Boyfriend and female friend...just a friend?

I really need some advice, please help me. This is my first boyfriend so I am new to this. There is this girl who is a friend of my boyfriend's, though I find her annoying and personally think she has a long-time crush on my boyfriend. She has planned things and cut me out, but invited my boyfriend (while we were a couple.) I practically had to call him up in tears to get him to ask her to invite me. He told me how much he dislikes her. Now I am in another city working for a few months, but I will be moving back to our place of work soon. He saw her one on one for lunch while I was away, (because she had been calling him, I assume.) He didn't tell me about the lunch, I found out through a mutual friend of ours. Should I be concerned? Should I confront him about it, because I feel very insecure about this, (it seems he can't stand up to her)? Please help!

• 1 month later...

I see nothing wrong with the situation so far - unless you have any other reason to be worried that you did not include in your post.

She doesn't have to be your friend because you're her friend's girlfriend. That is silly. And since when can your BF not do anything without your presence or without you crying??? Like I said, nothing wrong with what happened so far.

It sounds to me more like a matter of trust. you should be able to trust your bf, if you don't then you probably shouldn't be in a relationship.

Also if her friend is making plans to include him and exclude you, he should be telling her that you are now a couple and should include you as well... maybe he is not much of a bf to begin with.

It does sound like the two of you are on your late teens or at the very most your very early 20s. How old are you and he?