a guy lacking confidence

InsecureKid

Ok. So I've been in one major relationship when I was quite young (in middle school) and I royally messed it up. Nowadays I am kind of a horny dude and just talk to freaky girls lol.

Here's the thing, recently a girl i've known for about 6 years popped up in my life again and says she is starting to like me. She's beautiful, funny, great voice. I'd really like to get to know her better and see where we can take this.

Problem is, even though I talked with certain types of girls, I never really cared about them like I would with this new girl. I'm really a softy lovey-dovey kind of guy that was probably just doing stupid little kid stuff because I lack confidence after my middle school relationship.

I'm sort of shy and can't think of the right things to say to her or have nothing to say at all. If you've seen teen shows and the guy says something random and stupid out of desperation to just say anything, thats me. I did it for the first time just last week with her haha.

If you have any thoughts on becoming a conversationalist with her and really picking up on dating again instead of stupid flings, please offer it. I'm drowning here...

ElvenPriestess

There's a lot I could say here to advise. But I really just want to help you in starting off. Relax, and be yourself. Don't tense up, be casual, be confident, again relax, and just be who you are. Also, talk to her like you would any friend. You have no problem chatting with friends right? You feel you can be yourself at all times right? Use the same premise with this situation or any other dating for that matter. I hope that's of some use to you.