LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Girls: Would you date a guy who is a loner?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2009, 2:36 PM   #1
Established Member

Girls: Would you date a guy who is a loner?

Doesnt have many friends and likes to do things on his own but willing to try new things with you?

It doesnt seem like a girl would go for someone like me. There are so many guys out there that are better looking and have more fun that me. I have never had a girl really even like me before so thats probally where this is coming from...

Last edited by Brady_to_Moss; 25th January 2009 at 2:39 PM..
Brady_to_Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 2:54 PM   #2
Established Member

They would date anyone who is a man enough to demonstrate his value and personality, to fire up their emotions and passions and create incredible attraction!

That said, it doesn't really matter what else you do.
Surfer Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 2:58 PM   #3
Established Member

Journal Entries: 38
Can we just post this every Sunday?

Come on dude....you've gotten some real good advice from people who've walked in your shoes. It's up to you
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 3:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carhill View Post
Can we just post this every Sunday?
lol! He's kinda cute though, with all his one-liner threads and everything.

Yeah, I would date a loner. Less distractions.
Shygirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 3:36 PM   #5
Established Member

I definitely would, just because the guy doesn't have many friends or outgoing interest doesn't mean he's a loser and definitely doesn't mean we wouldn't have fun together. I actually tend to shy away from the really outgoing ones with packs of friends.
thegoodlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 4:11 PM   #6
Established Member

Journal Entries: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shygirl15 View Post
lol! He's kinda cute though, with all his one-liner threads and everything.

Yeah, I would date a loner. Less distractions.
LOL, it's just the mirror of my youth talking. Pay me no mind
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 5:04 PM   #7

Totally. My boyfriend is a very keep to himself type man, but he spoils me rotten and we have a lot of fun together.

My Ex was a social butterfly, who rarely had time for me. I'd much rather have a "loner" type boyfriend.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 5:08 PM   #8
Established Member

I prefer a loner also, especially since I am not terribly social. When too "loner" types get together, it can be very intense because they can really focus on each other, and can also understand a need for some alone time
citizen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 7:57 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_to_Moss View Post
Doesnt have many friends and likes to do things on his own but willing to try new things with you?

It doesnt seem like a girl would go for someone like me. There are so many guys out there that are better looking and have more fun that me. I have never had a girl really even like me before so thats probally where this is coming from...
Self-Confidence my dude. Its key. There's always going to be someone out there better than you at something. You have to be content with yourself before expecting anybody else to.
Old 25th January 2009, 8:02 PM   #10
Established Member

I would, I would much rather date a loner
than some party hopping, womanizing, 'popular' guy ..
but of course he must have some friends & a life
d0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 8:06 PM   #11
Established Member

I'm a loner but I'm an extrovert if that makes any sense?

I've got no problems striking up conversation, I get along with people, I'm friendly - but I'm a loner because people would rather play cards and watch t.v. alone rather than going kayaking or trying to form a band or something - so I get involved in communities rather than individual friends easier.
Old 26th January 2009, 2:05 AM   #12
Established Member

Yes, I would. My ex is one and it worked out pretty well. I tend to be kind of a homebody, so have no problem with a guy that tends to stick to himself. BUT...I would like somebody this time around that likes to get OUT and do stuff. I can sink into homebody on my own - I don't need somebody else to help me with that. LOL
SoulSearch_CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 7:51 AM   #13

I would. Perhaps it is because I am a "loner" myself. I actually am comfortable with myself and like myself. The people I have access to now, are friends, but we do not share some of the same interests, so I can either not do things I like, or do them alone...I do them alone. I am also an only child, so I am used to being "alone". I am wary of people who constantly need to surround themselves with others.

Best of luck.
savvy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 10:22 AM   #14

Women might say they would date a loner or even prefer one, they can't help but be attracted to to party-hopping popular womanizer type of guy with tons of buddies. They'll always go for him over the loner guy. This has nothing to do with the whole jerk vs. nice guy argument. The loner can be confident in himself and simply WANT to be more solitary instead of surrounding himself with people constantly. He will be viewed as a creep or as someone who can't get friends. One thing I've learned is women judge guys by who they're with. If a guy is usually seen with other women, it shows onlooking women that women are comfortable around the guy. If a guy is also around a lot of handsome guy friends, it shows women that the guy is part of a desirable group and has approval from his desirable male friends. He might even be the alpha-male of the group, if he's seen leading them in some way. If a guy is around other guys who have undesirable traits, women will assume that the one guy also shares those traits. If a guy is usually seen alone, women will assume he is just not likable, creepy, or has some major flaw that prevents him from surrounding himself with others.

That's what sucks about people's thinking in modern society. People assume that everyone has the desire to surround themselves with others. They never stop and think that maybe a guy just likes to be alone most of the time.
kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 10:43 AM   #15
Established Member

I would rather have a boyfriend who didn't have many friends. My boyfriend has very close friends and we have gotten into it regarding that.
Lauriebell82 is offline   Reply With Quote