flirting or friendly

xrhannyx

I am really likin this guy right and we have been really close friends for a while now! this weekend just gone it seems i may have psarked something but im not 100% sure...think i need sum help! Im not sure if hes bein friendly or flirting or if im being to whimp to admitt he might like me....

1) we have always hugged to say goodbye but hes been giving them me to say hi and thank you

2) we always had our own space but now he is standing behind me leaning on me...putting his hands on mine

3) hes always making jokes or acting silly and looks to check im listening

4) we see each other nearlly every other day and dont go a day without talking!

5) hes a year older than me....and we first started tlking deeply when he broke up with his first time girlfriend n hes had 2 girls since we have been friends and both time they have broken up he has come to me to talk

6) we have never done anything beyond hugging....Is it cos hes scared or just not interested???

any suggestions???

xxxx

There's no reason to have done anything except hugging, since you have never gone out with him. (Unless you are aiming to be his FWB, of course. If you want to be a girlfriend, then you need to want to be treated like one.)

Why don't you just take a deep breath and ask him to the movies or to grab a pizza or something? It sounds like he likes you, but I have no idea if he wants to take it to the next level or not.

Oh jeez, here we go again. Just grow a pair of ovaries and make a move. You can waste years of your life over analyzing and wondering while he dates other girls, or you can face the risk of rejection and do something about your feelings.

Getting rejected will hurt for a couple of weeks, tops. Obsessing and never acting can hurt you for YEARS.

Make a move. NOW.

• Author

hahaha i love the grow a pair of ovaries bit! haha!

Well he spent the whole day with my family today n i saw him at dinner on my break from work! lol

I wud ask him tomorrow if i wanted to but the thing is he is literally like my best mate we spend sooooooo much time together i dont want to risk ruining it! If that makes sense?

O whats FWB??? lol

plus i made a move last nite haha went to his house n we were wtchin a film and guees wht i dddiiidddd lmao!!!!! got him to curl up on the settee wi me! lmao!!

Thanks for the help =]

but how do i make a move without it seemin completley outta da blue??? =s

xxx

Uhm, are you 14? :confused:

Call him on a Wednesday, ask him if he wants to have dinner with you on Friday evening. And voila, that's all there is to it. Friday evening = clearly a date. If he says yes, then congratulations, you've made the first step.

And something tells me he will say yes for sure.

FWB = Friends With Benefits.

If you just want to be his f*ck buddy or just mess around with him sexually, then go ahead and make a move without making a "date" boundary first.

He will treat you how you expect to be treated. If you show him it is ok to get some tongue action on the couch watching a movie, instead of taking you to the movies and a pizza, then he ain't going to step up to the boyfriend plate.

I AM sort of hoping you are 14 or so. I'd like to get hold of all the empty-headed young girls out there who think that hooking up with a man is the way to get him into a relationship, and teach them about some self-respect and some healthy ways to act in relationships!

• Author

no no nooo lol

im 19

haha i have never so much as held his hand because I dont want to be seen as a FWB... ive been there with others guys n i no it doesnt work! lol

We literally just sat on the settee n all i did was lean on him its not massive but little things like that seem a massive deal to him!!! im not used to it as every bf i have had has never so much as noticed the little things they have only ever seen blonde and boobs!!! haha

Im staying at his tonight but because his sister asked me so will see him tonight and he askd me to the movies tomorrow......im thinkin this is all good? =]

Thanks so much for the posts btw =]

xxx

I think the reason Prettybaby asked how old you are is because (sorry, but) you come over as being very immature and girly.

You don't write proper sentences, and use "text-speak" which drives a lot of us mad.

Maybe, if that's how you also talk to him, he just looks at you as "younger sister" material and just wants to be a buddy.

The fact that he comes back to you after his break-ups is not necessarily an indication that this could be a good relationship.

It means he looks upon you as a dependable constant.

You're there to talk to when the cr*p hits the fan.

• Author

yes i know sorry its force of habit! ill top with the text language! as for the seeming immature and girly..i wudnt disagree i can be very mature when helping other friends around me but when it comes to helping myself i cannot listen to my own advice! hence why i was asking everyone else to try and talk some sense in to me.

The whole thing with us is knowing wether he sees me as anything more than that best friend and before the weekend he spent at mine i never would have thought he saw me as anything more, but signs are mixed now and i really dont know what to make of it!

Like i have said i am seeing him this weekend and he has asked me to go out to the movies with him tomorrow nite which i said yes to .. now usually it is me and him and his sister or one of his younger friends (possibly as an excuse i dont know) but this time its just me and him and i dont know what to make of it, especailly after reading prettybabys post...

xx

All the little details and all the analyzing... all I hear is "blah blah blah" because none of it matters.

You were cuddling on the couch, that's perfect! Be bold. Turn your head to him, and when he looks at you, slowly move in, give him one soft kiss on the lips, and smile. Then go in for more.

At some point, SOMEBODY has to break the tension and cross that bridge. One of my friends told me that after a girl shows 3 signs of interest in me, she's ready to be kissed. I couldn't believe it. So I started the making the move earlier and earlier with different girls, and I never got shot down once.

This guy has given you WAAAY more than 3 signs of interest. Kiss him.