I'm impressed by my own assertiveness!

I was at the Home Depot with my dad yesterday choosing some french doors for my room. There was a super cute dude working the floor and we exchanged some flirty smiles.

I asked the man that was helping my dad and I if the cute dude was single and he replied "yes"... so I wrote down my number, handed it to the guy and walked away.

I have never done anything so ballsy before!

I don't know if he'll call or not, but I am proud of myself for making the move. Don't know what possessed me to do it.... but I hope he calls!

My dad was sort of in shock- but thought it was funny.

xpaperxcutx

:D You go D!

Haha and in front of your dad also.... wow that guy better call.

I'm sad now. :( No phone #. :(

Anyway!

Nice! good luck and hope he calls! :)

• Author

I don't know if he'll call or not... lol.

My dad is a pretty liberal guy, he thought it was funny.

I don't even know how long to expect to wait for a call before I write it off.

A guy once called me six weeks after i gave him my number... lol. I didn't go out with him.

nuh HUH! Home Depot guys know a lot, and when you're a home owner, that's like striking gold. Even if D and HDguy end up just good friends, it's still a gold mine.

• Author

I'm not sure if he will or not- I imagine handing someone your number like that could be intimidating!

I'm not sure if he will or not- I imagine handing someone your number like that could be intimidating!

Yeah but it is also an ego booster. You are a cutie so if Home Depot guy saw you, he might call.

Yeah... really freaky.

Good luck, hope he calls.

Probably will unless he has a gf, if he was cute he might have one but you never know.

(he'll for sure keep that number)

Oh yeah,

And at least you have to be cute to pull one of those.

If I were to do that, with the weight that I gained in that job (working on it, though) he'd probably laugh at my face or something.

And everyone around would probably laugh also. :o

Did you show a little leg? I guarantee I'd call.

You mean leg, arms, cleavage and pig tails.

Oh yeah,

And your father is pretty cool.

My father would probably slap me right there..

or just go white pale in disbelief, drag me out of the place by the hair, stop talking to me, disown me who knows...

• Author

I gave my number directly to the dude. I just asked the guy that was helping us if the dude was single.

I hope he calls- but I won't be crushed if he doesn't.

CommitmentPhobe

Yes it is especially if they don't speak to you first and just walk off??....I never call if someone does that to me. This guy might be different though...

• Author
Yes it is especially if they don't speak to you first and just walk off??....I never call if someone does that to me. This guy might be different though...

I was nervous!!!!! I can't even tell you how big of a step it was for me to make the approach with the number in the first place- but thanks for the criticism. It is so hard to approach people- I mustered up all the confidence I had to just do that. And you weren't there- we were standing at the counter across from each other with our heads cocked to the side just grinning at one another while my dad was doing the deal. I didn't just throw my number at some random dude and take off like a track star. I handed it to him- we smiled at one another, and I coyly turned and walked away. What's wrong with that?

Anyway- I got the call tonight. Picked up the voicemail just a little while ago. He sounded as nervous as I was when I handed him my number. He left his number and I'll give him a shout tomorrow evening as he said he was working tomorrow 10-6.

Yo go, girl!

I'd call him on MON, though... I mean, he waited what, 6 days to call you? I'd return the favor... :)

• Author
Yo go, girl!

I'd call him on MON, though... I mean, he waited what, 6 days to call you? I'd return the favor... :)

Good call JB. I was wondering about that.

:p

Actually, I'd wait until TUE... ;) But, mid-afternoon. Like 3:17PM - ish.

You know... this now sounds like a game.

I would suggest giving him a call IF he does not call to follow up on his voicemail.

You know... this now sounds like a game.

I would suggest giving him a call IF he does not call to follow up on his voicemail.

Now, how is this a game? She gave him her number SIX days ago, and he finally gets around to calling. NO ONE is that busy. Why should she jump the moment he calls?