- nervous about date w/ ex-boyfriend

imnlove

I have plans to spend a day at a popular theme park with an ex-boyfriend this coming Friday. He is 40 and I am 36. We dated about 5-6 years ago, and the relationship was very strained because I was a single parent with a very unique living situation (which doesn't matter anymore at this point). Anyway, our relationship ended friendly, but tense. Recently, we have started to spend some time together again, and my living situation has resolved itself. I would love to have another try at our relationship, and he has straight-forwardly admitted to me that he is reluctant. However, he seems to be interested in spending time with me and when we do, I often get little "foot rubs", etc... (simple signs of affection). Well, I haven't dated much in a long time and the effects of being a single mom have taken their toll on me. I feel like I don't know how to have fun anymore and I feel ridiculously nervous about spending time with him on Friday, but I want to have fun. Can you offer any advice to help me get through my day? One of the things I love the most about him is that he is not the "average macho-man" he has his own unique personality, he is in touch with his feminine side (but definitely not feminine at all).

missdeathwish

Be yourself. Breathe deeply. Try to relax. Don't bring up anything relationship-y unless the mood seems right. (Even then, I'd hesitate.) Just try to have a good time. You have a babysitter lined up, right? Consider it a short vacation for you. Worry about whether or not something will develop later on. Enjoy, and good luck.

Be yourself. Breathe deeply. Try to relax. Don't bring up anything relationship-y unless the mood seems right. (Even then, I'd hesitate.) Just try to have a good time. You have a babysitter lined up, right? Consider it a short vacation for you. Worry about whether or not something will develop later on. Enjoy, and good luck.

I agree, your guy has already expressed that he's not comfortable jumping back into a relationship. Just enjoy the day, like you'd be going out with a friend. Which in essence is exactly what you're doing. Once you guys are comfortable hanging out with each other again then I would bring up the dating stuff again.