Is our friendship over with my guy friend of 10 years?

brenda collins

brenda collins

some of you may have seen my previous posts. Been friends with this guy for ten years. Were always just friends although we slpet in the same bed after drunken nights out (nothing happened.) He had a girlfriend for two years. She broke up with him a few months ago. Slept with him twice one weekend after the next... the first weekend we were drunk, we spoke about it whilst out at a club the next weekend, he said it shouldnt happen again. he then said why do you want it to? i said i didn't know and started crying.. went home and he said i should come and stay at his and it happened again... and now havent spoken to him since... I texted him saying i didnt want our friendship to get ruined and he texted back "relax. we're cool." thst was last week... havent heard from him since. im gutted as think im in love with him... Tried to put that all as condensed as poss! advice please! xxxxxxx

Your FRIENDSHIP may not be over, though it's going to be weird for a while.

You better start falling out of love, though; I don't think this guy wants to be with you.

Its a sticky situation. I know what its like to fall for a friend. I'd say to play it cool for a bit. Give him a little bit of space, and see if he comes back around. I wouldnt text him again, until he makes the next contact. You dont want to come across as too clingy right now, it may scare him even more and push him away a bit..since you guys already DID cross the lines of friendship by sleeping with eachother..you guys were intimate, he may be thinking about how thats going to change things.

Drink less and wait for him to show proper romantic interest or continue the friendship as if the sex didn't happen. Then (if you want to wait) you decide what you want to do. In the meantime, spend time with your other friends. :)

IMO, people who have sex, especially friends who have sex, should talk about relationship/friendship issues in person or on the phone. Save the texts for meet-up times, etc.

SoulSearch_CO

I think some distance for awhile would be a good thing - give you a chance to get your head on straight about this guy. The friendship may not be over, but I agree it will be strange for awhile. Being around him is not helping your feelings. Step back for a bit and let him contact you first...or if you'll be first to contact, at least wait until your "feelings" have calmed a little bit. If you don't think it's possible to just remain friends without letting "love" get in the way, then maybe it's best to not contact him at all. (Not shun him - just don't be the initiator.)