Have you ever turned psycho over somebody? aka how i turned into a creepy stalker...

shadowplay

Have you ever acted desperately, borderline creepy because you were infatuated with somebody? What's the farthest you've gone.

I'm concerned about myself. I was a total fool to this guy I was obsessed with for awhile and probably have creeped him out a great deal. I've stopped myself from continuing the humiliation but I'm ashamed of my behavior and not sure how it went as far as it did. OK, it's not like I stalked him or boiled his pet rabbit but I did send him a number of messages AFTER he rejected me, as if I couldn't take the hint. My best friend was horrified when he found out. He's worried that the guy will like freak out, send me something nasty and then I'll be devastated.

It's also weird because it's totally uncharacteristic of me. Usually I'm the opposite when faced with a rejection -- I just shrink back into oblivion. Actually, come to think of it this is the first time I've ever been totally rejected in my life by somebody, which may be why I reacted the way I did. I've never before put myself out there and been flat out rejected. I was semi-rejected once before but that was by a guy I didn't like as much and there was a good reason for the rejection -- he had started dating another girl I knew.

Why is it so hard for me to deal with rejection? Most people would just brush it off. The irony is that I voluntarily humiliated myself most to the person I most wanted to impress.

I'm over the guy, but still feel sore with shame.

I did it once, sent a guy an email saying I'd liked him AFTER he explictly rejected me. It was the only time I did something a bit creepy.

Funny thing is, I'm really REALLY glad we didn't date now. I am so over him, it's almost disturbing to think how much I liked him. Now that one was obviously infatuation.

• Author
I did it once, sent a guy an email saying I'd liked him AFTER he explictly rejected me. It was the only time I did something a bit creepy.

Funny thing is, I'm really REALLY glad we didn't date now. I am so over him, it's almost disturbing to think how much I liked him. Now that one was obviously infatuation.

I know -- I feel like this guy so isn't worth the obsession I had. Part of the regret is the realization that I gave a huge boost to his already inflated ego. I wish I could go back and tell him, "you know, you're really kind of lame and not worthy of my time." But obviously that's not possible.

What was his response to your email?

Have you ever acted desperately, borderline creepy because you were infatuated with somebody?

never, mainly cause there are too many women out there and everyone is replaceable...

thats probably one of the reasons most of my ex-gfs hate me

Women can get away with being creepy a lot more than guys can. When a girl puts in a lot of effort to get in contact with her old high school crush, for example, it's considered cute and thoughtful. If a guy did that, he'd be a labeled a stalker no doubt.

I've only obsessed over one girl, and it was my first crush in high school. I look back and I want to kick myself for being so creepy and stupid, though I did have serious balls. After two years of liking this girl in secret, I sent this girl flowers on her birthday. She pretty much ignored me. I mean, she said thanks but I could tell it was forced. Apparently I didn't get the hint and asked her out to homecoming 2 weeks later. I didn't have her cell phone so I just called her house number. I had to first answer to her dad, and then talk to her and get shot down hard. Then a few minutes later her dad called back to scold me and to tell me I'd better never get near his daughter again. I felt pretty ****ty. :( To top it off her friends all talked about it until the end of the year. That's okay though...I covered one of her friends' houses with milk via supersoaker on her new year's eve party, which I wasn't invited to. The white attracted the cops, who in turn busted her party. =p

I've vowed never to become infatuated with someone ever again.

Women can get away with being creepy a lot more than guys can. When a girl puts in a lot of effort to get in contact with her old high school crush, for example, it's considered cute and thoughtful. If a guy did that, he'd be a labeled a stalker no doubt.

I've only obsessed over one girl, and it was my first crush in high school. I look back and I want to kick myself for being so creepy and stupid, though I did have serious balls. After two years of liking this girl in secret, I sent this girl flowers on her birthday. She pretty much ignored me. I mean, she said thanks but I could tell it was forced. Apparently I didn't get the hint and asked her out to homecoming 2 weeks later. I didn't have her cell phone so I just called her house number. I had to first answer to her dad, and then talk to her and get shot down hard. Then a few minutes later her dad called back to scold me and to tell me I'd better never get near his daughter again. I felt pretty ****ty. :( To top it off her friends all talked about it until the end of the year. That's okay though...I covered one of her friends' houses with milk via supersoaker on her new year's eve party, which I wasn't invited to. The white attracted the cops, who in turn busted her party. =p

I've vowed never to become infatuated with someone ever again.

Wow Kashmir you hit back hard.

I hate high school crushes anyway, thank god I graduated.

When I think about most of my dates, I never got flat out rejected, they always ended up ignoring me. That's why I avoid getting together with anyone that appears flaky. I'm not stalkerish per se, but not getting an answer for why they decided not to date me hits me pretty hard, that I end up being depressed for the next two or three days. Then I bounce back. I've been known to cyberstalk their myspaces. But after a time I move on.

I admit sometimes I hate social networking.

I have to admit I tick out sometimes. I let my anger take over and it evolves into stalker moments. Haha... I have a few one of my most normal ones was with an ex from a couple years back. We were arguing cuz he stayed out at the bar much later than promised and left me sitting at home waiting. I thought F*** this I'm going to see what's really going on! I pulled into the parking lot just in time to see him walking out with his boys and get in his car.

I left and raced home and beat him there by 10 min if that. :lmao:

I sat on the couch in my jammies and he had no idea my crazy had just finished doing some midnite stalking! Ooh, I am so funny! There's more embarassing stalker moments as of late but those are more entertaining and embarrassing.

Hey,

Have you ever turned psycho over somebody? aka how i turned into a creepy stalker...

No, never.

I think most people have done something embarrassing in the name of love at some point or another. I don't think that guy will freak out or anything, especially since you left him alone now.

I have to admit I tick out sometimes. I let my anger take over and it evolves into stalker moments. Haha... I have a few one of my most normal ones was with an ex from a couple years back. We were arguing cuz he stayed out at the bar much later than promised and left me sitting at home waiting. I thought F*** this I'm going to see what's really going on! I pulled into the parking lot just in time to see him walking out with his boys and get in his car.

I left and raced home and beat him there by 10 min if that. :lmao:

I sat on the couch in my jammies and he had no idea my crazy had just finished doing some midnite stalking! Ooh, I am so funny! There's more embarassing stalker moments as of late but those are more entertaining and embarrassing.

lol MB that's a little crazy. I remember I had a crush back in high school, and for some unknown reason, I forced my friend along with me in following him home. Thinking about it now, I don't exactly know what I had been thinking, but I was 17 at the time.

SoulSearch_CO

Yes...I was stupid in HS. I really, really liked this guy. Had been out on one date with me and we did like each other. He flirted with me at work in front of customers - they thought it was cute. He had a psycho ex that made him stay away from any and all females to include me. I drove by his house a couple times...not trying to catch him at anything - I just wanted to be "near" him. :rolleyes: Holy moly. LOL

It was 10 years ago! I've grown up.

geez...so I'm the only one having crazy stalker moments post high school :o

haha! Hmm, guess I'll hold off on telling what else my lil crazy self has done!

:laugh:

Wow, I think it's the exact opposite. Look at movies: Guys are "cute" for persuing women who've said no thanks, singing to them in public, staging big displays, etc, whereas women are "clingy"