annoyed cause gyy i like has condoms in his room

cutegirl

Ok, perhaps I am crazy but I am irritated that a guy that I am not even dating has condoms in his room, I know he has them because a relative of him who is my friend told me she saw them.

Ok, so the guy is 30 and I am around the same age. He is single so he can do whatever he likes. I suppose its normal for grown men to have condoms just "in case" whatever that means. I can't help but be super annoyed tho. It means that he's been banging someone or is planning to and makes me think he's a player. I'm jealous!

Oh and I'm not even dating him, I have a crush on him but knowing he has condoms turns me off, I don't want him banging anyone.

Am I totally insane and ridiculous?

You're being ridiculous, just because a man has condoms doesn't mean to say he is a player. And just because you have a crush on him doesn't mean he should become celibate just for you. Your post is also highly contradicatory.

You can't possibly be serious. You aren't even dating and you're upset that he owns condoms? I'm on the pill and single, what's your point?

Citizen Erased

Oh wow...:eek:

Yeah, this is no fault of his. It's a good thing he has them, shows he practices safe sex. You are not a couple, and have no right analyzing the contents of his bedroom.

• Author
You can't possibly be serious. You aren't even dating and you're upset that he owns condoms? I'm on the pill and single, what's your point?

I know I am completely ridiculous but I'm serious, I'm not really irritated about it just very very slightly annoyed. Just a tiny bit.

I think taking the pill is different because sometimes women have side effects when they stop taking them. I have a friend who isn't sexually active but she says the pill helps regulate her periods and she mentioned some other stuff I can't remember.

I think condoms are different tho because they are there for a particular reason.

Trialbyfire

It's not as if he's keeping used condoms, laying around, cutegirl.

It's possible that it's an unfinished box from his last relationship. Is he allowed to have a previous relationship?

• Author

Ok ok I had a feeling I was being ridiculous but it helps to see it in writing from others in order to reinforce that fact. I won't worry about it anymore now because I don't want to be a total psycho.

Do u guys think it's possible though that he has condoms but isn't even having sex but just has them? I mean having sex at this moment.

I think condoms are different tho because they are there for a particular reason.

I've used condoms to masturbate in before, it saves cleaning up the mess afterwards. Maybe that's what he does. You're making a big thing out of nothing and why do you even care if he has condoms or not? You aren't even dating each other.

xpaperxcutx

What does it matter if he's having sex or not? If you're so worried about him being "unfaithful" don't date him.

I don't see it working. You're paranoid.

Trialbyfire

Here's an idea. Go ahead and start dating him. Then, when you've done the deed, count the number of condoms in the box. Then, the next time you do the deed, count the number of condoms in the box again. If they've reduced between times, you've got your answer.

Most men don't masturbate with a condom on, since the sensation is less.

• Author
It's not as if he's keeping used condoms, laying around, cutegirl.

It's possible that it's an unfinished box from his last relationship. Is he allowed to have a previous relationship?

Of course he is allowed to have a prev relationship. Its just that I don't want to be with guy who has had lots od sex partners and casual sex. He hasn't been in a super serious relationship recently.

Its just a prerequisite I have for guys. I don't want to date male sluts. I want someone who is similar to me. I have only been with two guys my entire life.

Honestly, Cute girl, I can't believe you are near 30 years old, and it is 2008, an you have said this.

Are you Catholic? If so, Happy Easter! :bunny:

J/K on the religious thing, but I believe every man I know has condoms around. I have condoms around! Granted, they are likely expired by now lol, but what does it hurt to show he will protect himself if the unexpected should happen? That's good!

I think I may have had your same reaction as this when I was about 17 years old. It is archaic & paranoid. You are not even dating this guy, so you are right, he can do whoever he wants.

The fact that he has them on hand is likely NO indication of his sexual activity level FYI. Maybe his condoms are expired too.

Most men don't masturbate with a condom on, since the sensation is less.

Unless you have a penis how on earth would you know? It's different for every man. I personally prefer using a condom in any form of sexual outlet.

To the OP - Most human beings have had a lot of sex with different people, that's just the way society is, you'll either have to get used to it and accept it or become celibate.

Trialbyfire
Of course he is allowed to have a prev relationship. Its just that I don't want to be with guy who has had lots od sex partners and casual sex. He hasn't been in a super serious relationship recently.

Its just a prerequisite I have for guys. I don't want to date male sluts. I want someone who is similar to me. I have only been with two guys my entire life.

I agree with the not wanting to date male sluts. Why not find out more about him, through discussion and getting to know him better, before entering into something physical?

• Author
What does it matter if he's having sex or not? If you're so worried about him being "unfaithful" don't date him.

I don't see it working. You're paranoid.

It matters because I like to know what kind of person someone is before I date them. I don't want someone promiscous. I am not dating him yet.but I could be soon because we are talking and he is showing an interest in me.

It matters because I like to know what kind of person someone is before I date them. I don't want someone promiscous. I am not dating him yet.but I could be soon because we are talking and he is showing an interest in me.

Why not cross this bridge when you approach it? Why worry about something so trivial before you have even been on date #1. I also find your behaviour of sending spies to do your craftsmanship somewhat discomforting.

Yeah, you're being silly. I'm a 25 y/o girl with a boyfriend and I keep condoms in my room....

• Author
Why not cross this bridge when you approach it? Why worry about something so trivial before you have even been on date #1. I also find your behaviour of sending spies to do your craftsmanship somewhat discomforting.

I didn't send spies. She saw them and told me without me asking. She is related to him and always at his place.

Having condoms in his room shouldn't make you mad! It means that he is SAFE. Haven't you heard about all the STDs these days? Do you think he wants one???

• Author
Having condoms in his room shouldn't make you mad! It means that he is SAFE. Haven't you heard about all the STDs these days? Do you think he wants one???

I am looking for someone who doesn't have casual sex or a lot of partners, someone similar to me. It's one of my prerequisites in a partner. I would rather pick a guy with less partners.

• Author
Honestly, Cute girl, I can't believe you are near 30 years old, and it is 2008, an you have said this.

Are you Catholic? If so, Happy Easter! :bunny:

J/K on the religious thing, but I believe every man I know has condoms around. I have condoms around! Granted, they are likely expired by now lol, but what does it hurt to show he will protect himself if the unexpected should happen? That's good!

I think I may have had your same reaction as this when I was about 17 years old. It is archaic & paranoid. You are not even dating this guy, so you are right, he can do whoever he wants.

The fact that he has them on hand is likely NO indication of his sexual activity level FYI. Maybe his condoms are expired too.

I am NOT Catholic, I am an atheist. It has to do with what qualities I'm looking for in a guy. I just want someone who hasn't had a lot of sex partners.

The simple ownership of condoms means that he's a male slut? Really?

And about the pill - I'm not on it for any other benefit than BC. I also have a box of condoms under my bathroom sink. I guess that makes me a floozy.

I am NOT Catholic, I am an atheist. It has to do with what qualities I'm looking for in a guy. I just want someone who hasn't had a lot of sex partners.

Why? It doesn't seem to be a moral issue for you. Given your other threads about purposefully choosing to "date down" out of insecurity, I can only assume you don't want to date a guy who is experienced because you're afraid of how you'll compare to his previous lovers?

If guys would get laid just because they have condoms at home, you would be seeing billions of guys on CNN by now, storming every store on the planet and buying every condom they can get their hands on.

Seriously though, having condoms doesn't mean he is having sex. While there is a very good chance that he has condoms because he is having sex, they could also be left-overs from a previous relationship. Or he could be using them for masturbation. They also make great water bombs.:)

I am one uptight guy but even I have some condoms in the bathroom cupboard. Having condoms is no indicator on whether or not he is a male slut.

• Author
The simple ownership of condoms means that he's a male slut? Really?

And about the pill - I'm not on it for any other benefit than BC. I also have a box of condoms under my bathroom sink. I guess that makes me a floozy.

No, it doesn't mean that he is a male slut. It's that he hasn't been in any SERIOUS relationships recently, more like "dating" so that means that he is having casual sex (I think). I could be wrong but that's just what I think. Why else would he have them?

It would be different if he had them and if he just got out of a serious relationship, but he hasn't.