Older women date younger men, because...

HiItsMe

....and this seems like a pretty good reason. Like with the woman I went out with the other night, she's in her mid 40's, and she said she prefers younger men (into their early 30's) mainly because men HER age (or older) are always sitting on their buttocks doing nothing.

Basically, she's found men HER age aren't active like she is. She's rather fit, and does alot of outdoor activities...and she's found alot of men (her age) just don't do that.

If you got a look at her ,you'd see what I mean, she does indeed look fit for a mid 40's woman, a head turner I would think.

I was wondering if this is is one of the MAIN reasons you hear why older women date younger men, AND if YOU are an older woman that likes to date younger men....is this your reason mostly as well?

I think the reason cougars date younger is because of sex. They want the ego boost of a younger man and he is fully functional, perform with lots of energy. The emotional connection is usually lacking in these relationships but they just look for another guy 2 fill the void.

I think the reason cougars date younger is because of sex. They want the ego boost of a younger man and he is fully functional, perform with lots of energy. The emotional connection is usually lacking in these relationships but they just look for another guy 2 fill the void.

How limited and small-minded a perspective, and I don't believe you are a woman either, and this was directed at women.

Some older men really want to just hang around the house by the age of 50, lets say. If a woman is still vital, interested in a full and interesting life outside the home, she might do better with someone who is still a little more active in the world. There is also indeed a potency issue with some men once they hit 40, but everyone is different and everyone desires different things, so big generalizations simply won't work here.

How limited and small-minded a perspective, and I don't believe you are a woman either, and this was directed at women.

Some older men really want to just hang around the house by the age of 50, lets say. If a woman is still vital, interested in a full and interesting life outside the home, she might do better with someone who is still a little more active in the world. There is also indeed a potency issue with some men once they hit 40, but everyone is different and everyone desires different things, so big generalizations simply won't work here.

Don't women want to do the same thing when they are 50? Are you saying older women are much more active and interesting than men?

Older men want to date younger women because he is sexually attracted to her and I assume older women date younger for the same reason.

Don't women want to do the same thing when they are 50? Are you saying older women are much more active and interesting than men?

Older men want to date younger women because he is sexually attracted to her and I assume older women date younger for the same reason.

My 20's, 30's and a good part of my 40's was spent in working a job and having primary responsibilty for the care and supervision of 3 children. Most of my non-working hours were spent at home or at child centered activities.

While an occasional night at home with a good DVD is nice, I'm not interested in sitting at home night after night after night because my husband doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything. He wasn't happy with the option of staying home and doing his thing while I went out and did mine and would get upset because I wasn't home chained to the tv right along with him.

Ha!

Truth is, the older men get, the more they crave for a much younger woman..

A 50 yo man is likely to be looking for 28 yo rather than a 40, so you see, dating younger men is really not an option for older ladies.

• Author

Chekov...(LOL...that's what the avatar looks like a young, Chekov)

200px-PavelChekov2267.jpg

LOL

Anyway, I think this is a certain senario...in HER case, apparently most men she comes across....that are HER age, typically aren't as active as she is....I mean if she could MEET a guy that was her age and did those things, then that'd be great.....but she's finally said to herself, that she might as well date younger, sinc ealot of men her age she meets aren't all that active.

I agree with Yamaha.

Youth is attractive, irrespective of gender.

You let me know how it goes for you as you get older, Shygirl, and who it is that is or isn't attracted to you. You are in no position to have a real opinion about this right now, just your biases that come from who knows where--either a lot of insecurity, or you're a man pretending to be a female on this site. Not even the 40 year old men I know are looking for women in their 20s--it is more the exception than the rule. Most people are comfortable within their own age group. So don't worry, us old gals don't want your young men, though sometimes we get them anyway. :p

Ha!

A 50 yo man is likely to be looking for 28 yo rather than a 40, so you see, dating younger men is really not an option for older ladies.

I'm going to have to call you on this one. Women who take care of themselves into their forties, fifties and even sixties are now dating younger men. Take a look while walking down the street one day. You might be surprised at what you see if you look (optimum phrase) close enough!

almost famous

It's not any different than older men liking younger women, they just like to date someone younger. They just put a label on such women but not men.

almost famous

This is the truth.

You let me know how it goes for you as you get older, Shygirl, and who it is that is or isn't attracted to you. You are in no position to have a real opinion about this right now, just your biases that come from who knows where--either a lot of insecurity, or you're a man pretending to be a female on this site. Not even the 40 year old men I know are looking for women in their 20s--it is more the exception than the rule. Most people are comfortable within their own age group. So don't worry, us old gals don't want your young men, though sometimes we get them anyway. :p

You go girl!!!!:D:D:D

Ha!

Since when is it not an option...

It's never been a problem or unusual for me to date much younger men.

I take care of myself, keep fit and look a lot younger than 38.

I don't jump into bed with any of them until I get to know them- and not one of them has walked away knowing that.

Younger women can be just as promiscious as someone older- it's a myth that an older woman is more likely to give it up. I sure as hell don't.

I just enjoy the youthfullness and carefree nature of a younger guy. I get bored or annoyed with the immaturity level more often than not. When I decide to settle down again it will be with someone closer to my age- but until then, sometimes it's just about having some fun. Why not.

Many men my age and older do tend to be inactive, and many (not all) have stopped taking care of themselves physically. I'm not sure why it's okay for an older man to love the look of a younger woman- but the reverse is considered strange or just plain wrong. That's a ridiculous double standard.

....and this seems like a pretty good reason. Like with the woman I went out with the other night, she's in her mid 40's, and she said she prefers younger men (into their early 30's) mainly because men HER age (or older) are always sitting on their buttocks doing nothing.

Basically, she's found men HER age aren't active like she is. She's rather fit, and does alot of outdoor activities...and she's found alot of men (her age) just don't do that.

If you got a look at her ,you'd see what I mean, she does indeed look fit for a mid 40's woman, a head turner I would think.

I was wondering if this is is one of the MAIN reasons you hear why older women date younger men, AND if YOU are an older woman that likes to date younger men....is this your reason mostly as well?

From my experience.. I find men my age boring in bed.. they just don't have the energy... I haven't been with too many men my age.. maybe one or two.. I ONLY date younger... anywhere from 8 to 31 years younger than me..

I find I have more 'chemistry' with younger guys.. :love:

To each her own on this one but personally, at the age of 49, I can't imagine being with a young guy and have no interest in it. To me they're just a bunch of silly boys running trying to see how many women they can screw. Give me an older guy any day - who isn't full of himself and knows how to treat a woman.

I wonder how older women look their young bf? I find younger guys are not mature enough for me

I always think older women date young men because of their own insecurity and immaturity, not their confidence.

another hand I don't understand older man with a quite young woman either

because I always think similar soul match similar soul. if they don't find a mate matching their soul, then there are some other elements they want in a younger man or woman

Do you want honesty? Rarely do younger men take the "cougars" out in public, or around their friends, or to meet their family.. 90% of the time spent together, sometimes 100% is behind closed doors.

And I don't mean a woman a few years older. I mean the 45-55 "dating" a man 15- 20 years younger.

And yes, I am sure there are exceptions. But those are a tiny percentage.

Do you want honesty? Rarely do younger men take the "cougars" out in public, or around their friends, or to meet their family.. 90% of the time spent together, sometimes 100% is behind closed doors.

And I don't mean a woman a few years older. I mean the 45-55 "dating" a man 15- 20 years younger.

And yes, I am sure there are exceptions. But those are a tiny percentage.

Not too sure about that. When I was in high school I had a thing with one of my teachers, I tried to get as many of my friends as I could to see me with her. :laugh::laugh:

nopainnogain

I remember mrs fisher. Dang she was hott. I emember she bent over in front of me and I saw it all:cool:

I always think older women date young men because of their own insecurity and immaturity, not their confidence.

Actually, it's the opposite. It's being confident that drives a woman to date whom she pleases without caring about what other people think.

Why would an insecure woman date a hot young man. You have to be comfortable with yourself and your age to do so.

And in response to V's post- the last young guy I dated was about 15 years younger than me. Not only did I meet his friends and see them often but he met mine... and we went out in public quite regularly.

I've never been anyone's dirty little secret- if I thought that's how it was, I wouldn't be involved with them.

I am 38- and I once dated a 23 year old for a few months. He was the relentless pursuer. He wanted to introduce me to his parents and I was the one that didn't wish to do that. I met his mom by accident once when him and I ran into her in a mall... he told me after his mother had no clue I was that much older. He was a bit immature and I eventually left the relationship- he continues to call me months later to get back together.

Somehow, society frowns on the older woman/younger man connection.

Granted- I don't wish to have a life long relationship with someone that young, but why not enjoy the company in the interim. I've gone out with quite a few younger guys- it's not something I see a problem with.

I remember mrs fisher. Dang she was hott. I emember she bent over in front of me and I saw it all:cool:

OMG :eek: nopain, you're a sick bastard... Mrs. Fisher was 64 yrs old....:lmao:

Cherry Blossom 35

I'm 35. I've also gone out with a number of younger guys. The last one was 25. I don't see anyone hiding me in the closet. Quite the opposite, in fact.