cougars and cubs - how young is too young?

lala13

Can you handle him being attracted to someone 10 or more years younger than yourself ?..

That is your competition.. 18-21 year olds..

His head will get turned by young women.. if you can handle it.. then go for it...

as well as he will most likely just be into it for the banging sex...

ok, what do we think about a 31 year old woman dating an 18 year old man?

for sex? sure....for a relationship? probably not

• Author

well, it's not about me, be sure of that, but a good friend of mine was asking us that tonight at happy hour and i just had to ask what the consensus was from a larger group of people. i voted no, that he was entirely too young for corrupting just yet, but she seems insistent that it could be fun.

ah, well, to each his own, i guess.

I don't care about who dates who.

But I can tell you what I think of the 'cougar' term - it's so disrespectful and I wish it would go away!!! You sure don't hear that term applied to men in their 40's...50's...whatever. Good grief...!!!!

Its kinda pedophilic to me (he is still a teenager!). I cant imagine what you would have in common, besides sex drives.

There are a few totally hot college guys at the gym. Whenever I find myself lusting for their firm bodies, silky hair, constant hard-ons...*sigh* I get creeped out by my own thoughts. Like now.

I'm going to spank myself and find my rosary.

But I can tell you what I think of the 'cougar' term - it's so disrespectful and I wish it would go away!!! You sure don't hear that term applied to men in their 40's...50's...whatever. Good grief...!!!!

I'm with you on the cougar term. I'm 41, but I look like I'm in my late 20s-early 30s. Younger guys are always coming onto ME. Cougar implies I'm the predator. That couldn't be further from the truth!! LOL

IMO, 18 is way too young for anything but a romp in the hay.

I'm with you on the cougar term. I'm 41, but I look like I'm in my late 20s-early 30s. Younger guys are always coming onto ME. Cougar implies I'm the predator. That couldn't be further from the truth!! LOL

IMO, 18 is way too young for anything but a romp in the hay.

I don't know who started using that term but it completely annoys me. It's like people will come up with anything to put women down.

I know what you mean about being pursued because I've always been mistaken for being younger than I am, too. I used to be married to a guy who was 5 yrs younger than me and everyone thought he was 5 yrs older. He would get so mad when people would say this (although you'd think he would've been proud that he had a young looking wife - yes, he was an idiot). So young guys hit on me a lot but I have zero interest in them. Just a bunch of silly boys with no brains in their heads. I can't imagine why a woman in her 30's would even look twice at an 18 yr old.

mmmm, no comment.... I like 'em young.

18 would be a little too young for my tastes- but I've gone as young as 21. It's never going to be a great romance or anything- but nothing wrong with just the sexual aspect of it.

Contacts like that will usually be fleeting and short lived.

So- never go into such a union hoping for long term.

In the meantime- I hope your friend has fun.

Geez- I was at the beach with my friend the other day and some hot (I'm guessing 20ish) year old sauntered by gave me a big smile... my gf was horrified- called me a perv. lol.

They call mature women who date younger men "cougars" but they call mature men who date younger women "weasels":eek:

That's because they are "manthers".

For the record, I have had the 'cougar' debate. I have had people try to convince me that it is not derogatory. Yeah, right.:mad:

nowhereman82

I'm not 18 but I imagine most guys (I being one of them) would love a fling with a mature woman.

One of these days I will have my moment, lol.

Sex is sex and age is just a number. If it feels right go with it (long as it's legal).

I agree.. if it feels right. why not..

My youngest was 23.. I was 54..

I hate the term cougar as well.. as I am pursued.. not the other way around.. :bunny:

31-18.. it's only 13 years .. no big deal.. a 13-year gap is a really small gap in my case.. :laugh:

I think there's a big gap in mentality between 18 and 21. Depends on the situation, but usually 18 year olds are still VERY attached to the umbilical cord. They either are still living at home, or very very recently moved out. They haven't really experienced life on their own. They tend to see things through a high-school perspective.

I had a friend who was significantly younger then me, and I saw a huge amount of growth and change in him between 19 and 21 years of age. Between 21 and 24 he held more of the adult mentality, whereas prior to that he was mostly just an annoying little kid.

It sucked too that you couldn't go some places with him because he wasn't old enough to drink. It seemed limiting (aka annoying) to me since I hadn't had that issue for 6-7 years (at the time).

Jersey Shortie

I think man or woman, it's sceevy. They are either just out of high school or even still in high school. A little messed up.

Can you handle him being attracted to someone 10 or more years younger than yourself ?..

That is your competition.. 18-21 year olds..

His head will get turned by young women.. if you can handle it.. then go for it...

as well as he will most likely just be into it for the banging sex...

Unless you meant that metaphorically, that is not necessarily true, not all younger guys are that obvious and desperate acting. I think you just described midlife crisis man, you know the 30-45 yr old guy! :laugh: One that does not get out much or one that has Peter Pan syndrome.

I find young dudes are way more suttle and adjusted than that. When I see a hot young provocatively dressed woman going down the street it is the older men that gock, the younger ones are way cooler about it. So I disagree that's a rule of thumb that he will be the one ogling young things he can have young things so he is not as drawn to that as older men are.

However, I still don't think this relationship will work long term.

Lala13: Sooner or later you will resent him for not wanting the same things you want out of life and sooner or later he will resent you for wanting him to grow up too fast. You cannot sustain that level of incompatibility long term. Think about it, in 3 or 4 yrs you will want more out of the relationship, in three or 4 yrs he is just starting to face the real world for the first time how will you manage having complely different goals for yourselves? He will have to be an extremely mature 18 yr old and even so you can't beat nature, his brain is still developing at 18 we fully develope our brains up to 24yrs of age and his judgement now is still affected by his "underdeveloped" brain.

Op: Date the guy and have fun. At 31, I don't think the cougar term actually applies to you.

Not all women who date younger are "cougars".

Don't worry about your age;

At the age of 18, he'd screw the squirrels in the park if he could catch them....:)

Op: Date the guy and have fun. At 31, I don't think the cougar term actually applies to you.

Not all women who date younger are "cougars".

Don't worry about your age;

At the age of 18, he'd screw the squirrels in the park if he could catch them....:)

:lmao:....

Ruby Slippers

Yeah, I agree that an adult sleeping with a teenager is weird and kinda icky. 21 is about as young as I would go, and I would never expect anything more than a light-hearted fun time. I think this new younger men with older women trend has the potential for a lot of fun.

Between my last relationship and current one, a lot of the guys approaching me were in the 21-25 range (I was 30) -- and, I must say, sexy as all get out. :D Given that I find men my own age often lacking in maturity, I never even considered pursuing anything serious with any of them.

The whole cougar thing is not bad at all. It allows a release for many younger men for absolutely free. The downside is who wants to be in a relationship with one of these women that slept with tons of guys? The younger guy that you are having sex with probably already had 30 cougars, and who knows how many younger guys some of these women went through.

The only people that might not be so happy about it, might be the younger girls. I made the mistake of telling one I slept with a 45 yr old and she could not stop telling me how gross that was, and I think it changed the way she looked at me.

Why should men date younger women, when older women have just become extremely easy?