personality traits

Crystal

is there a way to tell if a personality trait is either learned or a genetic curse? also do you think a person can really change either or?

i'm enquiring mainly about my boyfriend and his ability to go from jekyl and hyde is 0.2 flat! he has been trying to work on this for a week or so now and was doing really good until today when work got him stressed again.

i have told him i don't want to live with his mood disorder as i call it but i know it is stress from his job, and there is nothing i can do to help him because of the type of work he does.

i use to be extremely bad with jealousy/insecurity/snooping, et, but i have changed alot of that with alot of work.

but i don't know if my problems were/are genetic or traits i picked up later in life, i'm guessing the latter, but i don't know with him.

his whole family is major work aholicics who own their own business/homes/nice cars, etc. but they are nothing like him with the mood thingy, but he is similar to his dad.

his dad snapped at his wife one day in front of us and she meekly turned away, me, i'd kick him in the knee if he talked to me like that in front of anybody, too embarrassing if you ask me.

so any idea on this? i wish i could help him with his stress from work or give him some advice onsomething to take, like some saMe or however it is spelled, but he wont take anything, he is trying exercising more and just better conscious management but still falls back to old ways.

thanks for any advice here.

During the next mood swing, walk out of the room, leave the house in the mean time. When hes in a better mood tell him he has to get help from his doctor if things dont change. Thats not something you should put up with from him regardless of your love for him.

When people have moods, it affects everyone whos around it. I myself, walk out of the room when ever someone raises a voice or is having a fit. At work, home, anywhere! I dont want to be stressed out because someone elese is. No thank you.

My advice is to tell him its affecting the r/s and for the r/s is he going to change? This should be discussed in a clam enviorment. If you bring it up during his mood swing, it will make him feel worse.

is there a way to tell if a personality trait is either learned or a genetic curse? also do you think a person can really change either or?

i'm enquiring mainly about my boyfriend and his ability to go from jekyl and hyde is 0.2 flat! he has been trying to work on this for a week or so now and was doing really good until today when work got him stressed again. i have told him i don't want to live with his mood disorder as i call it but i know it is stress from his job, and there is nothing i can do to help him because of the type of work he does. i use to be extremely bad with jealousy/insecurity/snooping, et, but i have changed alot of that with alot of work. but i don't know if my problems were/are genetic or traits i picked up later in life, i'm guessing the latter, but i don't know with him.

his whole family is major work aholicics who own their own business/homes/nice cars, etc. but they are nothing like him with the mood thingy, but he is similar to his dad. his dad snapped at his wife one day in front of us and she meekly turned away, me, i'd kick him in the knee if he talked to me like that in front of anybody, too embarrassing if you ask me. so any idea on this? i wish i could help him with his stress from work or give him some advice onsomething to take, like some saMe or however it is spelled, but he wont take anything, he is trying exercising more and just better conscious management but still falls back to old ways. thanks for any advice here.

He can change, but it requires a lot of work. If he doesn't work harder, then perhaps you should find someone else. Do you really want to put up with this over the long run if he doesn't change? Picture his father's wife. Do you want to end up like that? This guy, if he truly cares about you, shouldn't walk all over you just because he's stressed out from work.

i'm enquiring mainly about my boyfriend and his ability to go from jekyl and hyde is 0.2 flat! he has been trying to work on this for a week or so now and was doing really good until today when work got him stressed again. i have told him i don't want to live with his mood disorder as i call it but i know it is stress from his job, and there is nothing i can do to help him because of the type of work he does. i use to be extremely bad with jealousy/insecurity/snooping, et, but i have changed alot of that with alot of work. but i don't know if my problems were/are genetic or traits i picked up later in life, i'm guessing the latter, but i don't know with him.

his whole family is major work aholicics who own their own business/homes/nice cars, etc. but they are nothing like him with the mood thingy, but he is similar to his dad. his dad snapped at his wife one day in front of us and she meekly turned away, me, i'd kick him in the knee if he talked to me like that in front of anybody, too embarrassing if you ask me. so any idea on this? i wish i could help him with his stress from work or give him some advice onsomething to take, like some saMe or however it is spelled, but he wont take anything, he is trying exercising more and just better conscious management but still falls back to old ways. thanks for any advice here.

thank you guys, i'm really trying to figure out if someone can change if in fact it is an inborn trait versus a developed trait.

good advice from you and velvet, i already know what i'm up against, i'm just hoping beyond hope that he can do this because i DON'T want to spend the rest of life in limbo.

i don't want to be like his mother in law at all! so far i'm out, we've had it out several times that is why i'm sick of it, i don't want to keep fighting about the same ole thing, but i don't want to leave either, i just want to find some help for him but what?

thanks for responding, i will remember all of what you said too!

He can change, but it requires a lot of work. If he doesn't work harder, then perhaps you should find someone else. Do you really want to put up with this over the long run if he doesn't change? Picture his father's wife. Do you want to end up like that? This guy, if he truly cares about you, shouldn't walk all over you just because he's stressed out from work.