LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Insecure men who like to cut women down

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2009, 8:39 AM   #1
Established Member

Insecure men who like to cut women down

okay, I knew a guy who said that whenever a woman had high self esteem he would put her down. I asked him why and he said, "I don't know. I just don't like females walking around with a big head."

If you were confident and made remarks like, "I am pretty and attractive." He would get very irritated. Once, I said something about how I had an hourglass figure and he said, "I know women who have better figures than you do you don't even have the most curvy body out there." I was taken back and he sounded so angry when he said that.

Why are some men insecure that they feel the need to tear down women who realize their worth? Is it an ego thing?
MeaganRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 8:42 AM   #2
Established Member

He sounds like he just wants to rain on every strong attractive women's parade. Maybe one did him dirty in his past and he's taking it out on the rest of the bunch? Or he's just a dick.
Old 28th March 2009, 8:51 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaganRaye View Post
Why are some men insecure that they feel the need to tear down women who realize their worth? Is it an ego thing?
That's just the way they are and that's their fault. IT'S YOUR FAULT for hanging around with them. The instant you find someone has this attitude, find the nearest route away from their proximity.

It's not an ego thing as much as it's a lack of class thing and an ignorance thing.
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 8:58 AM   #4

I don't know..

But why are you going around telling people how hot you are, or describing your figure ? That seems insecure.

If I told women "Wow, I have a great body" I would expect some negative comments as well.
boxing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 9:16 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing123 View Post
I don't know..

But why are you going around telling people how hot you are, or describing your figure ? That seems insecure.

If I told women "Wow, I have a great body" I would expect some negative comments as well.
We were talking about weight and body shapes and I mentioned that I had an hourglass figure. I was not bragging at all
Old 28th March 2009, 9:19 AM   #6

Quote:
If you were confident and made remarks like, "I am pretty and attractive." He would get very irritated. Once, I said something about how I had an hourglass figure
I guess it kind of flowed together, as you stated someone might make the remark "I am pretty and attractive". I mean who goes around saying that about themselves?
boxing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 9:20 AM   #7
Established Member

Didn't her friend admit to liking to cut women down who have self esteem?

Isn't that that question the OP asked?
AlektraClementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 9:26 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
I guess it kind of flowed together, as you stated someone might make the remark "I am pretty and attractive". I mean who goes around saying that about themselves?
What the hell does it matter to the original point? The guy admitted he was cutting women down. Stay focused here, man.

Oh, wait, I get it.... You're being ironic by doing the same thing!!!! Cool! Sorry dude, I totally missed that! Nice job...

Anyway, back to the OP, I think it goes back to what you said: insecurity. Someone who does not feel strong or confident feels threatened by someone else who is. Someone who lacks self-confidence can gain some - false confidence, that is - by dragging someone else down. He gets a sense of power, only it's power "over" someone else, as opposed to personal power, so ultimately, when he goes back home, he still doesn't end up with any more power or confidence within the sphere of his own life.

Essentially an emotional vampire.
Old 28th March 2009, 9:35 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
I don't go around saying things like that because I don't have the most self esteem in the world. But I can think of a lot of conversations where people have stated that they are attractive and have good qualities to find a mate
Old 28th March 2009, 9:41 AM   #10
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
There's also the whole PUA philosophy which stipulates that if you make a women feel vulnerable, she will therefore seek further validation from you.

Problem with that it's that it only works on insecure women - and yes, some women who put a lot of emphasis on how great they look can be insecure.

I don't think this is what you were doing by saying you had an hourglass figure however and i agree with Tony: avoid people who feel entitled to cut others down and the quality of your life and social networks will greatly improve.
Kamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 9:48 AM   #11
Established Member

Journal Entries: 38
Scum sucking bottom feeders talk smack about others.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Established Member

Location: You don't know what you are missing. Other then political corruption, insane property tax and road rage. There is a new sheriff in town New Jersey.
This isn't a simple matter or the normal male ego. Male ego is when your boyfriend tells you he just washed your car and you gush all over him about how great a guy he is. This guy is a moron with very low self-esteem. Any person, regardless of gener, that puts other people down, feels more hate about themselves then others. People who make fun of fat people, people who make fun of people of different nationalities or religion, girls who are catty about other girls..I don't care what it is. Anyone who feels the need to make derogatory comments about people, regardless of their looks or station in life, has alot going on inside that makes them feel bad about themselves first. They hide it very well.

I hope you are not hanging out with this guy.
Jersey Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 11:38 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
okay, I knew a guy who said that whenever a woman had high self esteem he would put her down. I asked him why and he said, "I don't know. I just don't like females walking around with a big head."

If you were confident and made remarks like, "I am pretty and attractive." He would get very irritated. Once, I said something about how I had an hourglass figure and he said, "I know women who have better figures than you do you don't even have the most curvy body out there." I was taken back and he sounded so angry when he said that.

I would put down anybody (man or a woman) who walks around telling people "Look at me, look ar my hourglass figure", literally or figuratively.

Perhaps you're just pissing him off . There is a big difference between having an actual self esteem and being a cocky mess.
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I would put down anybody (man or a woman) who walks around telling people "Look at me, look ar my hourglass figure", literally or figuratively.

Perhaps you're just pissing him off . There is a big difference between having an actual self esteem and being a cocky mess.
Why would you need to cut that person down though for saying that? Are they making you feel bad by pointing out their own positive attributes?

Besides, that is not even how the scenario played out.
Old 28th March 2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Why would you need to cut that person down though for saying that? Are they making you feel bad by pointing out their own positive attributes?

Besides, that is not even how the scenario played out.
Well, I have a lot of positive attributes too, but I wouldn't walk around telling people about them because I'd think that it's distasteful; and so that'd be my reaction if i saw somebody else yapping around about how awesome they are. I would not necessarily say anything, but will certainly roll my eyes and be "Beyootch, puhleeze" .

I'm speakink in generalities, of course, there sure are some instances where it may be approrpiate, but still, other than jokingly saying "Yeah, baby, I'm a badass", there aren't that many situations where you could go on and on without running the risk of irritating most people.

And then there is also the "Sex and the city" personality, which really needs to be put down - and I mean literally, in the vet clinic .
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote