Blown off?

fiveohfive

So I met this guy about two weeks ago at a party - he's a friend of a friend. We hit it off right away and he started making all the moves on me. He ends up staying the night and we start hanging out a lot fast. Every single day since I met him he would tell me how beautiful I am, how he wants to get to know me better etc. etc. We ended up spending almost every single day/night together during that time.

Anyway a couple of days ago I told him I wouldn't be able to see him for a few days as I'm going skiing with my family and I have some job stuff that I need to get done. He says he's fine with that and tells me to have a great time on vacation etc. Later that day (yesterday) I send him a txt at work asking him how its going, basically just starting a conversation. He doesn't reply (and he has a lot of time on his hands at work so its not like he couldn't). This morning i called him to let him know my family changed the day we are going skiing till tomorrow and to call me if he wants to hang out. Again there has been no reply (that was about 8 hours ago). Ordinarily I wouldn't be bothered after just two weeks but we had pretty much established every day contact so now it feels weird. I don't know if I'm getting blown off?

Here's all the really important negatives that are making me really insecure about this:

he dumped his last boyfriend about 2 months ago, but I'm pretty sure he still has feelings for the guy. Two days ago his car broke down and he told me he had to ask his ex to take him to and from work until he gets it fixed (a few days... they work at the same place at the same times so its kind of reasonable, but i wish he had asked me for help instead). The last time they had hung out ("as friends") was about a week before he met me.

the last day that we had hung he told me he didn't want to kiss because he felt like he was about to get a cold sore. He still wanted to hug and hold hands and all the rest, but i don't know if that was an excuse/signal that he was losing interest?

I guess its really bugging me that he can't return my call/txt and just tell me if he's lost interest, and it feels weird to go from 100% hot to absolutely nothing in one day. One day in which we don't even see each other so i can't be something i suddenly did.

Does anyone have any advice on what is going on and what I should do? Right now I've pretty much decided that while i really want to hear from him, the ball is in his court and I'm not going to contact him again until he gets back to me.

What are my chances?

Id move on hon, as this guy seems to be long gone. Either he is back with the ex, or banging someone new. He sounds like a total manwhore, and IMO, not worth a second thought. The cold sore would be enough to make me bolt.

But do gay men really call each other beautiful? Huh...Who knew?

It wouldn't sit well with me that he is still hanging out with his ex.

If you have texted him and he isn't responding- you have done your part and the ball is in his court.

I would wait it out- and if he doesn't call, cut your losses and move on.

The worst thing you could do right now is to keep contacting him.

Crestfallen_KH

I agree, the ball is absolutely in his court. He knows you've tried to get ahold of him, and any additional contact will make you look desperate.

Id move on hon, as this guy seems to be long gone. Either he is back with the ex, or banging someone new. He sounds like a total manwhore, and IMO, not worth a second thought. The cold sore would be enough to make me bolt.

But do gay men really call each other beautiful? Huh...Who knew?

Yeah, the cold sore alone would send me in the opposite direction.

My gay friend tells me he thinks I am beautiful- despite the fact that I have a vagina.