Christmas Gift???

LovesDog

A little help here. I've been dating this guy that I'm really into for 6 weeks (12th date planned this week, but who's counting). We are mid-thirties. It is not a serious relationship (no expectations though I'd love it to progress someday) and we are having a really great time hanging out. And, naughty me, we are sleeping together.

I was talking to my sister about maybe baking some holiday goodies as a gift. My sister says to buy something sort of nice and keep it "just in case" he gives me a nicer gift. I think that is lame. I think baked goods leaves things very open for whatever interpretation one wants to give it. Like, "cool, she made me cookies, too" :cool: or "how sweet of my lover, she baked all day just for me":bunny:!

So, men: What is your take on it? Do I give him anything at all? If so, what is non-threatening? I don't want to freak the poor guy out. Though I would like to share my holiday cheer with him and let him know that he is in my thoughts.

• Author

Aw common! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Ok, girls, whadduya think? Though, I'd really like a man's perspective on this, I'm sure someone has had experience with this! What has been a nice gift in the past that has worked great for you?

A little help here. I've been dating this guy that I'm really into for 6 weeks (12th date planned this week, but who's counting). We are mid-thirties. It is not a serious relationship (no expectations though I'd love it to progress someday) and we are having a really great time hanging out. And, naughty me, we are sleeping together.

I was talking to my sister about maybe baking some holiday goodies as a gift. My sister says to buy something sort of nice and keep it "just in case" he gives me a nicer gift. I think that is lame. I think baked goods leaves things very open for whatever interpretation one wants to give it. Like, "cool, she made me cookies, too" :cool: or "how sweet of my lover, she baked all day just for me":bunny:!

So, men: What is your take on it? Do I give him anything at all? If so, what is non-threatening? I don't want to freak the poor guy out. Though I would like to share my holiday cheer with him and let him know that he is in my thoughts.

Well, since you guys have not been together for too long, try to think of something you would give a friend, or a very close friend. Baked goods I don't think any of us males would complain about - try to weezle out of him what he enjoys the most (Chocolate, Vanilla, cake or cookies, etc. etc.). It's hard at this point since you guys aren't too serious, and you want to be delicate with it. :) If you want to make it sincere, making something is the best way to his heart. Nothing shows affection more than a hand-made gift.:love:

If I had a girl and she made me some Cookies

I would be very happy and give her some Nookie ;)

Bake the cookies, ANY guy would dig the heck out of that...Its the simple things that count...seriously _ do it!!!!

gifts are material - but your baking will be remembered.

Baked goods are cool. But maybe getting him something else too like a DVD or something. It's been 1 1/2 months, and it'll be over 2 months when xmas comes.

Baked goods are good but you also need to give him a gift.. this is a guy you are sharing your bed with.

When Dec 25th comes you will be dating over 2 months and will have had sex quite a bit.

Why not make him a stocking and fill it with stuff that you have baked ie:cookies and then get him something like a dollar bill clip or something that you might think he will like or need.

• Author

I'm liking the stocking filled with goodies idea. I can come up with some great stuff. I just want to keep it light enough that he isn't overwhelmed by me nor thinking he has to get me anything. More thoughts from the men? Please please please!!! Yah, definitely cookies!

how about tickets...that is , if you 2 live somewhere metro, where they get concerts or a sports team he likes is there...cookies,tickets and..yeah, since your sharing your bed w/ him something fun, like a game or something, ...yeah,put it all in a stocking and call it good. > i would say the cookies was the best idea though, the rest is just "filler".......

• Author
If I had a girl and she made me some Cookies

I would be very happy and give her some Nookie ;)

Well, that's what I'm hoping for!