He tells everyone he likes me BUT he talks about his ex and wants to take things slow

SDSJ

Hi guys:

Im seeing this guy for about a month, and well at first it seems like we liked each other a lot, but then he decided to take things slowly. To my mistake we have been having sex , but now Im realizing that he pretty much is taking all he wants when he needs it and Im not getting aything out of it . The other day we were talking and he brought up his ex , they broke up 9 months ago.. but he always brings up the same story of how he used to do everything for her( flowers , millions of gifts and so much money spent on her) and she never gave anything back to him , he keeps going on how he gave to much for something that wasnt worth it. I asked him if he would go back to her and he said that he thought about it in the beginning but he wouldnt get back to her. I feel bad about all these things that he says he did for her and im sitting in front of him getting nothing . Like we spend nights together and such but at the end doesnt even hold my hand or kisses me to say bye , he just shakes my hand! Its obvious what the responses are going to be here , but Im on one of those situations where you are so blinded and hurt that dont know whats the best way to go about it .. he says he is taking the time to get to know each other better and then see ....

Please advise me!

confused_2008

You have sex and then he shakes your hand? :confused: That to me says no emotional connection whatsoever. Is he affectionate or attentive to you at all, or is this pretty much about sex? If you want more than sex, tell him taking it slow doesn't include sex right now.

It seems like he is not over his ex or that he has real baggage.

You need to express your needs and desire to be treated well.

How can you even sleep with someone who just shakes your hand!? If my friend told me a guy she was seeing did that I probably wouldnt even believe her! Craziness.

You need to either stop seeing him or tell him you won't see him unless he treats you like you are dating.

I dont know girl, is this guy even worth it?