When is it not a rebound

Lucky555

I don't understand when a rebound works. I know what it is cuz i have done this without knowing that it was a rebound..it helped me get moving on. Now i am ready to be more in the dating to know someone and see if they have potential BUT;

Here is what i know:

people have a relationship and break it off

they move on to another person and the cycle continues (lets just say)

How do u know when a guy is not looking for a rebound? just curious

Thats a hard question to answer.

If a guy JUST got out of a long-term relationship, its probably a rebound. Even if he left the woman he was with for another woman, he never really took time to be single, so in a way, he never allowed himself the time needed to get over his ex and move onto the next girl fairly. Unless the guy was checked out of the relationship months and months before leaving his girl, its probably not advisable for him to go after a girl right after a breakup.

That being said, some relationships that start like this turn out in the end, so you never know!

A major MAJOR hint of a rebound relationship is if the guy KEEPS talking about his ex. If he mentions her, cries to you about her, compares you to her, is still showing some sort of feelings for her... then he probably on the rebound. He just needs someone to fill the void left by his ex, and instead of filling it on his own, he is using her new partner to fix his broken heart. Once its fixed? The rebounder usually comes to the realization hes not totally interested in the person hes with, and takes off.

Whats a sure fire bet of a guy NOT on the rebound?

One who has been single for a while, is not still pining over his ex, and seems generally happy and stable with his life.

I don't understand when a rebound works. I know what it is cuz i have done this without knowing that it was a rebound..it helped me get moving on. Now i am ready to be more in the dating to know someone and see if they have potential BUT;

Here is what i know:

Agreed with what has said earlier - if a man (or woman) is crying about or pining over an ex, they are so not over that person.

You'll be able to tell - as the others have mentioned - plus, he's happy where he's at and what he's doing.

• Author

that was simple to understand. I totally agree about the ex thing.

yeah it just puzzled me that here we are going from one relationship to the next if were dating ect. and then its just hard to say how the rebound works because we all have had a person before the ones we just meet and want to get acquainted with.

Here is what i know:

You missed a bit in your statement, the break in between the break up and the new person.

As previously stated, repeated talk about the ex is an almost sure fire way of detecting someone who is rebounding.

in my experience so is clingyness, fast paced emotional talk & mood swings.

If they have not had a period in between this can be a precursor to trouble. Most relationship break downs are hard in some way, therefore time is needed to heal. If they have not had this then it is very likely they will drag some sort of emotional baggage into the next relationship.

Designating a period in between for both you and them is a good way to get off to a healthy start.

BubblyPopcorn

Tokyo made good points and I think there's a lot of truth to it but it goes both ways (men/women). I kind of agree with what Siciliana posted also, sometimes people aren’t intentional with it, sometimes they are and simply don’t care, and then there are people who are upfront about it and will tell you they aren’t looking for anything serious and just want to hook up.

Really it depends on the person it would be a lot easier if everyone was upfront but unfortunately it rarely works out that way.