How can I meet more anxious but normal girls?

El Scorpio

Last year I dated this girl I met in a class I was taking, and for the first time in my life I met someone who was as odd as I am.. It's kinda funny, for years I been saying "if only I met someone who was like __,__,__" and those were all totally unrealistic things.. like, she doesn't have any friends yet is still cute and normal but just has weird issues like me!.. or "someone who actually wants some anti-social recluse like me!".. you know, cause I been struggling with finding someone who doesn't make me feel like s**t about myself for not being social enough, or outgoing, or somewhat socially awkward.

Those have been my biggest flaws that I could never get over, and dating, even making friends, was like lifelong struggle.. like something was just missing in my brain, I was suffering and suffering alone.

Anyway, things didn't work out with her, just due to normal circumstances. But as far as that aspect of it.. having someone so in tune with all my anxieties.. I don't think I'll find it again. It's so hard. I really want someone *normal*, yet has some kind of anxiety issues. That's a hard combination to find. But I feel like I need it. Nobody else will understand..

So how can I put myself in a place there's more people like this? I been getting into the art/design field, which I thought I'd meet tons, but actually most people, as artsy and eclectic as they are, aren't necessarily "anxious" or have those weird kind of social issues. I guess what I'm looking for more is that sort of "dark" kind.. like how those teenage girls used to have, but in an adult.. but not as intense. Like they learned to cope and appear normal, but go home alone every night because of anxiety..

This is crazy.

If you meet people with anxieties, you're looking for trouble.

What you should be doing is focussing on your anxieties, their source of origin, and looking to if not clear these, then certainly manage them.

Anxieties are corrosive and destructive.

looking for a person with anxieties is also damaging to you.

How about you try to open up a little and gradually get over your anxieties? Sure, it's no cake walk, but wouldn't the benefits of it be much greater than going through some tedious search to find a socially awkward girl? Someone with issues would probably equal a relationship with issues. I mean, no offense, but the first option seems much more productive and beneficial than the latter. Plus, your pool of potential girlfriends would be much much bigger.