Haven't Dated In A Year....

joybean72

Currently going through a divorce, so yeah...technically on paper I am still married. (Husband has been living with the OW for the last year). I find myself at a crossroad right now and wanting to play the field so to speak. Haven't ever been much of a "dater". The problem I am having at this point is that I'm not a very good juggler...

I am not looking for a "rebound"...someone to "take care of me" etc....yet I don't want to be labeled as a "Player" either. Is it easier for a man to date and not be labeled as such? Because it seems like if a woman does they get a reputation. Just wondering everyone's take on this. I know I am not a player and I am up front and honest with the men I am dating. They know where I'm at right now...

Except for I don't know what to do with this one guy...his wife passed away unexpectedly & recently. I am COMPLETELY attracted to him, he seems the same way with me. I just don't want to hurt his heart.....MORE! Ya know? I have brought this up to him as well and he seems to be okay with how thing are going. He continues to take care of her child (Not his)....TOTALLY a stand up kinda guy! I guess I am just worried and need to tread lightly. Any women here ever dated a widower???? I guess that's what I'm really asking....Advice?

I think you could go out just as friends, as your both still a tad fragile. If it develops into something more when your both feeling more comfortable then great, if not you would have been in male company and he female company and probably enjoyed yourselves.

• Author

Thank you blondesmiler.:) We are actually very comfortable around each other...he's very (If not overly) attentive, affectionate, all of that! (Which I am not use to anyway) That is what my concern is though! I have explained where I am at right now with him....but I can't help but feel that his heart is very fragile right now, and to pursue this further may be very detrimental in the long run. He says he's okay...but I STILL can't help but wonder if he's just using this as a "band aid" & I find myself becoming more and more attracted to him at the same time.

Guess I'll just roll with it and see what happens.

Yes, I think that sounds like one of those relationships that should be taken very very slowly, and it will be so worth it in the end and you will know what you're getting into if it all works out. How lovely that sounds.