To the guys....what is your ideal body type in a woman?

nashua

I am not alone when it comes to body-image/weight. I am 5'4" and weigh 125. I have a pretty decent body with a bit of a belly pooch and some love handles, and I am obsessed with getting rid of those curves. My question to you is...what is your ideal body type? Are you into the Paris Hilton look? The Jennifer Aniston, the Scarlett Johannson? Even britney Spears gets critisized for her body now, but I actually think she looks pretty good, considering 2 babies.

Anyway, should i be concerned about getting rid of my lovehandles/belly pooch or do guys acually like them?

Thanks for the feedback!

This may not be the answer your looking for... but I dont really have an ideal body type that I am attracted to. I'm not into obese women, but a belly pooch doesnt really turn me off.

I admit that I was much more shallow a few years back!

Now, I pretty much go by how she makes me feel. I'm way happier.

• Author
Aria Giovanni is ideal for my taste.

And I don't mind a bit of a pooch on a girl. That's better than being rail thin.

So are you saying that rail thin is a turn off? If this is the case with you, and probably other men, why are the women in Hollywood aiming for that look, which in turn makes us common women strive to be rail thin too? Like i mentioned before, i have a decent body. i'm a size 2-4 depending on the day, but I'm still trying to lose the pooch and be not be super skinny like high fashion models, but more like Kate Huson or Jennifer Aniston. I'm actually 30, going on 31 soon, so i definately dont have the curve-less body of a 20 year old or younger. . Should i stop trying so hard, and just accept the slight curves i have?

I like my women to look llike women, larger breasts, nice plump butt, soft and feminine. With that said, not "bigger" girls at all, like scarlette johanson/selma hayek

So are you saying that rail thin is a turn off?

Yes, especially when a girl is so thin that you can see her ribs through her chest just above her breasts. :sick:

If this is the case with you, and probably other men, why are the women in Hollywood aiming for that look, which in turn makes us common women strive to be rail thin too?

Because they're nuts. And I would also guess because of the rule of thumb that the camera adds 10 lbs.

Should i stop trying so hard, and just accept the slight curves i have?

IMO, yes.

melodymatters
I like my women to look llike women, larger breasts, nice plump butt, soft and feminine. With that said, not "bigger" girls at all, like scarlette johanson/selma hayek

I'm confuses, are you saying scarlett and selma are "big" girls ? It seems to me you are contradicting yourself with your first and second sentence.

So are you saying that rail thin is a turn off? If this is the case with you, and probably other men, why are the women in Hollywood aiming for that look, which in turn makes us common women strive to be rail thin too? Like i mentioned before, i have a decent body. i'm a size 2-4 depending on the day, but I'm still trying to lose the pooch and be not be super skinny like high fashion models, but more like Kate Huson or Jennifer Aniston. I'm actually 30, going on 31 soon, so i definately dont have the curve-less body of a 20 year old or younger. . Should i stop trying so hard, and just accept the slight curves i have?

Personally, it's the middle measurement that is important to me. I love feminine curves:D. But the mid section is what I base body appeal off of. doesn't mean she has to be thin but not over weight. You've got Kate Hudson's body? I think you'd have a hard time finding a guy that doesn't approve:D

• Author
Personally, it's the middle measurement that is important to me. I love feminine curves:D. But the mid section is what I base body appeal off of. doesn't mean she has to be thin but not over weight. You've got Kate Hudson's body? I think you'd have a hard time finding a guy that doesn't approve:D

Ha...i wish i had Kate Hudson's body...i don't, but it's what I'm striving for. She doesn't have a belly pooch. I do, and her love handles don't exist...mine do. Other than that, i'm happy with my body. i just want to get rid of the so called fattier parts.

Because they're nuts. And I would also guess because of the rule of thumb that the camera adds 10 lbs.

Yeah, for some reason people who are skinny (and thus more angular) tend to photograph better. Hence, fashion and Hollywood's obsession with being super thin.

I prefer a girl with an extra pound or three. Not too thin, not too fat.

IMHO, 5'4" at 125 lb sounds ideal to me.

Weight should never be determinative, as it can be misleading. I'm 5'4'', and at 120 I had people asking me if I was sick.

I will never ever be as thin as a Hollywood star, mainly because I don't have the following at my disposal/ beck and call-

a) a dietician

b) a chef

c) a personal trainer

d) three spare hours a day to work out

e) stacks of cash to pay said trainer/chef/dietician or to order those "fresh to your door" calorie controlled diets you can get.

f) a job that REQUIRES me to be a certain body type

g) a drug habit

h) a neurotic self image/ belief that thinner is better

Just eat healthy and stay in shape. The rest will be defined by your genetic make up.

Can anyone explain to me why people feel you can't be both thin and curvy, at the same time?

If you're in shape, you will naturally be so.

I know that I am too thin right now, but still look good for my age. I am 5' 6" and 120 pounds. I belive a few 8-10 more would not hurt, but I do have curves. I am 41 and have seen my 19 year old friends mom's....I feel really good.

My H has always told me I have the blue print body in his head....but I am lucky to have skinny jeans in my family :)

I think all woman are beutiful, thin, chunky.....as long as they have curves.

Oops, I forgot to add that I don't have

i) a plastic surgeon

j) the money to pay for one

K) the desire/ need to have surgery

l) a good airbrush artist

I will never ever be as thin as a Hollywood star, mainly because I don't have the following at my disposal/ beck and call-

a) a dietician

b) a chef

c) a personal trainer

d) three spare hours a day to work out

e) stacks of cash to pay said trainer/chef/dietician or to order those "fresh to your door" calorie controlled diets you can get.

f) a job that REQUIRES me to be a certain body type

g) a drug habit

h) a neurotic self image/ belief that thinner is better

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I find many different women attractive for different reasons. But if I had a type.. hmm. Do not find the Paris Hilon waif look appealing at all. Women should be soft and not bony to me.

I like shorter women ... nice heart shaped rear with a little extra, think a young Rosie Perez body with green eyes, auburn hair, a nicer voice and ...:love:

dang sounds like my ex ... LOL

Don't worry it about so much. A couple extra pounds are no big deal. If you want to lose some for yourself than do it. Anyone worth having as a mate shouldn't care that much.

As I get older, for me the girl's personality and character are increasingly more important. Her appearance may hook me, but it's what she is on the inside that keeps me there.

If you just want to talk physical, a girls face and voice are both pretty important to me. It seems you can have a pretty face on an atrocious body or vice versa.

If you just want to talk body type -- i.e., from the neck down...like the other guys have said, I think proportion and general healthy-ness are more important than raw size. So for example, Pam Anderson is repulsive to me because she is too top-heavy. J-Lo, and the recent TMZ pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt are too bottom-heavy. I wouldn't mind a somewhat more solid woman if she was simply larger or big-boned but rolls of fat or cellulite are a turnoff. That being said, 5-10 extra pounds is not a big deal, and stretch marks or surgical scars aren't a problem either.

Jessica Biel is pretty close to perfect here:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0016154/photogallery-2

ae

Weight should never be determinative, as it can be misleading. I'm 5'4'', and at 120 I had people asking me if I was sick.

I agree for the most part, but I was just pointing out that based on her height/weight, she shouldn't be worried about losing weight. Maybe if she was 170+ lb, then I'd start to be concerned.

The important thing, however, is to be relatively active and healthy regardless of weight or body shape.

I am not alone when it comes to body-image/weight. I am 5'4" and weigh 125. I have a pretty decent body with a bit of a belly pooch and some love handles, and I am obsessed with getting rid of those curves. My question to you is...what is your ideal body type? Are you into the Paris Hilton look? The Jennifer Aniston, the Scarlett Johannson? Even britney Spears gets critisized for her body now, but I actually think she looks pretty good, considering 2 babies.

Anyway, should i be concerned about getting rid of my lovehandles/belly pooch or do guys acually like them?

Thanks for the feedback!

Your description sounds perfectly fine IMO. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for what I prefer: as long as she is making any effort to stay in shape and remain healthy, then that is fine with me.

My question to you is...what is your ideal body type? Are you into the Paris Hilton look? The Jennifer Aniston, the Scarlett Johannson? Even britney Spears gets critisized for her body now, but I actually think she looks pretty good, considering 2 babies.

Thanks for the feedback!

I can tell you that I do not find most supermodels' bodies attractive at all (an exception might be Tyra Banks). They are way too skinny. Please don't emulate them.

My preference would be the apple or hourglass shape myself. Pear shape and those with no shape (like a toothpick) are less attractive. If we're talking ideal, I like women who are curvy, big boobs, good sized hips, with a small waist are very attractive to me, like Dolly Parton (your boobs don't have to be that big, of course, lol). I don't know if most guys like lovehandles, but if you're in decent shape otherwise and they aren't that pronounced I think you shouldn't have any problems (other than from really shallow men look for a quick piece).

If I was you I would be more concerned about taking care of yourself for the long run. If you've got any bad eating habits, try changing those. If you don't exercise enough, do that some more. Just make the best with what you have, and if there is a little left over, don't worry about it.

To me a women who looks good and leads a healthy lifestyle (eating right, exercise, etc.) is most attractive of all, no matter what shape. Plus, I think most men would rather have a woman like you for the long haul than a woman who looks spectacular for 2 or 3 years then has weight problems the rest of her life.

No one likes them, some guys just settle for them if they don't have other options. We like girls who look like they play sports few times a week and don't eat at Denny's at 2am after drinking 5 beers at a bar.

We like 8-15% bodyfat on women; any good gym will tell you yours.

EDIT: Exactly, chick in the video - see how she has no fat on her sides?

We like 8-15% bodyfat on women; any good gym will tell you yours.

How many times do we have to tell you? 8-15% body fat on a women is ESSENTIAL fat only, there is more fat than that on most people. :rolleyes:

I wish you would stop misquoting medical facts.