Date with the woman of my dreams!

guy.lepage

I just landed a date with the woman of my dreams. I'd been eyeing her for a while but she had a boyfriend. As she recently became single, we went out (not a date) and things seem to click really well. I kissed her at the end of the evening (that was last week).

Last Thursday I finally managed to get the courage to ask her out and she accepted!

We are going for dinner next Thursday.

My question is the following - did she play her cards right by not accepting a date this weekend but proposing next week instead? I am so anxious to find out what will happen next week!

GUY

I once went out with a woman who would call me at the last minute for dinner on a Friday evening but would not commit to any plans. Things didn't work out...

The good part is that she made firm plans with you.

• Author
Congratulations! Maybe she did play her cards right, who knows.

So did you dump the erectile dysfunction woman already?

Thanks!

Yes things are over with the ED woman. We fought all the time and she was very insecure. I tried to reassure her the best I could but it was never enough.

When you receive a date invitation, do you suggest the first night you have available or do you let him linger a bit?

• Author
I know most women would prefer to let a guy linger even when they're interested, but I'm usually pretty straight forward.

Do women let a guy linger to increase his interest level, or to test whether he is really interested?

As for being straight forward, why do you prefer that approach?

Do women let a guy linger to increase his interest level, or to test whether he is really interested?

As for being straight forward, why do you prefer that approach?

Yes, it's to increase his interest level and also not wanting to appear desperate.

I prefer being straight forward because letting a guy linger for no reason is like playing mind games, and I'm not a game player.

It may be best to not try figuring out if the woman of your dreams is "playing cards"...or any other game. Nevermind whether she's doing it "right" or "wrong".

Cos thinking about that just gets into your own head, messes with your normally level-headed mindset, and then you might start projecting your inaccurate "conclusions" on her, and (mis)read all kinds of words and actions of hers, that are entirely innocent and manipulative tactics-free.

Some men and women DO play games, and are into power struggles. But, why not just assume that the woman of your dreams is NOT one of those types?

Just don't be too anxious. Stop looking at her as the "woman of your dreams" and start looking at her as a normal person and a FRIEND first. If you are overly enamoured with her you will most certainly try too hard and screw things up.

Just HAVE fun, be yourself and don't talk about a relationship or anything. Just let the relationship progress NORMALLY. Get to know her, be friends, enjoy life. Any pressure is a bad thing.

• Author

Thanks guys.

I guess I was really excited until some of my female friends told me "well you should've tried to score when you had the opportunity with her" or "why next week? wow she must have a crazy schedule or she must not like you that much".

But if I stick with the essentials, it boils down to me having a date with a really beautiful girl next week!

engravefeelthevoid

congrats...just one thing man u said shes the woman of ur dreams and all, ur toooo enthusiastic she might also fall for u in the beginning, but beware not to come off as needy, don't go to see her everyday like a desparate man who finally found someone...my advice is to LET HER come into your world and not YOU go into her world...shes looking for security and that's what u shud give her....getting a date is the easy...maintaining the relationship is the hard part.....

• Author
congrats...just one thing man u said shes the woman of ur dreams and all, ur toooo enthusiastic she might also fall for u in the beginning, but beware not to come off as needy, don't go to see her everyday like a desparate man who finally found someone...my advice is to LET HER come into your world and not YOU go into her world...shes looking for security and that's what u shud give her....getting a date is the easy...maintaining the relationship is the hard part.....

Yes thanks for the advice. Very good advice indeed.

So far I've been good, calling her no more than once a week.

It's later on in the game that I need to watch myself...