Is she just trying to make me jealous or is she serious?

Jason74

The girl I like called me a couple of days ago sounding really upset and saying that these guys were hitting on her, esp. this one guy who sounds a bit stalkerish. Since I just went through that myself, I tried my best to brainstorm with her ways to avoid it.

Now that I think about it though, was she just trying to make me jealous? I mean, she sounded sincere and all but just the topic is a little suspicious.

It's hard to say whether or not she was trying to make you jealous. Maybe it is just a coincidence that you had also gone through something similar. But I would say that she must really like you if she called you for support.

But I would say that she must really like you if she called you for support.

That is not necessarily the case - if she is calling him for support then more than likely she perceives him as a friend! So yeah, she must really like him, but as a friend, not as a romantic interest!

But I do agree that she was probably trying to make you jealous. Why would she complain that she is getting hit on??

Getting hit on probably makes her feel good - she is getting vbalidation from men! Especially as she probably put a lot of effort into getting ready to go out! :)

Trezza, not everyone appreciates getting hit on, especially if it's A) done in a pushy and/or offensive manner, or B) if it's being done by someone that freaks us out or grosses us out.

She is probably getting hit on and doesn't appreciate the manner in which it is being delivered. I also think that if she's telling you, Jason, she's letting you know that she doesn't like it and maybe she's letting you know that she'd like you to hit on her. And while probably not exactly trying to make you jealous, she may be looking for some reaction from you to show her that it might bug you just a little, which in a way would show her that you're interested in her 'that way'.

A tinge of jealousy is okay...it means that you care.

Anything more than a tinge is too much.

The girl I like called me a couple of days ago sounding really upset and saying that these guys were hitting on her, esp. this one guy who sounds a bit stalkerish. Since I just went through that myself, I tried my best to brainstorm with her ways to avoid it.

Now that I think about it though, was she just trying to make me jealous? I mean, she sounded sincere and all but just the topic is a little suspicious.

Huh?

Where was she when she was being hit on? Why couldn't she just leave the bar or wherever she was? What did she expect you to do about it?

It could be for any number of reasons why she told you about it. It would probably help if you expanded on the detail a bit. As an example of lack of detail, it would be similar to this:

Hi, my name is Joe, I'm mad, can anyone offer some advice?

• Author
It could be for any number of reasons why she told you about it. It would probably help if you expanded on the detail a bit. As an example of lack of detail, it would be similar to this:

Hi, my name is Joe, I'm mad, can anyone offer some advice?

Well, I am mad :p

This is a guy in a night class she's taking. Apparently she went to class one night and the guy was all of a sudden in her face asking her a bunch of questions. (By the way, to answer someone else's question at the same time, this girl is very conservative socially and doesn't like a lot of attention from guys. It just seems to upset her. Even I have to flirt very "gently.") Then the guy apparently emails her through the class website when she skips a night and asks her if she's okay and all. Then after she doesn't email him back, he tracks her down in the hallway and asks her where she was. On top of that, he sent her an email the next day saying he was looking forward to "getting to know her better."

She didn't say a lot about the other guys, except that they were staring at her a lot. This is all at the same community college where she's taking her business classes.

Well, I am mad :p

This is a guy in a night class she's taking. Apparently she went to class one night and the guy was all of a sudden in her face asking her a bunch of questions. (By the way, to answer someone else's question at the same time, this girl is very conservative socially and doesn't like a lot of attention from guys. It just seems to upset her. Even I have to flirt very "gently.") Then the guy apparently emails her through the class website when she skips a night and asks her if she's okay and all. Then after she doesn't email him back, he tracks her down in the hallway and asks her where she was. On top of that, he sent her an email the next day saying he was looking forward to "getting to know her better."

She didn't say a lot about the other guys, except that they were staring at her a lot. This is all at the same community college where she's taking her business classes.

Nice to see some background and detail. Thanks.

You could kill two birds with one stone. Offer to show up after class and pretend to be her b/f. ;)

• Author

You could kill two birds with one stone. Offer to show up after class and pretend to be her b/f. ;)

Ok, that's just evil enough to be something I would do. I'll see if she goes for it.

BeautifulMusic

HAHAHA, I like your style, TBF! :cool:

BeautifulMusic

Thanks. Jason needs to be a little more opportunistic, if he's going to get somewhere with this girl. :laugh: