How Long To Fall In Love

AvaSylvian

If you are with someone you really like, you have a lot of common interestes, the chemistry is great, the sex is great, but that big old lightning bolt hasn't hit you between the eyes, yet, how long would you wait before you give up? How long does it take to know for sure that this isn't going to work out?

lovestruck818
If you are with someone you really like, you have a lot of common interestes, the chemistry is great, the sex is great, but that big old lightning bolt hasn't hit you between the eyes, yet, how long would you wait before you give up? How long does it take to know for sure that this isn't going to work out?

give it time- every relationship is different. My boyfriend told me he loved me about 5 months in. Just b/c you don't feel love right away doesn't mean the relationship is doomed.

In every serious relationship I've had it's come about the 3rd month into it. Almost like clockwork. However, my current boyfriend and I have been together about 3 months and haven't told eachother we love eachother yet. Give it time. If you still aren't feeling the fireworks after 6 months or so then I would start to be concerned.

• Author

We haven't been dating for long at all...about 2 months. I don't expect to be in love already, but I usually at least feel sparks right away. I don't feel that yet.

I've only been in love once and it took about five or six months for me to say the words, "I love you." Of course, I was really hesitant about saying those words so it might have come sooner if it wasn't such new ground (I'd started debating saying them after four months).

As far as when I really started to feel it, it's hard to say.

The first two weeks of dating, I remember thinking there was a lot more to this girl than I might have thought and I could be in danger or really falling for her instead of just dating casually (I told a friend this on the phone during those first few weeks).

I think the first time I started to really feel "love" was about two months into it. One night, after having sex, she turned on her side to face me and looked into my eyes. She gave me the "love-struck" look that I'd seen from girls who had crushes before but had always been frightened by. This time however, I wasn't frightened. It just felt good and I gazed into her eyes without saying anything for a while. That was probably the first time I thought, "I might love this girl."