Family Member's Gf Has Got To Go

plasticstars23

plasticstars23

my uncle is an amazing person, he is a genius, and an all around GREAT GUY, he is hard working, etc... he has one problem, his GF...she's what you would call a hippie... she feels like everything should be handed to her, she barely works, (works a few days a week at a pizza place, 4 hours each day) basically gets my uncle to pay for everything she does. my uncle is in the process of getting his masters degree and is tight on money at the moment, and this girl is relying on him. she gets food stamps, because she's simply too lazy to get a full time job, she feels she doesn't have to work,..SHE THINKS EVERYTHING SHOULD BE HANDED TO HER ON A SILVER PLATTER... shes 26. he's 35...no one in our family really likes her...she's a "nice girl" but she's not the one...she;s nothing special..they've been together 4 years and we think since my uncle's getting older and wants to have kids, he thinks she's the best he will get BUT SHE ISN'T NOBODY IN THE FAMILY WANTS HER A PART OF IT... what should we do before he makes the mistake of marrying her???? HELP

IME you're probably SOL.

When you have complaints about a friend or family member's significant other, I think it's best to keep that to yourself. If you become vocal about it your family member, uncle in this case, will likely get pissed off. You're involving yourself in his personal affairs, casting judgement on the woman that he for all intents and purposes loves, and it is likely he will not respond well to that.

This is just from my personal experience with my older sister and my best friend of 18 years. I've learned to keep my mouth shut and just not talk about it with them. They will, in the end, do what they want and nothing and no one can change that.

There is absolutely nothing you can do, but accept it. If your uncle isnt complaining about how she is milking him for his monies, and is replyng onhim then why are you. I can understand that you have the best intentions for your uncle , and you want to llook out for him but its not your relationship. Im sure hes well aware that she only works 4 hrs evry other day and is getting goverment assistance. If its good for the goose its good for the gander. Until your uncle sees that this girl is doing nothing but holding him down and dont have any goals for herself then it seems like you have to tolerate her. You dont have to like her, but you do have to tolerate her.

Now what could a 35 year old guy possibly see in a hippy 10 years younger than him that you don't?

....oh yeah. :p

Even 'freelovin' has it's price now :laugh:

I have close personal family members who will have her removed permanently for a certain price...

But I have to assume your Uncle is a grown man, an adult, and he is capable of making his own relationship decisions. Stop meddling and trying to control who he dates - it will only backfire on you all, and cause a lot of undue attention. If he is as smart as you say, then assume he knows how to handle his own affairs. They've been together for 4 years so leave it alone! It sounds like the family needs a new hobby... :)

He's getting some action from a girl a decade younger than himself. I'm sure he knows how much it's costing him, and he finds it worth it.

I knew lots of hippies with full time jobs, heck I was one. Hippies don't always equal bums.

You can't often win when you knock someone's serious GF/BF. But if you do..put it in an email so you can resend it with a "told ya so" after they break up.

The girl is a lazy, loser, user. You can't make a quality life with someone like that....but ya can get laid.