Birthday gifts...

clia

I've been dating a guy for a couple of months and his birthday is coming up. Although we talk almost every day and see each other probably a couple of times a week, we've taken it fairly slow in other areas (i.e. are not sleeping together, are not committed, etc.). The consensus among my friends is that I should just get him a card and leave it at that. I tend to agree, but part of me feels sort of heartless doing that. (I love buying gifts for people, but I definitely don't want to freak him out.) Do you guys think a card is okay, or should I get him something? I really wouldn't even know what to get him...

I think you should get him something small, or perhaps take him out somewhere. Just don't spend a huge amount of money; show you care without going way overboard.

Birthdays are a funny thing. I personally don't care very much about my own birthday, and wouldn't mind if everyone forgot it entirely, never mind bought me a card. However, some look on their birthday as the most important date of the year, and such people might be mildly offended if their new girlfriend didn't do something. Buying something small or taking him out somewhere is just playing on the safe side, and it seems to be what you want to do anyway.

You say you love buying gifts for people, so I say go ahead and do it. If he's "freaked out" by receiving a birthday present from a girl he's been dating for the last two months, I will eat my shoes.

I don't know your boyfriend, so I can't tell you what to get him. If you don't know what to get him either, then I'm leaning toward taking him out for a birthday dinner. It doesn't even have to be on his birthday -- just tell him that's why you're taking him out.

I've been dating a guy for a couple of months and his birthday is coming up. Although we talk almost every day and see each other probably a couple of times a week, we've taken it fairly slow in other areas (i.e. are not sleeping together, are not committed, etc.). The consensus among my friends is that I should just get him a card and leave it at that. I tend to agree, but part of me feels sort of heartless doing that. (I love buying gifts for people, but I definitely don't want to freak him out.) Do you guys think a card is okay, or should I get him something? I really wouldn't even know what to get him...

why not get a small gift and a card? a funny keychain or something ... or simply get a cool card that plays some music when u open it or something...

good luck!