How long to wait for that phone call?

Firescribe

Firescribe

Recently had a great time with a great guy - together for 48 hours, then returned to homes in different states. Though we agreed at the time it was unlikely we'd ever meet again, I am still sort of hoping for at least a phone call. How long should I wait before trying to call him? Or should I just write it off?

I think some background would be in order...

My questions:

Why did you agree it was unlikely you'd ever meet again?

Define what "a great time" was?

If you are unlikely to ever meet again, why do you have each other's phone numbers?

How recently is recently?

• Author
Firescribe

It was a coincidence - both in the same town on unrelated business trips, but neither of us live anywhere near that town.

How detailed to you want "great time " to be? We had drinks and lunches and dinners and going out and staying in. And sex. Altogether, about 48 hours (does that make it a two-night stand?)

The phone number thing was also an accident... he had misplaced his phone and wanted me to call his line from my cell. so he could find it by the ring... and the cells store the numbers.

Recently ended Tuesday (5 days ago).

I'm leaning toward not trying to call - to keep it as a terrific memory, but nothing more.

So, this was a stranger?

Hmm....

I would tend to agree with you, regarding not calling. Assuming he initiated sexual relations (stereotypical so I'm assuming here), I would expect him to initiate contact if he is interested in anything more. If you were the aggressor, I don't see anything wrong with calling him if you want to. There aren't any expectations IMO; you had a great time, great sex and both have a good memory. What you do with it is up to each of you.

I've had such potential encounters but am too reserved to just let it happen. Too complicated for my own good :D So, I guess I'm a bit envious...

SpikeyChick

I'm leaning toward not trying to call - to keep it as a terrific memory, but nothing more.

Why not contact him again - you obviously want to.

Why are most women so SCARED all the time.. Just check out whether he is married before you get into anything more serious..

Jilly Bean

You had a 48-hour fling with a stranger and he never asked for your phone number upon saying goodbye?

I think you have your answer there. NO WAY NO HOW would I ever reach out.

BTW, a few years ago, while vacationing alone at a tropical resort, I ended up having a fling with my massage therapist. We hung out for days - went diving, to dinner, and a LOT of sex. When it was over, it was over.

If he calls you, great. But IMO, the fact that he made no mention of staying in touch speaks volumes. Take it as a cool fling and thats that.

Unxpctd1014
the fact that he made no mention of staying in touch speaks volumes. Take it as a cool fling and thats that.

jilly bean is right