Don't know where we stand.

niceandslow

I am so confused and so lost. Last week, I was really sick with bronchitis So on Sunday, it was the first day I was really feeling better. My boyfriend and I went out to dinner, and I had some drinks. Well, the drink hit me pretty fast. When we got back to his place, we watched some football and continued to drink. Well, I drank too much and became belligerent. The whole night was so much fun, and I was having a good night. But I don't know where it went wrong and what made me get angry and upset. Well, my boyfriend told me the next night, he didn't like how I freaked out. He is worried I might just go crazy and break something or do something like that. He was ready to stop seeing each other for a bit. I know what I did is really atypical for me and so out of character.

Last night, we talked again. I called him and things were fine. He said we could go to the mall together and do some shopping together. I asked if we could do something on Thursday, and he said he would call me. Well after we hung up, he called back. He was like I don't know if I can meet you tomorrow because I'm still freaked out about how you acted. I was like I want to meet so we can talk. He said what is there to talk about. I told him I want to understand what I did because I don't know. He admitted and told me he was drunk too and doesn't remember everything. He told me too that it was of the most fun he has had with me. I asked where the night went wrong, what happened. He was like I don't know what made you mad. I told him I don't freak out like that, and I am sorry. He said he is worried this might be a pattern. I said it isn't like me. I told him that one bad night shouldn't define our relationship. He didn't really say too much more besides ok, ok.

I don't know where we stand. I hope things will just blow over and we can put this past us. I don't know what else to say to him. I'm deeply in love with this man. I just don't want to believe that one stupid mistake can mess up the best thing that has happened to me.

Please don't let this be something about how I should cut back on drinking. I wanted to be a chill, laid back night with my boyfriend and I got out of hand. I know I should have had more self-control.

Basically, I am just looking for insight on what the next step should be. Should I give him some time to think about things?