My friend said some things about you that didn't make you sound very good

Phateless

Ok, girl 1 is a friend who has a bf of a year. she and i dated for like a minute just before she got together with him. she was the one who finally killed my inner nice guy.

about a month ago she introduced me to her friend (girl 2) and we kind of hit it off. last week after all four of us (girl 1/bf/girl2) hung out again, girl 2 says "you should call me here's my number" and we've been texting since then. (btw, after the other thread, she never called back so i texted a couple days later and she texted RIGHT back, so i guess i should have listened to my friend, girl1, in the first place.)

so i go to meet up with her last night (without the others) and at one point when we're dancing she said something to the effect of "girl 1 doesn't like you or think very highly of you, she said some things that weren't good" to which i replied

"oh really? well i'm a shady character what can i say? :p"

and left it at that. she laughed and smiled and we kept on dancing so i think i handled it fine, but now i'm puzzled about whether i should worry about this. girl 1 seems to be trying to help me with her friend, so why is she talking smack?

we also joked around about "lol yeah, that's just how girl 1 is, haha" and exchanged a couple quick notes about how we both know her quirks and blah blah, so girl 2 could tell i really wasn't worried about it at all.

but still... what to make of this?

Hmm. Did she say specifically how she doesn't think highly of you? Like, your too emotional, your a player, you are bad in bed, etc? Or did she just say she didn't think very highly of you?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as girl #2 isn't bothered by it (which it seems she isn't, you handled yourself nicely) then you have nothing to fear. Although, it says something about girl#1, acting like a friend to your face then talking smack behind your back..

• Author
Hmm. Did she say specifically how she doesn't think highly of you? Like, your too emotional, your a player, you are bad in bed, etc? Or did she just say she didn't think very highly of you?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as girl #2 isn't bothered by it (which it seems she isn't, you handled yourself nicely) then you have nothing to fear. Although, it says something about girl#1, acting like a friend to your face then talking smack behind your back..

Nope. She didn't get into specifics and there was no way I was going to validate that statement by asking what she said. That would have been insecure. I am curious, but I really don't care that much. "what did she say about me?" would have been the most insecure thing i could have said, so i played it off like i didn't even care. which i don't really... i'm just curious, lol

• Author

thanks, i think i handled it well. yeah girl 1 is kinda just that way, and girl 2 knows her well enough to take some things with a grain of salt. i am curious if girl 2 knows that girl 1 and i had a brief thing. not sure if i should tell her or let it slide...

thanks, i think i handled it well. yeah girl 1 is kinda just that way, and girl 2 knows her well enough to take some things with a grain of salt. i am curious if girl 2 knows that girl 1 and i had a brief thing. not sure if i should tell her or let it slide...

I would let it slide unless she brings it up, if she does then tell her the truth.

• Author
I would let it slide unless she brings it up, if she does then tell her the truth.

My only concern with that is that I wouldn't want her to think I was hiding it, if that makes sense. But I don't know if girl 1 wants girl 2 to know that. Her current bf knows, so I don't really know. <shrug> It's not like it's a secret, but we dated for such a short time that I don't know if it's really relevant anymore.