date or what?

i work at hooters part time and the other night this new girl started and i couldnt keep my eyes off her. we ended up talking for about half an hour after work, she was very flirty and we talked like we had known each other for years. she told me that she didnt want a boyfriend but she still gave me her number. we were supposed to go out for a few beers the next day but she got called into work and had to cancel. we made plans for dinner and a movie tonight. my question is this, if she doesnt want a boyfriend would that make this a friendly outing or should i treat this as a date?

Almost every single lady wants a boyfriend...but the right one. When a lady tells you she doesn't want a boyfriend, that shouldn't mean anything one way or the other to a smart guy like you. By telling you that, she presents a welcome challenge that most men would enjoy.

In the interim, I would respect what she says and take her at her word. If you are a great companion, a gentleman, show her a nice time and don't get aggressive or otherwise annoy her, in time she will be begging to see more of you.

You've got to be a little sharper with this lady, though. Play right along with her. Treat your dinner/movie date just as a date but work it in to the conversation that you think its great because you aren't looking for a girlfriend either.

If you really like her, don't call her so often, make yourself a little scarse around work, don't kiss up to her, be a bit aloof and I promise she will eventually be dying for you.

What I am trying to say is play all this very cool for a while and, if you want, the two of you can become a lot closer with time. What she's looking for is a guy who will spend some time courting her and not one who wants to drag her straight to the bedroom.

You'll learn lots more about where she's coming from when you have dinner with her tonight.

Let us know.

E X A C T L Y

Play a little hard to get--don't be available too often, let her know you see others, and wipe the drool before you talk to her! Good luck!

Almost every single lady wants a boyfriend...but the right one. When a lady tells you she doesn't want a boyfriend, that shouldn't mean anything one way or the other to a smart guy like you. By telling you that, she presents a welcome challenge that most men would enjoy. In the interim, I would respect what she says and take her at her word. If you are a great companion, a gentleman, show her a nice time and don't get aggressive or otherwise annoy her, in time she will be begging to see more of you. You've got to be a little sharper with this lady, though. Play right along with her. Treat your dinner/movie date just as a date but work it in to the conversation that you think its great because you aren't looking for a girlfriend either.

If you really like her, don't call her so often, make yourself a little scarse around work, don't kiss up to her, be a bit aloof and I promise she will eventually be dying for you. What I am trying to say is play all this very cool for a while and, if you want, the two of you can become a lot closer with time. What she's looking for is a guy who will spend some time courting her and not one who wants to drag her straight to the bedroom. You'll learn lots more about where she's coming from when you have dinner with her tonight.

Let us know.