third wheel???

davidny

I met this great girl a few weeks ago and we’re “taking it slow”, we agreed on being friends first and official partners when we are ready. We’ve both had are hearts broken in the recent past and don’t want to ruin this relationship as did with our exes. She tells me she really likes me, but her male best friend of the past 7-years or so is behaving all touchy feely with her (even around me).

I feel like the third-wheel when I’m around them, and when I confront her on the situation she tells me that she “feels nothing for him” and she feels that what he “is doing is very inappropriate”. But still to this day, she still lets him crawl his hand across her legs!!!

What should I do? I really like this girl and would hate to ruin the relationship we have now.

What should I do?

Don't ever agree to "friends first" ever again.

Not to be smug, mean, or anything, but I've never seen "friends first" work out the way people hope and think it will. Honest. The only time I've seen friends become lovers is when one or both sides are at a desperation point, where they're out of options and see one another as a possible "safe bet". Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

I know out there friends have become lovers, but I really have yet to see it happen. I personally think when I meet someone I'm interested in, I'll try to date them...not be pals for now and hope it grows. She can either reject/friendzone me and I'll move on, or date me. We can take it slow, but I don't bring the idea of "friends first" simply because as you can see, it opens things up for other guys to slither in and go straight to dating, as opposed to "friends first".