Bf's friend's view on "guy weekend"

Lauriebell82

Lauriebell82

This is to piggy back off my other thread regarding the 7 guys my bf is inviting into our apt for a guy's weekend. As many of you know we did work out a good compromise regarding the situation. I am intending on spending some time in our apartment..Friday night and Saturday afternoon until I go to my cousin's grad party and then go to spend the night at my parents and go out with my sister. (this is going to be the crazy night when they are wasted).

So anyway, after my boyfriend and I had our "talk" he told his friend about the compromise we reached. His freind wasn't too happy about the deal so he IM'd me on AIM and basically asked me why I felt the need to be there and that I should be giving them "space." I told him that I was sticking to my plans.

I confront my bf regarding what his freind said, and he told me not to worry about it, that he was just upset because he thinks I will intrude on their fun and go all "girl" on them. My bf said that his freind is concerned that I'll get pissed if I here them talking about hot girls. So his friend contacts me AGAIN and was mad that I squealed to my bf regarding our conversation. I told him to leave me alone, that it was my apartment and I was staying no matter what. My bf and his freind got in this huge fight and his friend now says he is not coming. My bf is clearly upset by this. I tried to talk to him, and he did say that it didn't matter what his friend said. I think he does feel hurt though, and now I feel bad about the situation.

Ugh, more freaking drama.

sally4sara

Well his friend just proved himself to be an overly entitled jerk.

Where does this guy get off thinking his plans should over ride your right to your own home?

Your bf's friend is a douchebag.

x3

What's up with his friend? Geez. It's good enough that you're letting them have the party at your and BF's place. It is your friggin' place.

Art_Critic
Your bf's friend is a douchebag.

I can agree with Tan on this one..

What an asslclown his friend is...

Insert expletives here!!!!

I can't believe this guy. If he doesn't want to go to your home because you'll be there, then really I agree with him that he shouldn't go.

Hopefully your bf's other friends are more mature.

and I think you handled it perfectly.

Art_Critic
WAAAAHHHHHH! Give his friend a blankie and a soother!

hahaha.. She should go out and buy a blankie and a binky and make sure he gets it at the apartment :lmao:

Everyone else gets a beer and he gets a bottle with a nipple

• Author
Lauriebell82
hahaha.. She should go out and buy a blankie and a binky and make sure he gets it at the apartment :lmao:

LOL oh geez. You are right though he is extremely immature. And he complains that he doesn't have a gf. Sheesh.

Trialbyfire

:laugh:

I have this visual image of this guy all mad/crying, furiously sucking on a soother, whining to LB, in between suckles!

• Author
Lauriebell82
Insert expletives here!!!!

I can't believe this guy. If he doesn't want to go to your home because you'll be there, then really I agree with him that he shouldn't go.

Hopefully your bf's other friends are more mature.

and I think you handled it perfectly.

Thanks, it was REALLY hard to keep my cool because I was so pissed. I knew bashing his freind wasn't going to make bf too happy though..even though this guy is a total jerk.

I think he is just jealous because now my bf has a live in gf and he can't be a "swinging bachelor" and go party with him constantly.

I don't see why you're boyfriend doesn't rent out a few motel rooms and throw a wild party there. That way you are left in your own home and they get to have their fun. Why it needs to be in an apartment, I don't know.

You're happy, the friend is happy, your boyfriend is happy.

I think he is just jealous because now my bf has a live in gf and he can't be a "swinging bachelor" and go party with him constantly.

Then your boyfriend's friends should just ditch him and find someone to go swinging around with. That's what me and a few of my friends do. We ditch love in friends, for friends who are single and want to have fun. That way, there is no need ear ache for the friend who is in a relationship and we still get to have our fun.

• Author
Lauriebell82
I don't see why you're boyfriend doesn't rent out a few motel rooms and throw a wild party there. That way you are left in your own home and they get to have their fun. Why it needs to be in an apartment, I don't know.

You're happy, the friend is happy, your boyfriend is happy.

Well I did explain the reasoning for that, was because of the money situation with them going to Vegas. Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, I guess they figure that since my bf agreed to put them up for the weekend (before we knew we were moving in together, it was all pre-arranged) he should stick to it.

• Author
Lauriebell82
Then your boyfriend's friends should just ditch him and find someone to go swinging around with. That's what me and a few of my friends do. We ditch love in friends, for friends who are single and want to have fun. That way, there is no need ear ache for the friend who is in a relationship and we still get to have our fun.

I dont' think they would do that, they have all known each other since high school. Actually one of them is getting married (hence the bachelor party in Vegas) and they are all in the wedding. They may be immature but I think they are loyal.

Well I did explain the reasoning for that, was because of the money situation with them going to Vegas. Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, I guess they figure that since my bf agreed to put them up for the weekend (before we knew we were moving in together, it was all pre-arranged) he should stick to it.

If they want to throw parties and drinking sessions, then they should be able to fund the entire social event. Instead of taking advantage of a couple with a nice apartment. Motels aren't expensive, so there is no excuse.

• Author
Lauriebell82
If they want to throw parties and drinking sessions, then they should be able to fund the entire social event. Instead of taking advantage of a couple with a nice apartment. Motels aren't expensive, so there is no excuse.

Yeah, I totally agree with you.

I dont' think they would do that, they have all known each other since high school. Actually one of them is getting married (hence the bachelor party in Vegas) and they are all in the wedding. They may be immature but I think they are loyal.

When I say ditch, I didn't mean stop being friends. I'll give you an example. I hang about with a group of eight lads. We are all close friends. Two of them have girlfriends, and they spend a lot of time with their SO's. We used to invite them out, but of course their girlfriends had to come, so eventually the rest of us got annoyed and didn't invite them out. We knew by doing that, we wouldn't make their girlfriend's or them feel uncomfortable and we could still have fun without tredding on egg shells.

• Author
Lauriebell82
When I say ditch, I didn't mean stop being friends. I'll give you an example. I hang about with a group of eight lads. We are all close friends. Two of them have girlfriends, and they spend a lot of time with their SO's. We used to invite them out, but of course their girlfriends had to come, so eventually the rest of us got annoyed and didn't invite them out. We knew by doing that, we wouldn't make their girlfriend's or them feel uncomfortable and we could still have fun without tredding on egg shells.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. Like I think I said in the other thread, all his freinds live on the other side of the state. And they are all single (minus the friend getting married who lives in NC) so they hang out all the time there. It's a small town so they don't get to "party" very often. I think that now that my bf has a live in gf they can't come here to the city and party like they used to. So that is probably why they would be pissed off if my bf told them they couldn't stay at our apt.

His freind wasn't too happy about the deal so he IM'd me on AIM and basically asked me why I felt the need to be there and that I should be giving them "space."

So his friend contacts me AGAIN and was mad that I squealed to my bf regarding our conversation.

This cracks me up. He got mad you told your bf. What a moron. :rolleyes:

I always thought friend code dictated that if you're the friend, and you have an issue that has to do with the friends partner, that you talk to your friend (not the friends partner). It seems so rude and underhanded to not talk to your friend first, and just lay into their partner.

So what's your bf say about the friend refusing to come? Is he okay with how it turned out?

• Author
Lauriebell82
Were you present for your BF's conversation with his friend?

He answered the phone in front of me then realized his friend was upset so he went in the other room to talk. I didn't want to invade his privacy so I just waited in the other room.

• Author
Lauriebell82
This cracks me up. He got mad you told your bf. What a moron. :rolleyes:

I always thought friend code dictated that if you're the friend, and you have an issue that has to do with the friends partner, that you talk to your friend (not the friends partner). It seems so rude and underhanded to not talk to your friend first, and just lay into their partner.

So what's your bf say about the friend refusing to come? Is he okay with how it turned out?

Well, apparently he asked my bf whether or not he had talked to me about it and my bf said yes and that I wasn't change my mind. Thats when his friend contacted me again.

My bf is cleary upset at his friend's behavior and upset that he is refusing to come now. His friend is immature and very passive agressive, which I'm sure is the reason why he is not coming..just to spite us. I don't think anyone is happy with this whole thing. My boyfriend assures me that he isn't going to tend to his friend's little hissy fit but I know that he is unhappy that he refuses to come. I'm sure this is manipulation on his part because he thinks that I will agree to leave the apartment because my bf is disappointed at his refusal to come.

Star Gazer
He answered the phone in front of me then realized his friend was upset so he went in the other room to talk. I didn't want to invade his privacy so I just waited in the other room.

How can you be sure your BF wasn't painting you to be the unreasonable one? How do you know your BF wasn't saying, "Well, LB doesn't want you there, blah blah blah, she's being a pain in the butt, she wants to keep an eye out, she won't leave me be, etc." as opposed to, "I, wonderful BF that I am, want to make a compromise with my wonderful GF because it's important that I make my relationship a priority." Not using those words, of course, but the intended effect.

I'm not sure why he would feel uncomfortable talking on the phone to his friend in front of you if he was supporting you and your relationship. However, he'd have every reason to need privacy if he didn't want you to know what he was saying...

I would always talk in private to somebody who is upset. I basically always call in private, but when I sense emotion on the other side - no matter which kind - I automatically try to be alone with the phone. This might have been the bf's reason for leaving the room.

Also, I don't see the need to feel suspicious about her boyfriend this time. She told him, they talked about it, they are on a good page. If the boyfriend had tried again to make her move, then it would have been a problem.

Btw, the second time the friend contacted LB tells me that the boyfriend did not bash her, or else the friend would have had no reason to "attack" her for telling.