Why are relationships so difficult?

goodguy15

Sometimes it's just that I can't give my girlfriend the love she deserves but sometimes I can.We used to fool around and have fun like once a week but i told her I want to cool it for a while but sometimes it feels like I'm not as close to her like i used to be.And I'm shying away from her because of her needs.I am polite towards her and everything and she thinks I'm perfect to her but in my head it feels like I'm not perfect and nobody is.We do enjoy eachothers company but sometimes I'm so serious because of my personality changes so quickly without me realizing it.And she asks me whats wrong and I have a hard time being more open with her because that i hurt.It just feels like all the mistakes I made in the past are effecting me because it feels like god is punishing me for what I did or blaming it on my self.It's like i can't except for who she is and sometimes I can.Something that she does around me and i can't figure it out what it is.I'm afraid to tell her because I might hurt her feelings or losing her.I mean whats the purpose of keeping relationship alive despite of all the minor issues in a relationship.We are together for reason but we don't know yet.

torranceshipman

Have you ever been diagnosed for depression or suspect you have it? This might explain the change in your moods, being generally down on something you think makes you happy/should make you happy, etc, unexplained feelings of pessimism or wondering 'why bother'....just a thought?

• Author

Like about in my junior year I was going through rough time in my life where I didn't have any friends except for family that I did see once in a while, my cousin for an example they made me happy.I was going through moving to a new highschool 11 years ago but it feels like I'm going through a depression period that i can't seem to get out of.My girlfriend makes sure that I'm happy but sometimes I'm not.It just feels I can't take it anymore because I'm going through so many emotions.That I can't be myself.Especially being layed off from 2 jobs in the past year doesn't make me feel any better but she tells me you gotta pick yourself up and keep on going but how do you keep on going when you're going through so much crap.I'm trying my best to make things for the better but it's not working.And my girlfriend is my only real friend that i have.But is it normal to take a break from a relationship and then go back to her?

You have two choices:

• Drag your baggage into your new opportunity with her.
  • Let it go and enjoy being with her.

Perhaps, deep down inside you, you're concerned she's going to walk away again. Feeling vulnerable might be what's causing you to push/pull.

You know this will effectively sabotage your new opportunity, if you let it.

• Author

We've been together for 2 years on Dec 11 but I never did let the opportunity go when i first met her but now I'm having all these problems and every relationship is not perfect either.

My apologies goodguy, I confused you with another member, niceguy.

Some of my advice still stands about how push/pull is a form of sabotage. I do agree that no relationship is perfect. :)