LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Sex on the second date mistake....!

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2008, 3:37 PM   #1

Sex on the second date mistake....!

I met this guy Steve on a dating website. We really hit it off on our first date and there was an instant attraction. Unfortunately on our second date that attraction got too much and after having too much wine we ended up having sex. Up until then he had been really into me but since then I feel that he has lost interest and has only been in touch since then to be polite. I am not a sl*t or anything like that, can't believe I did this and I can't believe I was so stupid. I know sex too early can be a big turn-off for some guys. Is there anything I can do to regain his interest? I have thought about sending him a message talking about it but worry that could scare him off. I don't want to chase after him too much. Any thoughts, especially from the men? Please?
stoopidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 3:44 PM   #2
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
I am a former serial date, lol, but not a slut - by my own standards at least. It happens, an attraction, some wine, a nice thing that should have some anticipation - gets done too fast and the whole thing is blown.

I get it. You want to email him and say something like That was way too fast! But he isnt giving you a do over.

No way to fix it, just move on.
2sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 3:46 PM   #3
Established Member

I'm sorry I'm not a man, but if he really liked you, he wouldn't be doing this. To hell with him. Don't be above a one night stand. If they want to act stupid, let them bring it. Don't feel like you have to try to keep him so that it won't be a one night stand. Call him once more and tell him to go to h_ll.

If he actually liked you, he wouldn't do this. If he's doing this now, he's out! There is something wrong with him. Not you.

You both did the same thing, so what ever it is that he thinks you are, he's that too. If he doesn't want a "sl_t", neither do you.
All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 3:47 PM   #4
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
It would be great to get the guys perspective on this. But I wanted to add: The more you try to win him, the more desperate you will appear. If you hope to salvage something maybe for the future - back off for quite some time.
2sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 3:51 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sure View Post
It would be great to get the guys perspective on this. But I wanted to add: The more you try to win him, the more desperate you will appear. If you hope to salvage something maybe for the future - back off for quite some time.

You would truely be a fool to try to win a piece of trash like him. He's a sl_t. Come on. He slept with you on the second date.
Old 21st October 2008, 3:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
You would truely be a fool to try to win a piece of trash like him. He's a sl_t. Come on. He slept with you on the second date.
The same can be said about her, you know.

As a matter of fact, he could be thinking along these very same lines, which is why he has kept quiet..
Shygirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 3:57 PM   #7
Established Member

Send him this

Dear John,

I know I haven't talked to you in a week and I've been pulling away every since our night together, but I'm very concerned taht you may have some self esteem issues as you selpt with me after jsut the second date.

These are not the kind of morales or values I'm looking for in a guy and I therefore could never take you seriously. I don't think that we should have any fuirther contact since we are not of the same caliber.

Take care,
Suzie
Old 21st October 2008, 3:59 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shygirl15 View Post
The same can be said about her, you know.

As a matter of fact, he could be thinking along these very same lines, which is why he has kept quiet..

That's exactly what he is thinking, but what gives HIM the right to think it and why the heck is she worried about it? What's the double standard?
Old 21st October 2008, 4:00 PM   #9
Established Member

Yes very stupid mistake. The chase is gone. Some men lose interest. Depends on the guy, but most would think you're just too easy and probably sleep with anyone. They might come back for more but not sure about the relationship part.

Anything you can do to regain his interest? Tell him genuinely that it's an honest mistake and you normally don't do that so soon. Maybe he'll believe you.
SushiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 4:01 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiX View Post
Yes very stupid mistake. The chase is gone. Some men lose interest. Depends on the guy, but most would think you're just too easy and probably sleep with anyone. They might come back for more but not sure about the relationship part.

Anything you can do to regain his interest? Tell him genuinely that it's an honest mistake and you normally don't do that so soon. Maybe he'll believe you.

Don't you dare!!!!!
Old 21st October 2008, 4:06 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:

You both did the same thing, so what ever it is that he thinks you are, he's that too. If he doesn't want a "sl_t", neither do you.
Sorry but men don't think this way. Men take it as a compliment for being called a slut. Men thinking a woman is a slut is a really nasty thing. Double standard or not but this is the way men think.
Old 21st October 2008, 4:06 PM   #12
Established Member

It's clear to me that this was going to end on the 2nd date or the 10th date. It was going to end on which ever date you slept with him.

That's what you're missing. You're chasing a loser!
Old 21st October 2008, 4:07 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiX View Post
Sorry but men don't think this way. Men take it as a compliment for being called a slut. Men thinking a woman is a slut is a really nasty thing. Double standard or not but this is the way men think.

Not real men! Just the losers!
Old 21st October 2008, 4:09 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Not real men! Just the losers!
lol take it easy, just giving my perspective, since I am a man.
Old 21st October 2008, 4:21 PM   #15

Yeah. I know this double standard thing is a big pain, but that's how these creatures called men think my dear All Star.
Shygirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote