2 Girls..

Beachead

So I met this girl (Lets call her Girl A) at work 2 months back. We began speaking a few weeks into work and hit it off. About 2 weeks after that, I decided to test some of the signs I was getting from her by asking her out. She said she'd get back to me but she never did. I also found out about her bf. So no..this didn't go over very well.

I backed off after that and gave myself space from her which lasted for about a week before she broke the silence and we began talking again. Since then it's been slowly patching up and now we're next to normal.

I get the feeling that she is the kind of girl that watches what she says around people and is overall..shy; maybe an introvert..I don't know. It is difficult to read her but nontheless..when she's not withdrawn, she's got a charming personality. She's quiet most of the time but since I'm an outgoing guy, I've managed to break past all that.

I can make her laugh with a little playful teasing..she teases back and I've noticed that everytime we both work the same day..we always end up crossing paths somehow even though I'm in the back of the store and she's at the front..each time she does..she'd be looking forward..but the moment I glance at her..she'd do the same and smile. There would be little inside jokes between us in the spur of the moment and we'd glance at eachother holding back laughter a lot of the time knowing what the other would be thinking.

I have also met this new girl (Girl B) who I've been getting to know the past few weeks and I know this girl likes me. She's a little jealous with Girl A and the only reason I picked up on this was because she seems to diss Girl A a lot in my presence. I always have a good time with her though and she's got a great personality. Real Sweet.

I've worked with both girls at the same time but I only flirt with Girl B because of Girl A having a boyfriend and not really having the decency to even get back to my invitation. (What else is a guy supposed to do except move on right?).

But I notice a few weird things about Girl A when I am in the company of Girl B...where I'd catch her staring at me and Girl B talking. She's caught me staring at Girl B and when we closed the store that night, she ignored me while we were walking out together..she wouldn't even say bye even though I was like next to her.. but Girl B did. There was also this one time where Girl A was chatting with me at the front..Girl B came along and interrupted the convo..so I started talking to B but then Girl A tells B to go check something in the office and then she gets back to joking with me.

I want to know..what the hell is the deal with Girl A? Is she shy? Does she like me? If she does then why did she blow me off? Is she out for attention? Or am I just imagining and overanalyzing this with her.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

- Beachead

F*ck them both. Girl A finds you more attractive when you are with other women. Guys call it "pre-selection", but women call it "jealousy" (which is different from jealousy as guys experience it, hence the quotes. Pre-selection is a much better term IMO.)

sounds like Girl A has a boyfriend and likes the attention from you. NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE.

Girl B: Sounds like you really are not interested in her because you want Girl A.

Sounds like you need to find someone who you are interested in and is single.

• Author

I'm planning on which girl to take it on with because next week I'm going to quit this..it isn't fair to the both of them. Girl B is single and I am interested in her. I am also interested in A but I want to know if her signs are legitimate. She has a bf and that's what's really eliminating her out of this.

Thing is..Girl A brought up that weekend where I asked her out on again..and how she was busy about a week later..just trying to justify it. Then later on in the conversation..she started bringing up how there was this event and nobody wanted to go with her..what about her bf? Then she starts looking at me without saying anything..I didn't say anything either..so she continues by saying she was thinking about taking her little cousin and presumed to ask me questioned about if I would do that also.

How's a guy supposed to take this plus all of the above into account when making a decision? What could that mean?