Did you ever have a short term relationship that rocked your world?

maynicholas

maynicholas

Just asking out of curiosity.

I had a couple relationships in my younger days [19-21(ish)] that rocked my world but ended due to change of location (graduation and/or career).

Did you ever have that?

Did you ever speak to that person again?

Oh yes! Three stand out - a British law student visiting the US for the summer, a motorcycle riding options trader who moved back to Dallas, and the Army Captain, a military intelligence officer I dated while I was on a project in Denver.

Adored them all and had such a wonderful time with them! I did keep in touch with all of them for a while, and still keep in touch with the Captain, who has since transferred to the DoD.

I think these kinds of relationships - with vastly different, yet equally wonderful men - is what makes me realize there is no "the one". There are many fantastic people out there that we can connect with, and there are many possibilities for whom we may commit to and be happy with in the end.

oh yes.... specifically when there was - or has been an agreement up front that it's all and only for the "play time."

no drama - no demands - no expectations...

that just makes it simple fun and fantastically free...

FormerNiceGuy

I dated a girl about 4 years ago.

It was for 6 weeks. Things went at an accelerated pace. And at the end, the relationship had to end because she had to go back home. It was a long-distance relationship that arguably....changed me forever..and made me stronger and colder.

When you get burned, the pain is gone, but the scars remain.

I guess it depends on what you mean by having my world rocked.

The last girl I dated in Japan was, to me, unlike I had dated in a while. I just felt really attracted to her and I knew she was into me. I met her at a friend's Halloween party, which was also her birthday party. I met her about two months before returning to the U.S. and I could tell that there was something there but I had already gone out on a date or two with another girl who was at the party, a girl who ended up being a waste of time. I met the first girl (the one I liked) again about two weeks before I returned home and we really hit it off. She knew I was leaving, but we went out anyway. It was honestly one of the best dates I can remember in a long time. We met again twice before I left, and she ended up taking me to the airport as I left Japan for good.

We kept in touch by email almost daily for a good 30 days after I returned. I got excited whenever I got one of her emails. But predictably, the time between mailings grew longer. It became twice a week, then once a week, and then once every 10-14 days. I think we've corresponded once since last Spring. Thing is, I wanted to go back but couldn't because of school. I have no way of knowing whether or not things would have worked out -- we could have found out quickly that we weren't all that compatible. But honestly, I just remember feeling so relaxed and comfortable around her, in a way I hadn't with someone in a long time. I sometimes think that it would have worked out, and I get bummed thinking about it. But that's life.

mental_traveller
Just asking out of curiosity.

I had a couple relationships in my younger days [19-21(ish)] that rocked my world but ended due to change of location (graduation and/or career).

Did you ever have that?

Did you ever speak to that person again?

Yes. Had a 3 month relationship that was hot as hell, but she was rather crazy so I ended it. Spoke to her a few times for another year, then lost touch.