Messy Car = Messy House?

Say you meet someone new and you ride in their car. And let's say it's kind of a mess. Do you think you can infer that their house must also be messy?

nah – could be that said person has been living out of their car because of work commitments and hasn't just had a chance to clean up. Well, I'm talking about simple messes like junk mail and wrappers and empty cups on the floor. If there's food and actual dishes and other crap, that could be a whole other deal, because the average person has some amount of stuff tossed around the car when they get busy and don't really have the opp. to straighten up!

Possibly. But moreso, I would infer that their life is equally disorderly.

Say you meet someone new and you ride in their car. And let's say it's kind of a mess. Do you think you can infer that their house must also be messy?

Yes, if the car is messy most likely the house will be messy.

My car resembles my house, and I've seen other people's cars and they look just like their houses.

(I should wash it more often though, I kind of stretch that part)

SOmetimes I let my car get a little messy... sometimes my place is the same way. I have been known to let the empty tim horton's cups get out of hand...

My house is always clean though. Sometimes there is a clothing explosion in my bedroom. I once had a date come over at the last minute and I threw everything into the front closet. He opened the closet to hang his coat and all my clothes came falling out- I think he was horrified. lol.

Nah, my mom's car has been messy all of my life, but the inside of the house was always clean regularly. Her car is not clear now, but not as messy as it used to be. Before, she drove a lot with her job, and so... yeah... I guess a lot of stuff would pile up.

Likewise, my dad's car now is rather messy (especially as he is doing more driving), never kept a messy place, BUT he has a messy computer desk.

On the other hand, one of my exes cars was always spotless, though his apartment was not. And then I've gone out with guys who had messy cars, and their places were always clean, but they could have cleaned up because they knew I was coming over. Hmmm, make that two exes with junk apartments and clean cars.

I think it may depend on the person, what they do for a living, and how much they care about appearances maybe. lol

I would say yes since they did not clean it knowing you were going to be getting into it. This tells me they probably don't think it is a bad thing and I would not doubt if they are slobs at home. It is not that their car was a mess because that happens to all of us, it is that they did not bother cleaning it for a date that would concern me.

I would say yes since they did not clean it knowing you were going to be getting into it. This tells me they probably don't think it is a bad thing and I would not doubt if they are slobs at home. It is not that their car was a mess because that happens to all of us, it is that they did not bother cleaning it for a date that would concern me.

Hmm, yeah... I would have to agree with that one. Picking up CDs off the floor of the car before you can get in... that's not cool at all.

• Author
People tend to take care of what they value.

That's a good point. I always keep my women very clean.

If I find a layer of filth on the inside of someone's car, I always conclude that that there's a similar problem in their house. That's quite a turn-off.

That's a good point. I always keep my women very clean.

If I find a layer of filth on the inside of someone's car, I always conclude that that there's a similar problem in their house. That's quite a turn-off.

Have you considered self-cleaning women? They're a lot less maintenance.

It is a turn-off but for me, it's either home and car.

Well sometimes I can let my car get a little messy but my house is very clean/organized but I'd think if you/they were picking you up for a date or something they'd want to clean it first lol.

Not at all.. I've know someone who was a real pig in her car.. unbelievable, the worst case I've ever seen in my life.. and her house was kept fairly clean.

I am not a cleanaholic in my car.. but I am in my house.. I am a maniac in the house.. everything has to be spotless.. no clutter..

Every morning, before I leave for work, my bed is made, my counter is clean, the bathroom is spotless..

lovestruck818

no way...no correlation...at least not for me. My car is so messy but my house is very neat.

Kind of depends on the time of year. Who wants to be outside cleaning their car in the middle of winter?

• Author
Kind of depends on the time of year. Who wants to be outside cleaning their car in the middle of winter?

Someone who wants to date me. What's a little cold compared to that?

Someone who wants to date me. What's a little cold compared to that?

I detail year-round. Just sayin'...