I know to regret has no value, but...

colosseum

This is rather ranty, and I'm sorry about this, but I would like your input and personal anecdotes and reflections on them.

I wish I could get off my a** and start dating again. I'm at school and I've become delusional that my ex somehow still likes me. I thought for a long time I'm really over her because I did NC for a long time and was doing just fine. I think it comes down to that I just don't want to make the effort of meeting new people again since her potential availability would be convenient.

This is all to say: I wish I hadn't just gone (literally a couple hours ago) to my ex's place and made an a** of myself and alienating her even more by asking her if we're "really over" BUT to reassure her that "I am over [her], just to make sure we're on the same page."

I think I really am over her--I'm fine when I see her, and I don't get some rousing emotions bad or good when I talk to her, as I would approach any other friend.

But well, I guess I'm just tired of being alone, as Al Green would say in his hit song. And I haven't been proactive enough to make things happen, because to be honest, there are people on my radar that I really would like to get to know better--I just haven't been doing anything about it.

*sigh* it's been a long week.

Sorry about that. But any reflections upon personal experiences? What to do with regrets, how to cope, how to come back, how to "forgive and forget" (yourself even?) and become proactive again?

Thanks for your patience and wisdom, LSers...