all stressed up and no one to choke

hi, i have a problem that im not sure if it is a problem or am i just abnormal? i met this guy about ayear ago and i throughly enjoy his company but there is one problem. he enjoys doing alot of different things that i do not really enjoy myself. here is an example: at the moment i am sitting in a resort in Vail, Colorado, so who would complain right? well i am complaining because i have not been having a very good time. the view is spectacular, the room is beautiful, i have enjoy a massage, a facial, in-room service and other many wonderful things about this place.

i am having fun but at the cost of my nerves because i have so much anxiety doing certain things and being away from home is one of them. i had agoraphobia in the past but that was years ago, i still get anxiety attacks in certain mostly new situations and this whole trip has been causing me one after another. i take medication as needed for the anxiety but i try my hardest just to deal with it so i do not have to take the medication.

well back to this guy; he is sweet, kind, loving, gentle, stable, has a wonderful family, great job, is professional, has some temper issues on the negative side but other then that he is quite a great person. yet i wonder how long i can play this game of enjoying all these trips he has been taking me on.

later this summer he wants to take me to california and disney land and las vegas, i have no desire to go to any of these places and i dont know what to do. i feel like if i stay with him i will end up cramping his life style and i do not want to snuff the life breath out of him and ending our relationship before it goes on much longer seems the only option.

i have experienced some very wonderful things with him, things i would of never in my life time seen or places i would of never in my life time gone on my own. in some sense he has drawn me out of my safety cocoon, i am just not very sure that i want to be drawn out any further because of the emotional upheaval i have to go to do it.

if anyone has any advice for me i would be eternally greatful,but for now i have to run off for my facial before we leave this wonderful spectacular beautiful breathtaking place.

I totally understand your problem. It's very difficult to tell somebody you love the full story of your anxiety for fear they won't understand the problem and/or they will reject you because of it. Those are possibilities.

You will know better than me if your guy will have an understanding of what you are going through and love you enough to either go on these distant outings by himself or take his vacations closer to home. Of course, he may be enough of a jerk to just say forget it. That's a chance you have to take but ultimately you're going to have to come clean with him.

A person with these types of panic, phobia and anxiety reactions must have a partner who not only fully understands what is going on but one who will be supportive and helpful in getting you through these episodes.

You should be very proud of yourself that you have taken this trip. A lot of people who have even a touch of agoraphobia would not have dared to venture the trip you have taken. Give yourself a lot of credit. I know you have been on edge, a bit short of breath, feeling on the verge of panic at times...but you won't die of a panic attack and they don't last long. Believe it or not, you will feel a lot more at ease when you get home because of the desensitization you have undergone on this trip. Be sure to take some nice deep, slow breaths often...this will go a long way to help you feel better. Often, the way you breath has a lot of influence on panic and phobia disorders. Many who breath fast and shallow have these problems.

A lot of your anxiety now stems from your fear that you may have a full blown panic episode and your guy may not understand what is happening, may not want to deal with it, may think you are a little bananas, or may reject you because of it. That’s why you need to sit with him and talk this out. Explain in detail the history of your anxiety and the circumstances of when and how it surfaced. Don’t stop talking until he has asked questions and fully understands. That will go a long way to helping you feel better.

While these trips are extremely helpful in the treatment of your anxiety, they are difficult to go through given your guy is not totally aware of how you feel.

After you talk to him, if he decides he loves you enough to help you work through this, suggest trips that systematically and gradually challenge you. Start by going for a weekend somewhere very near your town…and work out from there.

Also, I urge you to see a physician about some of the newest drugs and combinations of to help check panic attacks. Klonopin, accompanied by a mild anti-depressant, is excellent for helping you feel more normal. Paxil, an anxiety and anti-depressant medication, has been found to completely eliminate panic and anxiety in many people. Give the medication a chance to work on that brain chemistry imbalance that’s influencing your discomfort.

Meanwhile, have a safe trip home. Nothing’s going to happen to you. You’ll be just fine. Once you have disclosed this problem to your boyfriend, you will be greatly relieved. If he’s not able to understand or not willing to help you work through this, he’s not worth having…plain and simple.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, take deep, slow breaths, and relax. Nothing is going to happen to you. One day you will feel normal again, a feeling you haven’t known for years. It will be nice and so many more doors will be opened to you.

You’ll also feel a lot better when you totally disclose your problem to your guy and help him try to understand how you feel. People who have never experienced panic, phobias, etc., often try but do not fully understand but if he’s willing to try, that’s a good start.

I also don’t think you should subject yourself to these kinds of rigors again until you’re ready. The technique I described above, gradually moving outward from your place of safety, works best for most people. And don’t forget to explore the possibility of new medication.

Get better soon!!!

What a lifestyle! For someone with anxiety this could be hell though, I understand. You need to speak with him about your anxiety problems. Hopefully he will understand what is going on, and will be able to accomodate to your needs. Remember, if he loves you, he will do this for you. Don't automatically assume that you will be causing him trouble by doing this.

Explain your problems to him when he has time to really listen to them. If he is doing all that for you, then he obviously cares about you. I'm pretty sure that he will adhere to your anxiety problems.

hi, i have a problem that im not sure if it is a problem or am i just abnormal? i met this guy about ayear ago and i throughly enjoy his company but there is one problem. he enjoys doing alot of different things that i do not really enjoy myself. here is an example: at the moment i am sitting in a resort in Vail, Colorado, so who would complain right? well i am complaining because i have not been having a very good time. the view is spectacular, the room is beautiful, i have enjoy a massage, a facial, in-room service and other many wonderful things about this place.

i am having fun but at the cost of my nerves because i have so much anxiety doing certain things and being away from home is one of them. i had agoraphobia in the past but that was years ago, i still get anxiety attacks in certain mostly new situations and this whole trip has been causing me one after another. i take medication as needed for the anxiety but i try my hardest just to deal with it so i do not have to take the medication.

well back to this guy; he is sweet, kind, loving, gentle, stable, has a wonderful family, great job, is professional, has some temper issues on the negative side but other then that he is quite a great person. yet i wonder how long i can play this game of enjoying all these trips he has been taking me on. later this summer he wants to take me to california and disney land and las vegas, i have no desire to go to any of these places and i dont know what to do. i feel like if i stay with him i will end up cramping his life style and i do not want to snuff the life breath out of him and ending our relationship before it goes on much longer seems the only option. i have experienced some very wonderful things with him, things i would of never in my life time seen or places i would of never in my life time gone on my own. in some sense he has drawn me out of my safety cocoon, i am just not very sure that i want to be drawn out any further because of the emotional upheaval i have to go to do it.

if anyone has any advice for me i would be eternally greatful,but for now i have to run off for my facial before we leave this wonderful spectacular beautiful breathtaking place.

Let me get this straight. Your boyfriend takes you on fabulous trips, pays for everything, is sweet, warm, caring and you also get facials? You are having a problem with this? This is either a joke, or you are a spoiled brat. Please don't take this wrong, but you either need serious counseling or to find a man that treats you like sh.. so that you can appreciate him. If you decide that you cannot tolerate all his "behavior" please send him my way. Good luck!

I totally understand your problem. It's very difficult to tell somebody you love the full story of your anxiety for fear they won't understand the problem and/or they will reject you because of it. Those are possibilities. You will know better than me if your guy will have an understanding of what you are going through and love you enough to either go on these distant outings by himself or take his vacations closer to home. Of course, he may be enough of a jerk to just say forget it. That's a chance you have to take but ultimately you're going to have to come clean with him. A person with these types of panic, phobia and anxiety reactions must have a partner who not only fully understands what is going on but one who will be supportive and helpful in getting you through these episodes. You should be very proud of yourself that you have taken this trip. A lot of people who have even a touch of agoraphobia would not have dared to venture the trip you have taken. Give yourself a lot of credit. I know you have been on edge, a bit short of breath, feeling on the verge of panic at times...but you won't die of a panic attack and they don't last long. Believe it or not, you will feel a lot more at ease when you get home because of the desensitization you have undergone on this trip. Be sure to take some nice deep, slow breaths often...this will go a long way to help you feel better. Often, the way you breath has a lot of influence on panic and phobia disorders. Many who breath fast and shallow have these problems. A lot of your anxiety now stems from your fear that you may have a full blown panic episode and your guy may not understand what is happening, may not want to deal with it, may think you are a little bananas, or may reject you because of it. That’s why you need to sit with him and talk this out. Explain in detail the history of your anxiety and the circumstances of when and how it surfaced. Don’t stop talking until he has asked questions and fully understands. That will go a long way to helping you feel better. While these trips are extremely helpful in the treatment of your anxiety, they are difficult to go through given your guy is not totally aware of how you feel. After you talk to him, if he decides he loves you enough to help you work through this, suggest trips that systematically and gradually challenge you. Start by going for a weekend somewhere very near your town…and work out from there. Also, I urge you to see a physician about some of the newest drugs and combinations of to help check panic attacks. Klonopin, accompanied by a mild anti-depressant, is excellent for helping you feel more normal. Paxil, an anxiety and anti-depressant medication, has been found to completely eliminate panic and anxiety in many people. Give the medication a chance to work on that brain chemistry imbalance that’s influencing your discomfort. Meanwhile, have a safe trip home. Nothing’s going to happen to you. You’ll be just fine. Once you have disclosed this problem to your boyfriend, you will be greatly relieved. If he’s not able to understand or not willing to help you work through this, he’s not worth having…plain and simple. Enjoy the rest of your trip, take deep, slow breaths, and relax. Nothing is going to happen to you. One day you will feel normal again, a feeling you haven’t known for years. It will be nice and so many more doors will be opened to you. You’ll also feel a lot better when you totally disclose your problem to your guy and help him try to understand how you feel. People who have never experienced panic, phobias, etc., often try but do not fully understand but if he’s willing to try, that’s a good start. I also don’t think you should subject yourself to these kinds of rigors again until you’re ready. The technique I described above, gradually moving outward from your place of safety, works best for most people. And don’t forget to explore the possibility of new medication. Get better soon!!!

This lady has serious anxiety problems which you will hopefully never understand first hand. But rather than write this sort of post to her, try to force yourself to have a little empathy and compassion. Maybe if you ever become debilitated or incapacitated in some way, people will the show you the same courtesy.

What you have written is way out of line. This lady posted here because she is suffering and not because she is having a great time. She didn't come here to be put down. I am personally embarrassed to read what you have written about someone with such a serious problem.

She has forced herself under great effort to go on this trip and you will never understand (hopefully, for your sake) the horror of a person suffering this disorder having to make the incredible effort and the bravery required to keep going on a trip of this kind. She has probably been rejected by many people because of her disorder and she doesn't need the same thing here...where she has come for help! What she has is a nightmare that keeps on going...that never stops. The suffering is continuous. I know people with this problem and it is devastating. Right now she is dealing with it with great courage and progressing well.

Go to www.google.com and enter: agoraphobia in the search field. Go and read about this problem. Having it is like hell on earth.

After you read about agoraphobia and panic attacks and the suffering people have to endure, post a request for your above post to be deleted and I'm sure that will be gladly honored.

Putting somebody down for having panic disorder and agoraphobia is like making fun of somebody in a wheelchair. I hope that you will take the time to educate yourself about this serious problem. And thank God each minute of your life that you don't, as of yet anyway, have this kind of problem

And to answer the question in your post above, you don't have anything straight at all.

julie, angel generally gives very good advice, but i wanted to tell you that i normally dont give advice here cause i dont feel compenent enough to but on this subject i have to say something!

about two years ago i developed severe hypoglycemia while on a trip home that was an 16 hour drive, the trip was extremely stressful and while it was done and over with the stress of it was still affecting me.

this set up a domino effect of developing anxiety, agoraphobia and my dr. thinks it also caused early menopause, though it runs in my family anyway.

anyway, i suffered debiliating anxiety to the point that i would not could not leave my house unless someone drove me somewhere.

i got to the point too that i didnt want to go anywhere, too terrified that i would get an anxiety attack and so home became my total comfort zone.

my dr. prescribed anti-depressants of all types to help me but they only helped somewhat, it wasnt even until i was diagnosed with hypothyroid and menopause that i could relate the anxiety to that and the hypoglycemia.

my point is that there could be medical reasons for your anxiety, though i'm sure you've been down that road to find out a cause for them.

i can truly relate of the devastaion and fear these can reak on one's life and family and social life. your guy sounds pretty good and hopefully you can talk to him and tell him what is going on.

i am a home body by nature and my guy likes to do alot of things too but i would rather stay home, he is so good at accomodating me most of the time that i find it only fair to do the same in return though from the anxiety i suffered two years ago i still find it very hard to get going to do certain things but you do need to keep working on it as tony said too.

i wish you luck, truly i do, if your guy is that great then i hope you can work things out rather then having to leave him, though i know the stress it puts on you trying to keep up when all you really want is the comfort and safety of your own little home.

Let me get this straight. Your boyfriend takes you on fabulous trips, pays for everything, is sweet, warm, caring and you also get facials? You are having a problem with this? This is either a joke, or you are a spoiled brat. Please don't take this wrong, but you either need serious counseling or to find a man that treats you like sh.. so that you can appreciate him. If you decide that you cannot tolerate all his "behavior" please send him my way. Good luck!

Some good thoughts expressed in your post above.

There are a number of medical problems that can cause anxiety, phobias and panic problems. Some of them are hypoglycemia, as you said, but this is rather rare. Its opposite, diabetes, can also have this effect. Also hyperthyroidism, a disease of the thyroid; mitral valve prolapse; atrial tachycardia; disease of the pancreas; food allergies and a number of other medical problems can mimic panic disorder.

I assume that this lady has been to a good physician who has given her the proper tests to eliminate any of these causes. A glucose tolerance test (GTT) can usually detect low blood sugar and you are very right, it can really knock you off your feet.

Usually, a person can control these feelings to some extent through medication, exercise, proper diet, and avoidance of stimulants like caffeine (colas, etc.) and monosodium glutamate (MSG). A great many cases have been totally cured when the person has learned to avoid MSG which is contained in many foods and called other things besides MSG.

I really do appreciate you bringing this up in your post.

It's so hard for me to believe that any human being would put somebody down for having a problem like this. Yikes, I am terrified of the "new world order."

Stop the world, I want to get off!!!

tony, while im sure julie has had tests done to find out what is causing the panic/anxiety attacks, i was stating that when i was hypothyroid and i didnt know it at the time and being hypothyroid supposedly was causing the hypoglycemia, and once treated for the thyroid the hypoglycemia was suppose to go away but it never really did.

also it is uncommon to get hypoglycemia from hypothyroid but some of us unfortunately do.

i also have mitral valve prolapse, and while my thyroid meds and estrogen levels are now optimized, i sitll have hypoglycemia which causes such bad anxiety that i would not want to veer too far from home either.

but your more then likely right that she has had tests to find causes for the anxiety, once the tests are all through and things check out find, it is hard to feel like it all falls on you now to fix things. it's either medication or exposure therapy or a combination.

not to switch things from julie to myself, but i wanted to add that i had mvp for years and never had anxiety until the thyroid/meno thingy came up.

i hope julie can find some comfort in her trials, and not have to live such a sheltered life as i did for a while, that is so sad to go through!

Some good thoughts expressed in your post above. There are a number of medical problems that can cause anxiety, phobias and panic problems. Some of them are hypoglycemia, as you said, but this is rather rare. Its opposite, diabetes, can also have this effect. Also hyperthyroidism, a disease of the thyroid; mitral valve prolapse; atrial tachycardia; disease of the pancreas; food allergies and a number of other medical problems can mimic panic disorder. I assume that this lady has been to a good physician who has given her the proper tests to eliminate any of these causes. A glucose tolerance test (GTT) can usually detect low blood sugar and you are very right, it can really knock you off your feet. Usually, a person can control these feelings to some extent through medication, exercise, proper diet, and avoidance of stimulants like caffeine (colas, etc.) and monosodium glutamate (MSG). A great many cases have been totally cured when the person has learned to avoid MSG which is contained in many foods and called other things besides MSG. I really do appreciate you bringing this up in your post. It's so hard for me to believe that any human being would put somebody down for having a problem like this. Yikes, I am terrified of the "new world order." Stop the world, I want to get off!!!

stop the world and let me off get it off my shoulders, say the things you use to say and make the world go away....

one of my alllll time fave's along with jim reeves, hank williams, johnny horton, marty robbins....etc..etc...

tony, while im sure julie has had tests done to find out what is causing the panic/anxiety attacks, i was stating that when i was hypothyroid and i didnt know it at the time and being hypothyroid supposedly was causing the hypoglycemia, and once treated for the thyroid the hypoglycemia was suppose to go away but it never really did. also it is uncommon to get hypoglycemia from hypothyroid but some of us unfortunately do. i also have mitral valve prolapse, and while my thyroid meds and estrogen levels are now optimized, i sitll have hypoglycemia which causes such bad anxiety that i would not want to veer too far from home either. but your more then likely right that she has had tests to find causes for the anxiety, once the tests are all through and things check out find, it is hard to feel like it all falls on you now to fix things. it's either medication or exposure therapy or a combination. not to switch things from julie to myself, but i wanted to add that i had mvp for years and never had anxiety until the thyroid/meno thingy came up. i hope julie can find some comfort in her trials, and not have to live such a sheltered life as i did for a while, that is so sad to go through!

Julie,

I am sure you have already discussed your medical problems with your partner, am I correct? I know it is a difficult situation to understand for those of us who do not suffer from this illness. Many of the women who post to this forum, who are both physically and mentally abused, can only dream of finding a man such as yours. We all perceive the world from our own unique perspectives according to our individual experiences and understanding. So please do not react harshly (like others on this board) to those who might consider you "lucky."

My own personal advice (although I do not profess to be a professional like others) is to keep your wonderful man and continue to work on your phobias. I say this assuming only that he is already aware of them.

I am sure that if you are "cramping his lifestyle" the topic will eventually come up. Until then, do what you are able to do and continue to follow your doctor's advice. Perhaps fate has brought this man into your life as an opportunity to work through your problems. Where else, and with whom else, would you be able to stretch your wings and experience all of the wonderful things life has to offer? And eventually, if God willing, this fantastic opportunity may afford you the chance you need to heal. Just remind your partner that she shouldn't try to push you too hard.

Don't live in fear of what might lye in the future. As you already know, fear is the greatest of oppressors. It is the only thing that stands between us and LIFE. As hard as it may be, just try to take each day as it comes and count its blessings rather than its misfortunes.

And enjoy that facial!...I too am envious! ;)

well back to this guy; he is sweet, kind, loving, gentle, stable, has a wonderful family, great job, is professional, has some temper issues on the negative side but other then that he is quite a great person. yet i wonder how long i can play this game of enjoying all these trips he has been taking me on. later this summer he wants to take me to california and disney land and las vegas, i have no desire to go to any of these places and i dont know what to do. i feel like if i stay with him i will end up cramping his life style and i do not want to snuff the life breath out of him and ending our relationship before it goes on much longer seems the only option. i have experienced some very wonderful things with him, things i would of never in my life time seen or places i would of never in my life time gone on my own. in some sense he has drawn me out of my safety cocoon, i am just not very sure that i want to be drawn out any further because of the emotional upheaval i have to go to do it.

you have hypoglycemia that causes such bad anxiety that you can't leave home? um, well, hypoglycemia is just a fancy word for low blood sugar. to combat low blood sugar, you eat something to raise your low sugar level. or you see a dietician or nutritionist who can help you figure out what kind of hypoglycemic diet you should be on and what kinds of snacks or meals you should consume if your blood sugar level dips low. you make it sound like your blood sugar level is constantly low. if that was the case, you'd be pushing up daisies. most people in my family are hypoglycemic, from ages 43 up to 83 and they control it very nicely by diet. seems like you're just making lame excuses for not leaving your house. again.

tony, while im sure julie has had tests done to find out what is causing the panic/anxiety attacks, i was stating that when i was hypothyroid and i didnt know it at the time and being hypothyroid supposedly was causing the hypoglycemia, and once treated for the thyroid the hypoglycemia was suppose to go away but it never really did. also it is uncommon to get hypoglycemia from hypothyroid but some of us unfortunately do. i also have mitral valve prolapse, and while my thyroid meds and estrogen levels are now optimized, i sitll have hypoglycemia which causes such bad anxiety that i would not want to veer too far from home either. but your more then likely right that she has had tests to find causes for the anxiety, once the tests are all through and things check out find, it is hard to feel like it all falls on you now to fix things. it's either medication or exposure therapy or a combination. not to switch things from julie to myself, but i wanted to add that i had mvp for years and never had anxiety until the thyroid/meno thingy came up. i hope julie can find some comfort in her trials, and not have to live such a sheltered life as i did for a while, that is so sad to go through!

noooooo.....

you misunderstood me! what i said is that before i was diagnosed with hypothyroid i was having bad anxiety attacks from the hypoglycemia, which my dr. said i dont have hypoglycemia because my glucose test only went down to 68 while symptomatic yet i could not stay and finish the test for another two hours because the anxiety of it was too unbearable.

so i was told i didnt have hypoglycemia because of the blood tests yet i had alllll the symptoms...talk about confusing.

then i was finally diagnosed with hypothyroid and told the hypoglycemia would go away once the thyroid was treated, but it never really went completely, i still get bouts of it.

there are days when i can go 3-5 hours without eating then there are days when i have to eat something every hour and am filled with anxiety, those are the days i cannot leave my home, i do not feel safe driving, i dont feel safe being alone either.

i eat pretty healthy most of the time, but once in a while indulge in a goodie but not too often because this triggers it too.

so maybe i didnt make myself clear, hope this clears it up. as for your whole family having it and doing good, that is great, i wish i was too, but just some days it is good and other days it is horrible and i cant figure out a pattern to any of it.

because of the extent that i had it before a couple years ago, i literally shook and had some very bad anxiety attacks where i thought i was going to go crazy, since then when i do get hungry i still live with that fear and if i dont have something with me to eat now i start to get scared because of the past, it reminds me of that horrible anxiety i had then.

i hope this clears things up, didnt mean to confuse things even more since this was about the other poster, julie, not me anyway. thanx

you have hypoglycemia that causes such bad anxiety that you can't leave home? um, well, hypoglycemia is just a fancy word for low blood sugar. to combat low blood sugar, you eat something to raise your low sugar level. or you see a dietician or nutritionist who can help you figure out what kind of hypoglycemic diet you should be on and what kinds of snacks or meals you should consume if your blood sugar level dips low. you make it sound like your blood sugar level is constantly low. if that was the case, you'd be pushing up daisies. most people in my family are hypoglycemic, from ages 43 up to 83 and they control it very nicely by diet. seems like you're just making lame excuses for not leaving your house. again.

first you say you have hypoglycemia, then you say you had the bloodtest that confirmed you didn't but that you still had the symptoms of it (even though it was confirmed you don't and a glucose tolerance test is accurate) and that the anxiety of having it prevented you from staying to complete the entire test. now you say you sometimes have to eat each hour because of the hypoglycemia induced anxiety. but you were found not to have hypoglycemia? first of all i've never heard of anyone with hypoglycemia having all these anxiety attacks and anxious episodes like you have; such that it prevents you from leaving your home. sounds psychosomatic to me. my aunts, mom and grandma have hypoglycemia (which you were found not to have anyway) and they are happy, carefree, sociable, outgoing women who simply have to eat a balanced diet. sounds like you're preoccupied with your health and didn't you admit to spending hours on the computer doing research on your health problems? hypochondriac? maybe you create your own anxiety so that you can just stay inside and not get out in the world (work, socialize). you seeing a psychiatrist?

noooooo..... you misunderstood me! what i said is that before i was diagnosed with hypothyroid i was having bad anxiety attacks from the hypoglycemia, which my dr. said i dont have hypoglycemia because my glucose test only went down to 68 while symptomatic yet i could not stay and finish the test for another two hours because the anxiety of it was too unbearable.

so i was told i didnt have hypoglycemia because of the blood tests yet i had alllll the symptoms...talk about confusing. then i was finally diagnosed with hypothyroid and told the hypoglycemia would go away once the thyroid was treated, but it never really went completely, i still get bouts of it. there are days when i can go 3-5 hours without eating then there are days when i have to eat something every hour and am filled with anxiety, those are the days i cannot leave my home, i do not feel safe driving, i dont feel safe being alone either. i eat pretty healthy most of the time, but once in a while indulge in a goodie but not too often because this triggers it too. so maybe i didnt make myself clear, hope this clears it up. as for your whole family having it and doing good, that is great, i wish i was too, but just some days it is good and other days it is horrible and i cant figure out a pattern to any of it. because of the extent that i had it before a couple years ago, i literally shook and had some very bad anxiety attacks where i thought i was going to go crazy, since then when i do get hungry i still live with that fear and if i dont have something with me to eat now i start to get scared because of the past, it reminds me of that horrible anxiety i had then. i hope this clears things up, didnt mean to confuse things even more since this was about the other poster, julie, not me anyway. thanx

First of all, I apologize if I said something of which I know not of. I am not a pyschologist, I mean not harm; only to help. We are lay people on this forum and as such, will have differing opinions and different way to approach the situations at hand. It is up to the individual to decide which advice is best suited to their needs. I am a mature woman, with life experiences ONLY. I only try to be helpful.

You stated that you used to be agoraphobic (many years ago) and that you still get panic attacks when you are away from home--but that you enjoy your new relationship. He offers you experiences that without him you would never have. He sounds like a wonderful partner and you are a very lucky lady to have him in your life. Your last sentence did not sound like you were suffering too much: "but for now I have to run off and get my facial..." I have never suffered from anxiety attacks so I cannot relate to this, but it sounds like you are working on it---you have medication and seem to be enjoying yourself--even though it is difficult at times. My whole point is: count your blessings. It was meant as a little tough love, not sarcastic criticism. And I sincerely wish you luck with your man and your situation. Try to enjoy, many women would love to be in your shoes.

If I offended anyone, my sincerest apologies.

This lady has serious anxiety problems which you will hopefully never understand first hand. But rather than write this sort of post to her, try to force yourself to have a little empathy and compassion. Maybe if you ever become debilitated or incapacitated in some way, people will the show you the same courtesy. What you have written is way out of line. This lady posted here because she is suffering and not because she is having a great time. She didn't come here to be put down. I am personally embarrassed to read what you have written about someone with such a serious problem. She has forced herself under great effort to go on this trip and you will never understand (hopefully, for your sake) the horror of a person suffering this disorder having to make the incredible effort and the bravery required to keep going on a trip of this kind. She has probably been rejected by many people because of her disorder and she doesn't need the same thing here...where she has come for help! What she has is a nightmare that keeps on going...that never stops. The suffering is continuous. I know people with this problem and it is devastating. Right now she is dealing with it with great courage and progressing well.

Go to www.google.com and enter: agoraphobia in the search field. Go and read about this problem. Having it is like hell on earth. After you read about agoraphobia and panic attacks and the suffering people have to endure, post a request for your above post to be deleted and I'm sure that will be gladly honored. Putting somebody down for having panic disorder and agoraphobia is like making fun of somebody in a wheelchair. I hope that you will take the time to educate yourself about this serious problem. And thank God each minute of your life that you don't, as of yet anyway, have this kind of problem

And to answer the question in your post above, you don't have anything straight at all.

you know it's just really a very long story and i dont need a psychatrist (sp) and dispite the results saying i dont have it my dr. said it is reactive hypoglycemia but my other dr. said it is not.

there is great debate on the glucose test because of some curve, that if you miss it you can lose the right results, and that the blood draw should be done every half hour.

my lowest score was a 68, now alot of dr.'s will think that that is low to qualify for hypoglycemia but others dont, so who know's.

the research i have been doing is for menopause and tinnitus, i've had tinnitus for about four non-stops months now and it is driving me crazy!

i do work part time due to health problems from two years ago that have drained me emotionally and physically, still i try and that is good.

if you've never had anxiety attacks then you have no clue as to what i'm talking about, if you have then you should know how awful they can be and how they can keep you locked up in your home.

i dont have them like i use to still i get them, and they are mostly hunger related..when i get too hungry i get anxiety, unsteadiness, cluminess, fuzzyheaded and cranky, all classic hypoglycemia symptoms still because my tests says i dont have it so does my main dr.

i say i do because i get symptomatic but all the time, as long as i eat every few hours then i too am happy and fine, but still at times, i have days when i just cant seem to get enough to eat no matter how many times i eat, i could eat every hour on the hour and still be hungry.

my daughter who is 20 also has this problem and her tests were also "normal" like mine, so maybe it is something else in the family that we have not found yet.

still trying to figure that one out!

first you say you have hypoglycemia, then you say you had the bloodtest that confirmed you didn't but that you still had the symptoms of it (even though it was confirmed you don't and a glucose tolerance test is accurate) and that the anxiety of having it prevented you from staying to complete the entire test. now you say you sometimes have to eat each hour because of the hypoglycemia induced anxiety. but you were found not to have hypoglycemia? first of all i've never heard of anyone with hypoglycemia having all these anxiety attacks and anxious episodes like you have; such that it prevents you from leaving your home. sounds psychosomatic to me. my aunts, mom and grandma have hypoglycemia (which you were found not to have anyway) and they are happy, carefree, sociable, outgoing women who simply have to eat a balanced diet. sounds like you're preoccupied with your health and didn't you admit to spending hours on the computer doing research on your health problems? hypochondriac? maybe you create your own anxiety so that you can just stay inside and not get out in the world (work, socialize). you seeing a psychiatrist?

If you are referring to me, that I am not a human being because of my opinion, then you are no gentleman. You need to learn some manners.

I have never said or written anywhere or at anytime that somebody was not a human being because of their opinion. Find that statement anywhere above and I will send you $1,000,000.

If you don't find it, I would simply ask that you take a reading comprehension course.

Deal?

Sunday, April 21st to Crystal. No need for further insults from you.

I have never said or written anywhere or at anytime that somebody was not a human being because of their opinion. Find that statement anywhere above and I will send you $1,000,000.

If you don't find it, I would simply ask that you take a reading comprehension course.

Deal?

This is the exact sentence, copied and pasted from my post that you sited:

"It's so hard for me to believe that any human being would put somebody down for having a problem like this. Yikes, I am terrified of the "new world order.""

Now where does it say that I don't think you are a human being for your opinion or because you have this opinion???

What country are you from? Maybe this is just a problem of understanding. I will try to word my posts in more basic English so they are not easily misunderstood. I know we have a lot of visitors in this forum who are not from the U.S.

What I said in what I quoted above from my earlier post to Crystal was that it is very difficult for me to understand why any human being, or inhabitant of a supposedly civilized planet, would put somebody down...or belittle them...or degrade them...or make fun of them...for having a serious phobia problem and nervous disorder. This person was having a real serious problem or she would not have posted this problem here. She may be on a wonderful trip but people with nervous disorders go through pure hell, whether they are on a pleasure trip or walking around the block.

Now that's my problem, not yours. In no way did I even imply that you were not human. I am extremely sorry if you took it that way. I just said that I am not smart enough and do not have the capability of understanding why another person would do this. It has not reflection on you whatsoever. It deals simply with my own personal shortcomings and stupidity.

You are entitled to your opinions, any opinions you want to have. It is MY problem if I don't understand them.

You're OK!!!

It is unfortunate that you choose to be upset or insulted or whatever. That's not a cool choice of feelings.

It is also wild that it took you a few days to decide that you were insulted. Some wild things have taken place on this board lately!!!

I hadn't read that particular post before yesterday----anyway; I don't think it is good to linger on stuff like this---so let's just forget it. I enjoy your advice and find it helpful and useful. I try to do the same--that's all. It's cool.

This is the exact sentence, copied and pasted from my post that you sited: "It's so hard for me to believe that any human being would put somebody down for having a problem like this. Yikes, I am terrified of the "new world order."" Now where does it say that I don't think you are a human being for your opinion or because you have this opinion??? What country are you from? Maybe this is just a problem of understanding. I will try to word my posts in more basic English so they are not easily misunderstood. I know we have a lot of visitors in this forum who are not from the U.S. What I said in what I quoted above from my earlier post to Crystal was that it is very difficult for me to understand why any human being, or inhabitant of a supposedly civilized planet, would put somebody down...or belittle them...or degrade them...or make fun of them...for having a serious phobia problem and nervous disorder. This person was having a real serious problem or she would not have posted this problem here. She may be on a wonderful trip but people with nervous disorders go through pure hell, whether they are on a pleasure trip or walking around the block. Now that's my problem, not yours. In no way did I even imply that you were not human. I am extremely sorry if you took it that way. I just said that I am not smart enough and do not have the capability of understanding why another person would do this. It has not reflection on you whatsoever. It deals simply with my own personal shortcomings and stupidity. You are entitled to your opinions, any opinions you want to have. It is MY problem if I don't understand them. You're OK!!! It is unfortunate that you choose to be upset or insulted or whatever. That's not a cool choice of feelings. It is also wild that it took you a few days to decide that you were insulted. Some wild things have taken place on this board lately!!!