Is taking a work-related break reasonable?

loveslife

I've been seeing someone for about a month. It's going very well but not into very serious yet. Things are crazy at work and I really need to focus for the next couple of weeks.

Do you think it's reasonable to say so and ask to wait to get together again until after that period? How would you respond?

I am on the other side of this situation right now. And I expressed support but did not commit to seeing them once the work was done. That's the risk you take. It feels bad to be put to the side in a new relationship.

ya i agree with waitress, it suxs the big one to be put aside in a new relationship [or any for that matter] just tell them you will be busy an text them every now and again to remid them that you didnt go anywhere and are just bogged down at work and that it is temporary

The Blue Pill

For sure, let the other person know what's going on in your life, honestly. If you are swamped with your career, explain that at this point in your life that's your priority but you're still very interested in them too and would like to stay in contact if you can.

Tax season and all, are you in accounting?

• Author

Not accounting, no. Just a project which will be done in a couple of weeks. Do you think if I say for the next couple of weeks I won't be able to get together but lets get together when this is done, that shows that I am responsible, interested and this is just temporary?

Not accounting, no. Just a project which will be done in a couple of weeks. Do you think if I say for the next couple of weeks I won't be able to get together but lets get together when this is done, that shows that I am responsible, interested and this is just temporary?

I think you're going to have to make it clearer than you normally would that you are really interested in the person and want to pursue things.

My knee jerk reaction to being told, "I'm busy for 2 weeks," is that he is not interested, so I would really need to be reassured that he in fact really is busy.

I would say to keep in contact with the person via text/calls/emails so it isn't like you are abandoning them for two weeks which can seem like an eternity depending on how connected you were with them to begin with. Just communicate more if you can't see the person.