't ever hear good things about her.

i tried to give her a fair chance, but did not like her whatsoever.

i have heard a lot of things about her sleeping with taken men.

i have heard that she's a bitch, she knows it and says she's proud of it.

i don't like those kinds of people...i like personable people who i don't have to worry about leaving alone with my bf for five seconds.

she invited him to a party this weekend before we left.

i mentioned to him that i thought she was being stuck up.

he got mad.

i hate fighting so does he.

but i feel like she was being really disrespectful to me.

i don't want to fight, but i feel like i should press the issue.

i don't want him to be okay with his friends being mean to me and i want him to stick up for me when i'm being wronged.

i can certainly take care of myself and confront these girls...

but i know that would open an even bigger can of worms.

should i just drop it or tell him to tell his dumb bitch friend to be polite or we arent going to her party?

he has a couple of other friends who i feel are rude to me.

one is male two are females.

i'm sure it's because they are also best friends with his exgf.

when i mention their attitudes he accuses me of hating all of his friends.

it's not true though.

i like most of them.

i just hate being treated like crap by them!

keep in mind we hardly ever fight.

i need to know how to bring up this problem with him without causing a huge problem in our relationship.

If his friends are being rude to you , he should notice this.

If he doesnt notice it himself - he isnt paying enough attention.

If he notices and doesnt care, he doesnt care enough about you.

Part of any partners responsibility, and one of the best parts of a relationship is that our SO makes us feel good about ourselves, confident in the relationship, cared for, taken care of.

His friends being rude to you is unacceptable.

You have been reasonable and you enjoy most of his friends - does he know this.

If you dont care for the way a few of them treat you - he should handle it himself.

If he will not, and you want to stay with him, and not create an argument - You simply tell him to go to the party without you.

Period. You are showing him that you, for one, will not put up with that kind of treatment. Dont accuse him, or argue with him. Just dont go.

i have heard a lot of things about her sleeping with taken men.

...i like personable people who i don't have to worry about leaving alone with my bf for five seconds.

I hate to say this, but... karma?

xpaperxcutx

He doesn't respect you.

My previous relationship had me suffering at my exes friend's remarks. I told him about it, but I had to talk with him twice before he decided to have a talk with his friends. The relationship didn't last.

My ex didn't have any backbone when it came to confronting his friends, yours don't have respect for you to care enough to confront them.

Talk with him about them. Even if it ends in a fight, you have to make it known that you're really disrepected by his friends. And he plays the " I don't want to talk about it" game, you walk out that door and find yourself another bf that will at least stand up for you.

MN randomguy
I hate to say this, but... karma?

What I thought when I saw her name "mistress"

So, yes, either this girl is the good one and detects a "mistress" in her presence and would like to get rid of you.

Or, you picked to username to be alluring, etc.

If the later is the case, remember that we were all different people in third grade when they first became friends and if she's gotten b****y he will eventually have to decide if he wants to be friends with her anymore. Its hard to give-up old friends.

I'd try to avoid her. I think if he knows that you two don't get along he'll try to avoid mixing you for a while. If you've been dating for a long time (6 mo. or more) and it gets serious there will have to be resolution. But, right now, give it some distance, maybe she'll warm up to you.