When the tides change, they change FAST!

brothermartin

brothermartin

OK, I have a situation here: Today I got multiple txt msgs. from 3 women that seem to want attention from me. Im still getting msgs. from one of them right now.

When I got home and checked my mail, I found an envelope from my ex that was a full page of an inspiring quote from that movie "The Secret".

I sent her a short email msg. thanking her for the nice gesture. Within half an hour, I got 2 emails from her! One of them saying she was going to send me something else similar to that!

I know what to do about the other 3 women, but what do I do about my ex!?

I want to tell her I appreciate it, but it's not necessary, because Im fine. But I dont want to hurt her feelings.

Did somebody flick my POPULAR switch when I was'nt looking? What the hell is going on here!?

Please, can someone give me some advice? What can I do about this?:eek:

I would recommend doing it all! Why not? Keep the 2 new girls at bay by casually dating them if you really think you need to work on things with the ex. That is what I would do. Your options are completely open right now and if you can pick and choose, that means you are strong enough to make your own choice. I wish I was in that boat. I still pine quite a bit for mine so Im not quite there yet.

When it rains it pours you know. If youve gotten this far, remember that YOU can do what you want now. You dont have anyone tugging on your heart strings anymore.

Good Luck

• Author
brothermartin

But thats just it. I dont know why she's doing this. (My ex, I mean). I was hoping for this, but I didnt really think I would get it. It's caught me off guard, thats all. Dont get me wrong, Im glad for the contact and the gestures. But Im also a little scared. I feel like I need to say something to her, I just dont know what would be the right thing to say, if anything. Any ideas?

Didnt you want your ex back very badly? maybe i need to get up to speed. were you feeling sad about your ex because of rejection? do you really want her back still? or do you know want her back because she wants to be bacl?

Don't sweat placating the ex by dropping the other three who might be interested. My ex sent me an e-mail saying she wanted me back as well. I told her I was unsure about all of that considering how things ended between us, and she understood. But the offer still stands. That's great, as it confirms the idea that there was not a huge problem with me but rather with where she was. I think your contact from your ex confirms the same.

So for now enjoy that feeling and go ahead and date someone else. It's the least you should do for yourself.

• Author
brothermartin

I wanted her back 6 weeks ago, but now only part of me wants her back.

I mean the part of me that was still totaly in love with her wants her back.

But the part of me that she cut down, twisted and ripped of dignity dose not want her back. In other words, the part of me thats scared of being hurt by her or anyone else, is paranoid. But Im sure Im reading to much into it. Its probably not what Im thinking.

• Author
brothermartin
Don't sweat placating the ex by dropping the other three who might be interested. My ex sent me an e-mail saying she wanted me back as well. I told her I was unsure about all of that considering how things ended between us, and she understood. But the offer still stands. That's great, as it confirms the idea that there was not a huge problem with me but rather with where she was. I think your contact from your ex confirms the same.

So for now enjoy that feeling and go ahead and date someone else. It's the least you should do for yourself.

She didnt say she wanted me back or anything like that, it was just a couple of emails and a letter. But all in one day, so thats why Im paranoid.

What did Raoul Duke say in "Fear and Loathing..."

Hey man, paranoia pays.

Listen to that voice and date the others. And relax. You are now

the Man.

Sometimes you da man, sometimes you not da man. But now, right now, you da man.

• Like 1

No problem.

You see, about three or four weeks ago, I was the Man. But it must have been some sort of mixup. Yes, the Man honors were supposed to go to someone else, maybe you even? No matter, I enjoyed my brief tenure and lived like there was no tomorrow. And here you are.