Women , heard mentality, dating

vonerik012

Would many women find this man attractive?

Five foot 8,not that attractive, addicted to drugs, skinny, alcoholic, and most likely carrying an std? First response would be Of course not!

However, if you strap a guitar on him and put him on a stage you have women LINING UP just to service him.

Or another example.. I used to go to a certain nightclub. 95% of the time me and my friends would strike out. However, one day I became a bartender there. ALL OF A SUDDEN, the same exact women were begging to take me home every night.

So, how much of this extends into real life dating? Are women programmed to find certain things appealing do to media influences regardless if it makes sense or not? As an example, a certain "status" job, a certain college degree, driving a certain car?

I think the answer is, CERTAIN woman will will go for the trendy/exciting/dangerous guy.

The question is, do you really want to be with THOSE types of women?

RF

torranceshipman

Bleugh, sounds hideous, I wouldnt touch either of those guys with a bargepole. I expect the women that would arent the type of women you'd want to be with anyway!

• Author

It is an example of the MENTALITY.

For women it starts at a young age. You know, you see millions screaming and crying whenever they see whatever music group is currently "in".

And when I worked at the bar, ALL types would be flirting with me. Students, lawyers, married women, etc. There was not just "one type". They only seemingly liked me because I worked behind the bar. Like a competition.

I am just extrapolating that to ask the question ...

When women are seeking a mate, do they really know what they like? Or are outside influences forming their perceptions on what they should like?

imbewildered

However, if you strap a guitar on him and put him on a stage you have women LINING UP just to service him.

You are seeing how easily woman are drawn to certain men who are "hard to get" , have position, influence , status and power and who are adored by many other women.

Geez, Mick Jagger always looked like road kill to me . How it is that he was so popular with the ladies ? Read my sentence above for the answer.

Process all that and make it work for you.

imbewildered

When women are seeking a mate, do they really know what they like? Or are outside influences forming their perceptions on what they should like?

If women had any clue about how to select a successful mate for life, we would not have a situation in which over 50% of marriages fail and 70% of divorces are filed by women.

xpaperxcutx
You are seeing how easily woman are drawn to certain men who are "hard to get" , have position, influence , status and power and who are adored by many other women.

Geez, Mick Jagger always looked like road kill to me . How it is that he was so popular with the ladies ? Read my sentence above for the answer.

Process all that and make it work for you.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

One guy that I find extremely attractive is Iggy Pop.... he's 60 and still looks hot in my opinion.

OP, the ladies flirting with you behind the bar were looking for a comp pour or a ONS. Seriously doubt a mate was on their mind; more like mating :)

I know the musician angle well. My wife and her middle-aged friends travel all over the world to enjoy the attention of a certain musician whose actress wife just had a beautiful baby daughter :) They don't care that they're married, he's married and nothing is going to happen. It's all about the fantasy ....

Did those ladies flirting with you behind the bar tip you well? If yes, keep it up! ;)

imbewildered

I know the musician angle well. My wife and her middle-aged friends travel all over the world to enjoy the attention of a certain musician...

And you tolerate this ?

• Author

I was a bartender in my college days for about 1 year.

My friends and I used to hit the bars often in our early twenties. As with most men our age, we tried to take women home, get numbers, etc usually without the best success rate.

Then me and a friend of mine became bartenders at one of the dance clubs we used to frequent. The same women, and all of their friends were giving us keys to their hotel rooms, phone numbers, almost fighting to take us home and have sex. We used to laugh about how ridiculous it was. On any given night there were at least 5-10 girls we could go home with. Now that we stood behind the bar, we are like celebrities. Prior to that we were nothing. The heard mentality.

This leads me to believe the attention we received as bartenders might not be an isolated phenomenom. Are women in touch with what they REALLY want, or just going with what they think would impress their friends?

"He has this job, this degree, this car, lives in this condo complex" etc Then a few years down the road, 70% of the time they want a divorce. They weren't seeking actual TRAITS they like, but more or less what they THINK they should like. Or what might impress their friends. Do they have any idea of what they truly want?

For men, it seems to be MUCH easier. You see a woman, you get a feeling, and you like her. We don't "prequalify" women based on education, height, income, earning potential, what they drive, etc, and then decide if we like them. It seems to be more of a basic instinct, and far less calculated.

And you tolerate this ?

Sure, it's her money. I like to travel; she likes to fantasize. Win-win :D

Seriously, if I weren't straight, I'd ef the guy too. He's hot :) Watching the women around the concerts and with the band (oh, yeah, they hang out with the band), the OP's assertion of herd mentality is plainly evident. Since psychology is a hobby of mine, I find it fascinating.

I know, if I get a D, where I'll go looking for ONS, for sure ;)

• Author

I think the Musician example is probably the best.

But as another example I dated a woman that had a high level corporate job.

It turned out that in the past, she, and 8, yes 8, other women in the same division slept with the CEO. Of course, it didn't matter that he was married. They still thought somehow they were going to have a relationship with him.

Now are these the same woman that put up online profiles seeking a man with a high level of morality, kindness, honesty, etc. Most likely, as that is how I met my ex.

Is that what just sounds good to say?

Men are the same.

I worked as a bartender for a while, and got hit on by so many guys. Even got several "love" letters. I also worked as a janitor. Can't say I had many guys hitting on me then. I didn't change my appearance for either job. Wore the same jeans and plain t-shirt to both jobs. Same weight, same hairstyle, same everything. Only difference was one held the key to the booze, the other held a key to the mop closet.

You can't generalize women as being pathetic judges of character. Men do it too.

• Author

No, it is MUCH different.

You would get hit on if you were just hanging out at the bar as well.

Men don't cry and scream when they see a music group in droves. They don't line up to have sex with an ugly woman on drugs because she is holding a guitar.

Who is the number one most sexually fantasized male in the USA amongst women? Bill Clinton. A liar, a cheater.. Does that matter? Obviously not.

Now if Hillary was president, do you think she would be the most fantasized female amongst men? Not in a million years. We don't have the herd mentality, and are not infatuated with seeking a powerful female.

Sorry about the misspell.. Herd

And trust me, those same men would have had sex with you regardless if you were a patron or the bartender, lol.

Haven't women always moved in herds? Safety and strength in numbers. When have I ever seen a woman go to the loo alone?? Hmmm... ;)

imbewildered
Sure, it's her money. I like to travel; she likes to fantasize. Win-win :D

Win?? You do not realise what you are surrendering in all of this.

So you are OK with your wife acting like a middle-aged groupie ?

You better keep her in visual contact at all times because she is one step and two drinks away from f**king him.

Look up the word "cuckold".

Sheesh, some guys do not get it.

You're projecting again. That's your woman you're having to keep an eye on. Mine's making cucumber salad in the kitchen. If you read my posts, I'm the one with the fidelity issues. :)

I'll be cabana boy again in a couple of weeks and enjoy it thoroughly. 3 hot ladies and one mostly married guy in one mobile home for the weekend. Nirvana....er.. cuckold... er..... :D

I think both gender has that 'herd' mentality to a certain degree...

I remember a post in here, I forgot who posted it,.. about the hot 'Formula 1' female.. so I would think that depending on the situation, if the woman is in the 'men's world' then men could also be in the 'herd' mentality.

Men are drooling over some 'celebrities' same as women..

Win?? You do not realise what you are surrendering in all of this.

So you are OK with your wife acting like a middle-aged groupie ?

You better keep her in visual contact at all times because she is one step and two drinks away from f**king him.

Look up the word "cuckold".

Sheesh, some guys do not get it.

Hey dude, at least he's married. Sounds like he gets it to me.

• Author

Every human can find a celebrity attractive. The women men find attractive are attractive no matter what they do. Danika Patrick is attractive if she was a teacher, or a race car driver. Men would sleep with Danika Patrick if she was a waitress or hairdresser as well. :) It's not like Danika Patrick is 60, wrinkled, on drugs, and NOW men are fighting to sleep with her and having heart attacks because she is driving a car.

Women also change what they like easily, depending on status or wealth.

I have a friend who was 28, and could never get a girlfriend. He worked at the car wash. He is skinny, unattractive, weak personality etc.

His father was a successful lawyer, and passed away. He left him over 1.5 million dollars. Then, this guy actually took his bank statement to bars to show women. The same ugly guy who couldn't get any.

Within 6 months he was dating a Falcons cheerleader, a swimsuit model, and another woman that he always had a crush on, but she would never give him the time of day. They even all wanted to have his children and start a family.

All that matters is either a position of power,a position in the spotlight, or money, and you can land just about any woman. They will literally FIGHT for you, as I noticed when i was just a simple bartender.

And you might say those are gold diggers, etc etc. No, they are women. Not special unique creatures with different DNA called gold diggers.

Trialbyfire

There's a subcomponent of either gender that is for cash sale. I don't understand why this should be genderized.

If you want to genderize, why not genderize that there are certain men who are so insecure, that they cannot handle an independent woman and would rather control their mates since their egos are so fragile. Perhaps that's why this kind of insecure man would rather date a waitress v. a successful lawyer.

imbewildered
You're projecting again. That's your woman you're having to keep an eye on. Mine's making cucumber salad in the kitchen. If you read my posts, I'm the one with the fidelity issues. :)

I'll be cabana boy again in a couple of weeks and enjoy it thoroughly. 3 hot ladies and one mostly married guy in one mobile home for the weekend. Nirvana....er.. cuckold... er..... :D

I believe that you believe your posts.

My women have to keep an eye on me not the other way around.