he still won't commit??

sweetappl2

I have brought this guy up in several posts, and I'm thankful for the support. Things seem to have taken a change.

In short, My ex broke up with me because he needed space to figure out what he wanted to do with his life. It's been a long up and down 2 months. He finally figured out what he wanted... but I found out there is more. He says he got scared for us, saying that he was worried the relationship would get messed up somehow, cause it was such a good relationship. I do not understand that, cause I believe that the breaking up is what messed it up! We have been through this so many times and he says that this is a 'break'. Right now, I think he needs to be able to make that step for us to be together. He is afraid cause of his past, he has had several gfs cheat on him. Our relationship was pretty committed and I know he is the committed type. Since we had been arguing and things were painful, I have really distanced myself from him during this break. Now he texts me a lot, says he misses me... and that he's always been my guy. And that he hopes he can take that step soon before I slip away. I dont know what I can do to help him make the step, other than tell him how much I care. Should I just be patient? I really don't bring up "us" unless he does, because when I do bring it up, it makes him feel bad.

• Author

Ok well I talked to him a little bit tonight and he opened up to me a little more. He said he's ready to settle down, but is afraid. What can a girl do??