We have plans, haven't heard from him. Concerned..

So things have been going really great with this guy I've been seeing. We've been dating for 5 weeks--they've been awesome We always have a blast together, he's very affectionate, holds my hand, wants to cuddle a lot, we talk almost daily. He always seems really excited to talk to me, took me out last Tuesday to the movies, opened the car doors for me, held my hand during the movie, bought me coffee, spent the night all cuddled up with me, left in the morning to go to work but kissed me on the head as he was leaving.

So today, Monday, is his birthday. I asked him last Thursday if he wanted to do something today--told him I'd take him out, my treat anywhere he wanted to go. He seemed excited, said he'd love to hang out with me, that he'd think of somewhere. Friday, he logs on, but we only talk for 10 minutes--then he goes out and I guess does something with his friends. I log off around 11pm for the night. The next morning, I have an offline message dated at 1am that just says "awww" and another that says "I miss you.". Which was a good surprise because he's never said that before. I send him a little text Saturday morning. He doesn't reply. When I get home Saturday afternoon, I log on, he's online but logs off about 30 min later without saying anything. No word from him Sunday. He logs on last night-stays on an hour-then logs off again without a word. I had figured that since I'd contacted him last, I'd wait for him to reply before saying anything else.

At this point I've become somewhat worried. It's odd for him to just not speak to me. I sent him a text right after midnight that just said "happy birthday!"---no response. Now here it is, Monday, his birthday and I haven't heard anything from him in several days. Not to mention it snowed a lot last night, so I don't know if he's working today, if he is off for his birthday, if he'll still want to go out because of the snow...I don't know anything and it's frustrating! I don't even know if he still wants to go out because he hasn't spoken to me! I'm *not* going to contact him again since he's not responded to the past two texts I've sent...I think he should respond to me. I don't like being in limbo here. A big part of me is worried that I'm being blown off and I wonder if I should forget it. He just seemed so excited about hanging out with me today...and left me a message that he "misses me"--but then ignores me for days and doesn't respond? That doesn't make sense. Advice?